• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'll get going with some completely made up rumours... :)

A combined CCGS/Redfield to put their big boy pants on and graduate to Div 1 removing the Div 1 BYE

Thoughts?

Feel free to post any other lies, mistruths or nonsense... until we get some fixtures posted and then it's serious!

Thomas B Rugbyboot

Frank Nicholson (4)
I like the thought DaSchmooze, however schools are too far apart for the Div 1 teams to send two separate groups on game day. Maybe Oxley and Chevalier could combine and step up to Div 1 being they are only about 15 minutes apart and could take turns in hosting game days?? I nice trip to the Southern Highlands is always a pleasant outing.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
I like the thought DaSchmooze, however schools are too far apart for the Div 1 teams to send two separate groups on game day. Maybe Oxley and Chevalier could combine and step up to Div 1 being they are only about 15 minutes apart and could take turns in hosting game days?? I nice trip to the Southern Highlands is always a pleasant outing.
Wouldnt it be great! Go watch some footy then nick off to the wineries afterwards. MAKE IT HAPPEN ISA!

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone got a predicted ladder? I think we all know who the likely heavyweights will be at the top of the list but would like to see in what order everyone thinks they will be in!

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Whilst I'm throwing out nonsense prediction about combined programs, I do think ISA is uniquely positioned to have an element of flexibility when it comes to the divisions and - should they want to - a school should be allowed to come up in to Div 1 if they feel they could handle it.

Also keen to hear about any other school Rugby program that is currently not serviced by ISA. William Clarke at Kellyville perhaps? A regional coed school?

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
Whilst I'm throwing out nonsense prediction about combined programs, I do think ISA is uniquely positioned to have an element of flexibility when it comes to the divisions and - should they want to - a school should be allowed to come up in to Div 1 if they feel they could handle it.

Also keen to hear about any other school Rugby program that is currently not serviced by ISA. William Clarke at Kellyville perhaps? A regional coed school?
Hi Da-S .... I did see there is some sort of a new comp set up involving Redfield, Arndell, William Clarke & RouseHill Anglican College. All located in the Hills area north east Sydney. There are other schools in the area who did play rugby in the past - Northholm Grammar, Hills Grammar, Galston High, Pennant Hills High.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Hi Da-S .... I did see there is some sort of a new comp set up involving Redfield, Arndell, William Clarke & RouseHill Anglican College. All located in the Hills area north east Sydney. There are other schools in the area who did play rugby in the past - Northholm Grammar, Hills Grammar, Galston High, Pennant Hills High.
Yes I used to work out there at one of those schools. generally it was a junior, intermediate and senior team and not every school could field all three. Small but eager!

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Easier to put invitation out to the Canberra schools
I dont think we'll ever see it. From my understanding, the Canberra comp involves both school and club teams and is pretty well supported. It would be a brave sports master to suggest that his players need to leave Canberra at 5:30am every second Saturday - longer if they were going to Bathurst or Orange

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
I dont think we'll ever see it. From my understanding, the Canberra comp involves both school and club teams and is pretty well supported. It would be a brave sports master to suggest that his players need to leave Canberra at 5:30am every second Saturday - longer if they were going to Bathurst or Orange

Agree with what you are saying but spare a thought for the Orange and Bathurst teams that have to leave at 5.30 every second week to travel, and usually get back about 9pm. Sydney teams usually only come to Orange or Bathurst once a season.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Agree with what you are saying but spare a thought for the Orange and Bathurst teams that have to leave at 5.30 every second week to travel, and usually get back about 9pm. Sydney teams usually only come to Orange or Bathurst once a season.

That season that Kinross had (either last year of the year before) where they kept losing by narrow margins must have been a struggle. I went to watch them play Pats last year and thought they were a quality outfit - better than what their scores would indicate - so it must have been very dispiriting to do that every second week.

Full credit to the Stannies and Kinross programs. A massive haul from everyone who is in charge out there. I always enjoyed heading out there to play and always thought they added something to the competition that is missing in CAS or GPS - TAS not withstanding.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Saturday May 4th:
Auggies v Japan tour
Gregs v Aloys
Kinross v TAS @ Orange
Oakhill v Shore @ Northbridge
Pats v Trinity @ Strathfield (assume this is Green and Black)
Pius v Cranbrook @ Oxford Falls
Stannies v Joeys 2nds (I think - Joeys listed as playing two teams that day so presume their 2nds play Stannies and 1sts play Knox)

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Saturday May 11th:
Auggies v Joeys 2nds or 1sts @ Hunters Hill
Gregs v Grammar @ Gregory Hills
Kinross v Barker @ Hornsby
Oakhill v Joeys 1sts or 2nds @ Hunters Hill
Pats v Cranbrook @ Bellevue Hill
Pius v Trinity @ Summer Hill
Stannies v Scots @ Bathurst

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Saturday May 18th:
Auggies v Cranbrook @ Rat Park
Gregs v Barker @ Gregory Hills
Kinross v Aloys @ Willoughby
Oakhill v Trinity @ Castle Hill
Pats v Knox @ Wahroonga
Pius v Grammar @ Weigall
Stannies v Waverley @ Queens Park

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Saturday May 25th:
Auggies v Waverley @ Rat Park
Gregs v Trinity @ Gregory Hills
Kinross v Cranbrook @ Orange
Oakhill v Knox @ Castle Hill
Pats v ??? (Cant find a fixture for them at the CAS or GPS sites)
Pius v Aloys @ Oxford Falls (possibly also Gramar again. Games listed for both teams at GPS and CAS sites)
Stannies v Barker @ Hornsby

Last edited: