• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2024

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Oakhill 1st XV Team List vs Knox 1st XV - 3:15pm @ Oakhill
1. Marcus Odd
2. Luke Muriti
3. Julian Carruthers
4. Tom Alloggia
5. Will Casey
6. Luca Caruso
7. Ryan Scott
8. Sam Polley
9. Flynn Farrell
10. Luke Alderson
11. Cyrus Bloomfield
12. Joe Harvey
13. Mitch Holmes
14. Jack Taylor Hannify
15. Darcy Feltham

Team News:
- Sam Polley, Cyrus Bloomfield and Darcy Feltham return at 8, 11 and 15 respectively.
- The Rigurous Powerhouse Italian Stallion (Luca Caruso) keeps his spot at Flanker.
- Flynn Farrell returns to scrum half with Taite Howells starting in the 2's.
- Julian Carruthers returns from his shoulder injury at prop.
What's the word on Ezekiel Logo?

RahRahRugby

Peter Burge (5)
What's the word on Ezekiel Logo?
Zeke unfortunately sustained a knee injury in the game against Shore. Definitely wishing him a very speedy recovery as it looks like he will be out for the rest of the season, the 2nd season in succession he's endured a season-ending knee injury.

ISA

Stan Wickham (3)
If anyone is intrested in watching Auggies highlights they have created a youtube account posting they're highlights. Joe walsh really looked like he controlled that game against Cranbrook he is going to be a force to be reckoned with this season. Those boys in green and gold are going to be hard to stop. Auggies definitley seem to be increasing they social media appearance with their instagram account getting very active as well as their youtube. Augs have also asked all boys to be down at Rat park this weekend for they're 1st XV game against Waverley this weekend. I will also leave the link to Auggies youtube page down below.

moa999

Jimmy Flynn (14)
For the regulars, any tips about parking near Oakhill. Assume it will extra busy being Gala Day this weekend.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
If anyone is intrested in watching Auggies highlights they have created a youtube account posting they're highlights. Joe walsh really looked like he controlled that game against Cranbrook he is going to be a force to be reckoned with this season. Those boys in green and gold are going to be hard to stop. Auggies definitley seem to be increasing they social media appearance with their instagram account getting very active as well as their youtube. Augs have also asked all boys to be down at Rat park this weekend for they're 1st XV game against Waverley this weekend. I will also leave the link to Auggies youtube page down below.

ISA,

Had a look and yep looks very impressive.
I am guessing that you are an Auggies follower, if so, how do you think your teams will go this weekend v The Waves.

13as, 14as,15as, 16as 2nds and 1sts?

Waves man!

If anyone else wants to have a crack, please do so, keen to see what depth Auggies have.

ISA

Stan Wickham (3)
ISA,

Had a look and yep looks very impressive.
I am guessing that you are an Auggies follower, if so, how do you think your teams will go this weekend v The Waves.

13as, 14as,15as, 16as 2nds and 1sts?

Waves man!

If anyone else wants to have a crack, please do so, keen to see what depth Auggies have.
Well to be frank judging off of last years games its going to be a very interesting day. So lets get into it

13As Auggies vs Waverely 13As
I think this will be an intresting game. Waverley are known for having some size on them. The Auggies team are coached by brother Johnathan Harvey and Andy Harvey. They have been coaching the 13As for 3 years now and have had some impressive results. And with a strong squad. But im going to have to take Waverley by 14+

14As Auggies vs Waverley 14As

Looking back on last years result when these boys were in the 13s Waverley managed to dominate the Auggies side through their size. Auggies struggled with injury that game after all they're subs came off injured after being subbed on. Auggies had to call upon a boy from the age group above who was young for his year to play for them in the middle of the game! I have to take Waverley by 21+

15As Auggies vs Waverley 15As

This will be a very promising game with the starting team shaping up like:
1. Mannix Harridge
2. Hugo Mcmillan
3. Will Downie
4. Jesse Bray
5. Fraser Mcgowan
6. Liam Evans
7. Benji Kagho
8. Oliver Johnson - Captain
9. James Bousie
10. Wilson Ruthven
11. Alex Rumble
12. Angus Mcmillan
13. Sam Clarkemoar
14. Finn Daly
15. Will Tartonne
Little bit of insight from Sac15media. This game will be very promising with Waverley getting up over this squad last year. This team has had a few good wins in recent weeks and are shaping up to be a very good squad under the coaching of Director of Rugby at Auggies Geoff Webster.
Gen blue Fly half Wilson will control this game with his kicking and speed. The forwards are strong and powerful and will be able to push them over the line. Im taking Auggies by 14+

16As Auggies vs Waverley 16As
This game will be a cracker. Waverley are known to be a very good team in the 16s and have a very good squad. But going off of last years results as well as auggies team with Owen Bamford and Jack Kalms leading this squad I will be taking Auggies by 14+

2nds Auggies vs Waverley 2nds

Really dont know much about either of these teams could go either way for me.

1sts Auggies vs Waverley 1sts

Auggies have been immaculate so far this year after their Sanix performance. Waverley haven't shown the spark that they've had in recent years so far. I think Auggies backline will control the game with Tylan and Tamoko berryman as well as Joe walsh running the game and Beau alexander to top it all off. Im going Auggies by 25.

ISA out

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Well to be frank judging off of last years games its going to be a very interesting day. So lets get into it

I think this will be an intresting game. Waverley are known for having some size on them. The Auggies team are coached by brother Johnathan Harvey and Andy Harvey. They have been coaching the 13As for 3 years now and have had some impressive results. And with a strong squad. But im going to have to take Waverley by 14+

Looking back on last years result when these boys were in the 13s Waverley managed to dominate the Auggies side through their size. Auggies struggled with injury that game after all they're subs came off injured after being subbed on. Auggies had to call upon a boy from the age group above who was young for his year to play for them in the middle of the game! I have to take Waverley by 21+

1. Mannix Harridge
2. Hugo Mcmillan
3. Will Downie
4. Jesse Bray
5. Fraser Mcgowan
6. Liam Evans
7. Benji Kagho
9. James Bousie
10. Wilson Ruthven
11. Alex Rumble
12. Angus Mcmillan
13. Sam Clarkemoar
14. Finn Daly
15. Will Tartonne
Little bit of insight from Sac15media. This game will be very promising with Waverley getting up over this squad last year. This team has had a few good wins in recent weeks and are shaping up to be a very good squad under the coaching of Director of Rugby at Auggies Geoff Webster.
Gen blue Fly half Wilson will control this game with his kicking and speed. The forwards are strong and powerful and will be able to push them over the line. Im taking Auggies by 14+

This game will be a cracker. Waverley are known to be a very good team in the 16s and have a very good squad. But going off of last years results as well as auggies team with Owen Bamford and Jack Kalms leading this squad I will be taking Auggies by 14+

Auggies have been immaculate so far this year after their Sanix performance. Waverley haven't shown the spark that they've had in recent years so far. I think Auggies backline will control the game with Tylan and Tamoko berryman as well as Joe walsh running the game and Beau alexander to top it all off. Im going Auggies by 25.

ISA out
Thanks ISA, very interesting to see your overview on each age group.

Must admit I haven't seen the Waves younger age groups play this year but all teams from the 13s - 16s have had some large wins against all comers including Kings and Riverview, although View did just win the 15as. The results v Stannies were not a good sign for Stannies this year.
Whilst I read 1 ISA poster say it was a gut wrenching loss to Stannies in the 1sts, I think that was an over dramatization. An understrength Waves side always led by at least 10, and Stannies scored on the final play, but they never gave up.
So based on results this year, I will be surprised if these Waves age groups lose many games but then again Auggies are playing on home soil, and are always strong, so let's see.

What I am very happy to see is that the weather forecast is great. I can't stand the rain and the effect it has on rugby games.
So I assume we will see fast flowing games with good passing, handling, and lots of points.

As far as the 1sts are concerned I note that you predict that Auggies will win by 25. Very interesting, clearly you rate this side as extremely good, and so far, fair enough.
In relation to the Waves, we will see what the team looks like after Thursday training. The last 2 weeks the Waves have had it's 3 best forwards out due to minor injuries. I was informed by the 1sts coach last week that all 3 will be back for this game.
If so, it will make a difference.

The way the Waves treat a season is a slow build, barring injuries, and so far this year that is what has happened.
They usually field their strongest teams about now, 2 trial games before the CAS comp, prior to this many options are looked at.
Last year everyone thought the CAS would be fought out by Knox and Barker, but people didn't realize the way the Waves build.
Thus the final result, undefeated in the CAS.

Several of these forwards and backs are back this year, so time will tell.

Auggies should be confident, as you are +25, but my view is a step up by the Waves from now on, and as such, an "üpset"
Waves by 9.

I can't be there this sat, unfortunately, but look forward to reading your unhappy score updates throughout the game/s! :p

DaSchmooze

Bob Loudon (25)
Whilst I read 1 ISA poster say it was a gut wrenching loss to Stannies in the 1sts, I think that was an over dramatization. An understrength Waves side always led by at least 10, and Stannies scored on the final play, but they never gave up.

