• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

MundaysMen

Stan Wickham (3)
Oakhill 1st XV 21 - 12 Riverview 1st XV

In a highly anticipated return to the field after a two-week hiatus for both teams, Oakhill showed that falling behind 7-0 within the first 2 minutes as View capitalised on a catch from their own kickoff, resulting in a close-range try, setting the tone for an intense matchup.

The game took a turn when View secured their second try 20 minutes in, extending their lead to 12-0 with a well-executed chip over the top followed by a swift chase from their outside centre. This seemed to ignite the Oakhill team, prompting a surge in their efforts as they relentlessly pressed into View's territory.

The game's dynamics shifted dramatically when Oakhill intercepted a pass from View's scrum-half, with Sam Polley's decisive play resulting in Oakhill's first points, ending the half at 12-7.

The second half witnessed an intense battle early, with both teams showing their determination. However, Oakhill's forwards were the ones to lift, earning multiple penalties and shifting the game's momentum in their favour. Despite initial line-out struggles, Oakhill's scrums proved effective, allowing Sam Polley’s 8 pick to lead a charge close to the try line. A sequence of swift passes and strong forward play culminated in Jack Taylor Hannify crossing over for Oakhill's second try.

The relentless pressure continued as Oakhill dominated in View's half, ultimately securing their third try through cohesive forward play. It was a commendable performance from both sides, with Oakhill emerging victorious against strong opponents, marking a 2 from 2 record in the season.

Some Oakhill standouts:
- Tom Alloggia (Second Row)
- Ryan Scott (Flanker)
- Sam Polley (Number 8)
- Luke Alderson (Flyhalf)
- Jack Taylor Hannify (Winger) - hasn’t missed a conversion through 2 games

Last edited:

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
Oakhill Team Lists and Team News vs Riverview 27/4 @ Riverview

*3rd XV game @ 10am has been cancelled as Riverview has withdrawn their 3rd XV team due to injuries.

16A Team List vs Riverview 16A - 9am @ Riverview
1. Liam Boys
2. Antonio Wadih
3. Heath Natera
4. Lachlan Paxton
5. Ben Visagie
6. Archie Smith
7. Nate Barone
8. Isaac El-Khoury
9. Levi Ellis
10. Patrick Valencour
11. Issac Bale
12. Joseph Wesser
13. Patrick Withford
14. James Fitzhenry
15. Cyrus Bloomfield

16. Harrison Shand
17. Oscar Widdup
18. Charlie Akle

News: Callum Spooner (#10 @ Barker Trial) is unavailable. Cyrus Bloomfield (#15) starts in the 16's age group rather than the Opens for his first game of the year for Oakhill.

2nd XV Team List vs Riverview 2nd XV - 11am @ Riverview
1. Alec Buchert
2. Ryan Kelleway
3. Heath Stafford
4. Zeke Logo
5. Charlie Liddicoat
6. Redmond Power
7. Josh Wakefield
8. Luca Caruso
9. Taite Howells
10. Tom Halmarick
11. Lachlan Abdallah
12. Cooper Charlwood
13. Ethan Jenkins
14. Liam John
15. Tom Fitzhenry

16. Reagan Smith
17. Bowen Minett

News: Additions of Tom Halmarick (#10) and Heath Stafford (#3) - 1st XV @ Barker Trial. Furthermore, Taite Howells (#9) comes into the side for his first game of the year for Oakhill transferring Bowen Minett to the bench. Cooper Charlwood moves from #10 (Barker trial) to #12 and Ryan Charlwood (#15 @ Barker Trial) is unavailable. Additionally, Zeke Logo (#4) is named for his first game since 2022 - 16A's, a big achievement for the young man who has made the recovery from an ACL injury I believe.

