• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Is there a doctor in the forum?

What should I do?

• See a doctor

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Just RICE, you'll be fine

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Drink a schooner of cement and harden the fuck up

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Cut it off

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Stop playing cricket

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I see you are not willing to post your batting score :p ?

There's a reason I took up bowling... Caught at point on seven, didn't realise how hard it is to roll ur wrists on a ball with only ur left hand

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
So glad there's already a thread for this..

Two Saturdays ago a mate's g/f blew....... two tyres and he was off camping in the mountains so I went to help her out. In a hurry to get my jack and chassis stands I was walking out of the shed carrying too much and the centre piece slid out of one of the chassis stands.

Fortunately my safety thongs broke the 1kg steel bar's 3 foot fall, and my man-grunt alleviated the immediate pain quite nicely.

The cut was really deep so I put a bandaid on it and went to sort out her car. It bled quite a lot so I put a second bandaid on and went for a 3.6km run. I really pushed it to pace at 6:13 kilometres, and this surprisingly bought out quite a bit of blood, so I threw the sock away.

Now it's 10 days later and while I have full movement of the toe it is very sensitive to touch. Reckon I might have tweaked something?

Attachments

• moto.png
    moto.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 241

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Moses, that is one of the greatest posts ever written here my friend.

It has comedy and ridiculous manliness in the same package. Well played Sir.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I am working out how to prescribe "man-grunt" to my patients in lieu of analgesics.
When you dorsiflex (i.e. pull up the big toe) against resistance (push down with a finger) can the toe hold or does it cause pain or weakness of the toe? You may have partly mashed the EHL tendon. It will usually fix itself. You may have chipped the bone - no big deal, it will fix itself but be sore for several weeks.
You may just have a small superficial skin infection too - if getting redder, get some antibiotics.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I am working out how to prescribe "man-grunt" to my patients in lieu of analgesics.
When you dorsiflex (i.e. pull up the big toe) against resistance (push down with a finger) can the toe hold or does it cause pain or weakness of the toe? You may have partly mashed the EHL tendon. It will usually fix itself. You may have chipped the bone - no big deal, it will fix itself but be sore for several weeks.
You may just have a small superficial skin infection too - if getting redder, get some antibiotics.
Thanks cyclo, I can dorsiflex and "reverse dorsiflex" as hard as I can without pain. I can also bend the toe as far as it will go - when I bend it to full extension and push it down with a finger it hurts a little but I think that is just tightness across the injury. It's only when I touch directly on the red bit that it really hurts - sounds like there's no point in an x-ray so I'll just keep an eye on the redness and if it gets worse find some anti-biotics. Might need some of them next week anyway as I'm going to Africa and their meant to be good for Malaria..

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Swat I'm no doc (I just have Army med experience) but just this Saturday gone I saw that exact same type of colouring on my mates pinky who went & got it checked & it turns out she's broken her finger. I don't know if she had dislocated it before hand but it looked similar to yours.

If it were me I'd get it checked, even if it's nothing it's better to be sure.

C

Cave Dweller

Was driven off my own bowling and stuck a hand out. Saved a boundary, then put it back in and kept bowling, also batted with it later in the day. Our opening batter also broke both bones in his forearm on 13 and went on to make 46 before being controversially run out. Don't know many people who'd do that.
That would equal making a 100 on the 5th day of a cricket test on the sub continents dirt road pitches with guys running in at you who can spin a bill on glass

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Swat I'm no doc (I just have Army med experience) but just this Saturday gone I saw that exact same type of colouring on my mates pinky who went & got it checked & it turns out she's broken her finger. I don't know if she had dislocated it before hand but it looked similar to yours.

If it were me I'd get it checked, even if it's nothing it's better to be sure.

I thought you were going to recommend pissing on it...

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Injured whilst being chivalrous Moses, very noble... But come clean this was really just self inflicted when you slipped when giving yourself a pedicure.

C

Cave Dweller

Injured whilst being chivalrous Moses, very noble... But come clean this was really just self inflicted when you slipped when giving yourself a pedicure.
Pedicure or knocking it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.