• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbydownsouth

Stan Wickham (3)
Stannies 1st XV defeated St Pats 1st XV in a very physical match (21-15 or there abouts)

21-13 confirmed.

Physical?? Close to the worst quality 1st xv game that could be played in the ISA this season. Credit to Stannies for been able to scrape together some decent play and capitalizing with penalty goals.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
How did Auggies 14As & 16As go against Kinros guessing they won but by how much ?

hbhrugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Who will take out the 14As and the 16As division of 2013 ISA ? That has to be either Stannies, St Gregs, Auggies or Oakhill.
How are St Gregs, Auggies and Oakhill travelling in these divisions ?

I'm not sure what your reasoning is for these "contenders" for the 14's. I know that 14s rugby isn't of the utmost importance, but St Past are the reigning premiers and beat Oakhill a potential contender by 30+ points. I have heard that the St Pats boys had a tight loss over the mountain today, getting the rough end of the stick on a few calls, but that's the way rugby goes. I think all Stannies teams will struggle when they have to come down to Sydney. I'd predict Oakhill and Augustine's to give them a tough a game. My prediction is a three way ie between Stannies, Pats and Augustines, each losing one game.

Honesly St Greg's to be u/14s contenders, they were in c grade last year. How on earth you could figure them ahead of st pats suggests... a lack of knowledge within the age group.

Loucentre

Allen Oxlade (6)
Debate about the 14's... A bit odd but good to know the competitive juices as running in the ISA.

Firstly, any word out of the Oakhill Greg's clash, will be a real Indicator of Greg's credentials this year.

Rotten day out at Bathurst, wet, windy and cold. Not a great deal to write about the 1sts. Both teams were bad, but the Stannies hooker managed to sink three penalty goals early which proved to be the difference, whereas St Pats missed penalties from in front. No real standouts, just poor execution from both teams in attack and some fairly average defense all round. St Pats won multiple tightheads, but that is the only positive out of a dismal performance.

Great to see Kinross and Augustine's fighting out a tough one. St Pats should expect a very tough game against Kinross in two weeks if they turn in a performance anywhere near that. The way both teams played might mean Pius may not be the only cellar dwellers. In reality St Pats are sitting last as Gregs and Pius have had the bye.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm not sure what your reasoning is for these "contenders" for the 14's. I know that 14s rugby isn't of the utmost importance, but St Past are the reigning premiers and beat Oakhill a potential contender by 30+ points. I have heard that the St Pats boys had a tight loss over the mountain today, getting the rough end of the stick on a few calls, but that's the way rugby goes. I think all Stannies teams will struggle when they have to come down to Sydney. I'd predict Oakhill and Augustine's to give them a tough a game. My prediction is a three way ie between Stannies, Pats and Augustines, each losing one game.

Honesly St Greg's to be u/14s contenders, they were in c grade last year. How on earth you could figure them ahead of st pats suggests. a lack of knowledge within the age group.
I am sure you misunderstand. Greg's were not put ahead of St Pats by me, I asked who you thought would be the leaders. Two days ago I read Stannies 16As & 14As will be challenged by St Pats. They are all formidable teams, but so are Riverview, Trinity, St Pats, Eddies, Kinros, Central West, Newington. Agreed Oakhill & Auggies will be top competition & Stannies are by no means perfect. I think Auggies is next, will you agree Stannies are very good if they beat Auggies as well ?

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Stannies play round 3 ISA supposedly on the 15 June, does anyone know who they play. Rugby Tears you said little johnny in 16As(previous post) wait & see Stannies 16As front row for the 15th June, I am told they are having the big lads play for them that day.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not trying to take anything from Oakhill, if St Greg's plays their best league players together with their union players they can be strong competition. Looks like its Oakhill & Auggies contesting the no.1 opens spot on the 15/6/13

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Given the level of interest shown in the State knock out ( Warratah Shield) by anyone besides ISA the ACT teams and a handful of sports high Schools and the lack of interest shown by the special associations those three groups could create their own comp and walk away from the Warratah shield as well

If NSW Rugby isn't interested why should anyone else be

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
dropping kids to school at 7 on a saturday morning an picking them up 12 hrs latter full of junk food from Bathurst or Goulburn horrible burgers and exhausted would be quicker and easier than drivin for three hours in Sydney's Saturday peak traffic where the other 4million people in Sydney are trying to get to shopping and netball

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
dropping kids to school at 7 on a saturday morning an picking them up 12 hrs latter full of junk food from Bathurst or Goulburn horrible burgers and exhausted would be quicker and easier than drivin for three hours in Sydney's Saturday peak traffic where the other 4million people in Sydney are trying to get to shopping and netball
I would go a step further .... since all the country schools have boarding, how about we offer ISA weekend boarding facilities where city kids can be dropped at their school on Friday afternoon and only picked up on Sunday afternoon after a whole weekend of rugby! :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Ummm - that would be they get to School on Friday Morning, and they return home after School on Monday evening. Parents across ISA would get their weekends back.

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
They could be put on a plane late Thursday playing Friday & Sunday & be home from NZ ready for school early Monday morning. Student air fares are cheaper. Matches filmed put on utube & viewed at parents leisure. They could do Fridays lessons on the plane.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
How did Auggies 14As & 16As go against Kinros guessing they won but by how much ?
The 16a match was interrupted for a significant amount of time (around 20-25 minutes) due to an injury to one of the Kinros lads. There was a significant gap in the scores in favour of St Augustines by 4-5 tries. The apparent 4 degrees C and rain interrupted the finishing of a few more tries. The match was already decided and there was no change to the score after the allotted finish time / delaying the start of the the 2nds by around 20mins and therefore !st XV may have been an indulgence that was not entirely necessary. I was impressed by the discipline displayed by the St Augustines players particularly in what became very difficult conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.