1st XV Team List vs Riverview 1st XV - 12:15pm @ Riverview
1. James Kenna
2. Marcus Odd
3. Jardyn Orsini
4. Tom Alloggia
5. Will Casey
6. Lukas Butler
7. Ryan Scott
8. Sam Polley
9. Flynn Farrell
10. Luke Alderson
11. Jack Taylor Hannify
12. Joe Harvey
13. Mitch Holmes
14. Max Gioiello
15. Darcy Feltham

16. Luke Muriti

News: Jardyn Orsini (#3, 2nd XV #3 @ Barker Trial) replaces Julian Carruthers (#3 @ Barker Trial) who is unavailable, in the front row. Will Casey moves from #6 (Barker Trial) to #5, meanwhile Lukas Butler is shifted from #8 (Barker Trial) to #6 to make way for Sam Polley (#8). Darcy Feltham is moved into the starting jersey (#15) whilst Luke Muriti (Hooker) is being returned from injury for his first trial game (managed @ Barker Trial)
Is Hasani Bloomfield injured and what position does he play

MundaysMen

Stan Wickham (3)
Why did they drop the Oakhill 9 to seconds ?
He played very well in both seconds and first on the weekend.
Two very very good players. Both with different play styles, each with their own strengths. At the end of the day it depends on what the coaches want from their 9.

I’m sure both will be given ample opportunity during the trials, but as of now the First XV scrum half has certainly earnt his starting spot with his strong defence, while his connection with the 10 has looked fluent through the first two games. Interesting to see how the coaches manage this moving further into the season.

ISA

Bob McCowan (2)
Auggies first few games have been quite impressive in the Sanix tournament. With their last pool game starting today this will decide whether they move on or not. In addition to this Auggies will host Riverview and Barker at Rat park this Saturday. Hopefully their are some impressive games, I will also post an update on their 3rd game in Japan today which starts at 11am and can be live streamed on youtube for anyone who may be interested.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Auggies first few games have been quite impressive in the Sanix tournament. With their last pool game starting today this will decide whether they move on or not. In addition to this Auggies will host Riverview and Barker at Rat park this Saturday. Hopefully their are some impressive games, I will also post an update on their 3rd game in Japan today which starts at 11am and can be live streamed on youtube for anyone who may be interested
Will this include the firsts as well or just every other grade?

MundaysMen

Stan Wickham (3)
Oakhill 1st XV Team List vs Shore 1st XV - 5:00pm @ North Sydney Oval
1. Marcus Odd
2. Luke Muriti
3. Julian Carruthers
4. Tom Alloggia
5. Zeke Logo
6. Lukas Butler
7. Ryan Scott
8. Sam Polley
9. Flynn Farrell
10. Luke Alderson
11. Darcy Feltham
12. Joe Harvey
13. Mitch Holmes
14. Jack Taylor-Hannify
15. Tom Halmarick

- Marcus Odd is shifted from Hooker to Loosehead Prop to make way for Luke Muriti - his first start of the season.
- Julian Carruthers is back available, starting at Tighthead Prop
- Zeke Logo is called up to slot into Lock.

Should be a cracker game as Shore is always producing good 1st XV Teams while Oakhill will have to lift to the occasion if they want to continue their winning record.
MM OUT.

Last edited:

ISA

Bob McCowan (2)
Oakhill 1st XV Team List vs Shore 1st XV - 5:00pm @ North Sydney Oval
1. Marcus Odd
2. Luke Muriti
3. Julian Carruthers
4. Tom Alloggia
5. Zeke Logo
6. Lukas Butler
7. Ryan Scott
8. Sam Polley
9. Flynn Farrell
10. Luke Alderson
11. Darcy Feltham
12. Joe Harvey
13. Mitch Holmes
14. Jack Taylor-Hannify
15. Tom Halmarick

- Marcus Odd is shifted from Hooker to Loosehead Prop to make way for Luke Muriti - his first start of the season.
- Julian Carruthers is back available, starting at Tighthead Prop
- Zeke Logo is called up to slot into Lock.

Should be a cracker game as Shore is always producing good 1st XV Teams while Oakhill will have to lift to the occasion if they want to continue their winning record.
MM OUT.
As being an auggies suppporter I certainly have to agree with this take on Shore's 1st XV teams. After that awful thrashing at Leichhardt oval back in 2022.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Auggies, will be playing in the semi final against a Japanese team, tomorrow afternoon at 4pm AEST, attempting to book a spot in the grand final on Sunday against either NZ’s national champion, Southland boys, or Japans national champion, Osaka. Tune in on the Sanix World Rugby Youth Tournament YouTube channel to watch the men in gold go to battle.

Last edited:

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
As being an auggies suppporter I certainly have to agree with this take on Shore's 1st XV teams. After that awful thrashing at Leichhardt oval back in 2022.
Its looking like this game will be played in pretty miserable conditions. A real shame as it was shaping up to be one of the highlight games of the trial period.