I think that was me pumping those tires up :)

We all want to see Stannies return to their preemince so we can all get back to our favourite ISA pastime of ragging on Stannies :)

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)

1. Mannix Harridge
2. Hugo Mcmillan
3. Will Downie
4. Jesse Bray
5. Fraser Mcgowan
6. Liam Evans
7. Benji Kagho
9. James Bousie
10. Wilson Ruthven
11. Alex Rumble
12. Angus Mcmillan
13. Sam Clarkemoar
14. Finn Daly
15. Will Tartonne

ISA out
ISA, DaS , Chopt, Scots4eee, 2DS, AND TEAM.

The Waves Team lists are out tonight, and we are at full strength in ALL teams and ALL age groups, so NO excuses!

Best of luck to all Auggies teams! ;)

Choptackle

Herbert Moran (7)
ISA, DaS , Chopt, Scots4eee, 2DS, AND TEAM.

The Waves Team lists are out tonight, and we are at full strength in ALL teams and ALL age groups, so NO excuses!

Best of luck to all Auggies teams! ;)
Mate you seem very confident coming up against arguably the best team in the state. I’m pretty sure Auggies won’t need an excuse.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
Mate you seem very confident coming up against arguably the best team in the state. I’m pretty sure Auggies won’t need an excuse.
Wow Chopt, you are quite serious, it's called inter school/association banter.

I am just having fun with some of your supporters who seem to get it!
It's schoolboy footy, the best footy there is, BUT IT'S NOT THE ASHES.

But while you are at it, what makes you able to say Auggies are arguably the best team in the state, 1 win against Joeys, who may/may not have been at full strength. What other credentials do you think make them arguably the best rugby union team in the state?

I have NO doubt that they are a great side, but for the sake of this discussion, enlighten us on your logic.

P.S. I am pretty sure I said the Waves also have no excuses, please re-read what I said.

RahRahRugby

Peter Burge (5)
I have NO doubt that they are a great side, but for the sake of this discussion, enlighten us on your logic.

P.S. I am pretty sure I said the Waves also have no excuses, please re-read what I said.
My logic behind all this tomfoolery - I prayed to the Footy Gods for an ISA clean sweep, so therefore Augustine's WILL win.

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
My logic behind all this tomfoolery - I prayed to the Footy Gods for an ISA clean sweep, so therefore Augustine's WILL win.
Yep get that, that does makes sense! Ha go Auggies! It is all tomfoolery but we all have our schools, otherwise if we all supported the same school it would be boring.

ISA

Stan Wickham (3)
Far too early in the season to be making bold statements about best in the state. Pride comes before a fall, Auggies looked very average in Japan
I dont know about average. They ranked highest out of any international team at the comp dont know what games u were watching. That backline controlled everyother team out of the park. But I will be adjusting my prediciton after seeing the 1sts team lists for both side. Im saying it will come down to the wire. Auggies by 5 in the last 10 mins

WLF3

Watty Friend (18)
I dont know about average. They ranked highest out of any international team at the comp dont know what games u were watching. That backline controlled everyother team out of the park. But I will be adjusting my prediciton after seeing the 1sts team lists for both side. Im saying it will come down to the wire. Auggies by 5 in the last 10 mins
ISA, Herc is not a Waves supporter, pretty sure from Barker, could be wrong.

Reactions: ISA

number8bro

Bob McCowan (2)
Any predictions for this round
Auggies v Waverley
Auggies have dominated every school they have been against, including some of the top GPS schools and strong CAS schools. Both teams are looking formidable this year but ill have to back the boys from Narrabeen. Auggies by 14+.

Gregs v Trinity
Not sure how Gregs are shaping up this year, alot of unexpected results from them, but I'll have to back the Greg's boys here based on Trinitys recent results against Pius, Oakhill, and Pats. Gregs by 3+

Kinross v Cranbrook
Same deal with Kinross, a lot of unexpected results, hard to get a good overview on them. But I think Cranbrook's forwards AND backs will overpower the boys from Orange. Brook by 5+.

Oakhill v Knox
Both teams looking strong this year, could go either way honestly, but I'll have to back the boys from Castle Hill as they have displayed a strong start through their recent trial games. Oakhill by 5+

Pats v Grammar
Both teams are looking pretty solid this year, but I will have to back the boys from Pats with their strong back line. But, if Pats go into the game with a bad mindset, Grammar does have a high chance of coming away with the win. Pats by 7+.

Pius v Aloys

Looking back on the past scores I'll have to back the boys from Chatswood. They have put on some amazing results in their trials from the likes of Cranbrook, Trinity, and Grammar. But if they underestimate Aloys, or go into the game expecting the win, Aloys will come back and bite them from behind. Pius by 10+

Stannies v Barker
Not much to say about this game, Barker are looking pretty solid this year. Both teams have a good strong forward pack, but Barker will out muscle Stannies in the backs and sweep away points with ease. Barker by 7+.