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
Some amendments from when I first posted these a while back:

Saturday May 4th:
Auggies v Japan tour
Gregs v Shore 3rds @ Northbridge
Kinross v TAS @ Orange
Oakhill v Shore @ North Sydney Oval
Pats v Trinity @ Strathfield
Pius v Cranbrook @ Oxford Falls
Stannies v Joeys 3rds @ Bathurst

ISA

Bob McCowan (2)
Auggies lose their semi final match against Toin Gakuen school. It was an absolute nail biter being 22-22 with 2 minutes into overtime. And just like that Toin Gakuen manage to get over the line to win the game 29-22. Thats Auggies Sanix dreams over.

Forwardpack101

Frank Row (1)
Some amendments from when I first posted these a while back:

Saturday May 4th:
Auggies v Japan tour
Gregs v Shore 3rds @ Northbridge
Kinross v TAS @ Orange
Oakhill v Shore @ North Sydney Oval
Pats v Trinity @ Strathfield
Pius v Cranbrook @ Oxford Falls
Stannies v Joeys 3rds @ Bathurst
Any predictions today?
I’ve got:

Auggies?
Hopefully Gregs can get the win over the Shore 3s. But I’m saying Shore by 7
Kinross V TAS I’m unsure of but for the strength of the ISA comp hopefully Kinross get over TAS in Orange. Kinross by 15
After Oakhill’s performance against Riverview I would like to say they will get it done over another GPS side but could be a challenge for them. Oakhill by 5
Pats V Trinity, the Black and green shield should be a good battle I would like to think Pats should out class them but their forwards going to have to work hard. Pats by 14
Not sure what Cranbrook are like this year but would think they will take the chocolates against Pius. Cranbrook by 20
Hopefully the Stannies boys can get a victory on the home turf against the boys from Hunters Hill. Stannies by 5

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
St Pats 38-14 Trinity

Trinity dominated possession and set pieces, but Conti and Woods ripped them to shreds in the backs.
HT was 31-0 then 2nd half Pats had a 2 players in the bin for bad ref calls and several dodgy offside penalties. Pats then brought on 5-6 2nds players the last 15mins

big turnaround from Pats loss a few weeks ago, but adding the 2 bulldogs players made a big change.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Any predictions today?
I’ve got:

Auggies?
Hopefully Gregs can get the win over the Shore 3s. But I’m saying Shore by 7
Kinross V TAS I’m unsure of but for the strength of the ISA comp hopefully Kinross get over TAS in Orange. Kinross by 15
After Oakhill’s performance against Riverview I would like to say they will get it done over another GPS side but could be a challenge for them. Oakhill by 5
Pats V Trinity, the Black and green shield should be a good battle I would like to think Pats should out class them but their forwards going to have to work hard. Pats by 14
Not sure what Cranbrook are like this year but would think they will take the chocolates against Pius. Cranbrook by 20
Hopefully the Stannies boys can get a victory on the home turf against the boys from Hunters Hill. Stannies by 5
Gregs 1sts got the win over Shore 3rds,

MundaysMen

Stan Wickham (3)
Oakhill 1st XV 17 - 40 Shore 1st XV
A unique spectacle for Schoolboy footy tonight as these two played under lights at North Sydney Oval.

Shore showed their muscle in the first 5 minutes through their cohesive and go-forward play. This led to two tries in the first 15 minutes giving them a 14-0 advantage. Similarly to the Riverview game Oakhill was able to bounce back quickly although down a man (yellow carded) with a try in the corner through some swift ball movement from the backs.

Although that was just about where the fun ended for Oakhill. The game grew into a good contest for all of 5 minutes before Shore started to flex their muscles, earning multiple penalties, surging them towards Oakhill’s line
Half time Shore 28-5 Oakhill.

From half time on the game never really grew into a contest with Oakhill losing at the breakdown, backed up by Shore’s fluent backline. Before you knew it the score was out to 40-10, with Oakhill scoring their final try as the full time bell went.

All in all a great night of Schoolboy footy (credit to the Shore boys with some really good chants), with Shore taking the choccies and maybe cementing themselves as the favourite for that GPS title. As for Oakhill, it’ll have to be back to the drawing board, who couldn’t execute in the wet.

MM OUT.