• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan Carter

Frank Row (1)
Stannies 16a's are going to be a tough tema to play this season already beating st Edmunds Canberra, riverview,kings,newington,st pats, trinity, Kinross and st pats this yr having an extremely big forward pack

Pedro

Sydney Middleton (9)
Stannies 16As smashed Central West representative team also, but Stannies had 2 big forwards & star half & inside center taken which disrupted the team flow, and they got smashed by Kings. Their forwards are not all big, but they are the right size. Open flankers need to be quick to change direction so not too tall & heavy, blind flankers need to be tall & strong but not too heavy for lineouts. Their big islander 110 kg might not even make it back into the As - he is not the biggest, he may be slightly off the pace of the team.

ISA FAN

Frank Row (1)
Oakhill hammered St Greg's 45 to 17. 24 to 7 at half time Oakhill way to structured for the Campbelltiwn boys

I think that Green, Kagiassis and Currie were all at CCC League. Looking at the sides selected in the paper none made that and all are in ISA Rep teams, with Currie an Aus Youth Olympic rep. Sounds like they are needed for Greg's!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm not sure what your reasoning is for these "contenders" for the 14's. I know that 14s rugby isn't of the utmost importance, but St Past are the reigning premiers and beat Oakhill a potential contender by 30+ points. I have heard that the St Pats boys had a tight loss over the mountain today, getting the rough end of the stick on a few calls, but that's the way rugby goes. I think all Stannies teams will struggle when they have to come down to Sydney. I'd predict Oakhill and Augustine's to give them a tough a game. My prediction is a three way ie between Stannies, Pats and Augustines, each losing one game.

Honesly St Greg's to be u/14s contenders, they were in c grade last year. How on earth you could figure them ahead of st pats suggests. a lack of knowledge within the age group.

Based on last year's 13As, Stannies would need to make a big improvement to be considered contenders. They lost heavily to Augustines in Bathurst last year (match refereed by a parent of one of the Stannies players) and Pats were undefeated premiers. Oakhill are surprisingly weak in this age group. Last season only 5 teams contested the 13As Oakhill, Stannies, Kinross, Augustines and Pats. Pius, Gregs and Andrews all contested B or C comps.

rugbydownsouth

Stan Wickham (3)
Based on last year's 13As, Stannies would need to make a big improvement to be considered contenders. They lost heavily to Augustines in Bathurst last year (match refereed by a parent of one of the Stannies players) and Pats were undefeated premiers. Oakhill are surprisingly weak in this age group. Last season only 5 teams contested the 13As Oakhill, Stannies, Kinross, Augustines and Pats. Pius, Gregs and Andrews all contested B or C comps.

In all my years as a St Pats parent and avid rugby supporter, I can confidently say with 8 trips over the mountains, I have never enjoyed one. I watched the 14a's match as they are one of St Pats more talented teams. Credit to Stannies for winning and that is what will be recorded in the ISA books. However, I think that it was close to impossible for St Pats to win this match given the standard of refereeing. From what I can gather from the program provided, the referee was a Father of one of the Stannies 14a's. St Pats could not get a break, the St Pats boys got frustrated and were marched for back chat on numerous occasions, which is unacceptable in any case. Really I can't wait to hear results of Stannies when they play in Sydney, likely to be a different story.

I have a great deal of respect for all referees, the game of rugby is impossible to be played without their time and dedication. The referee was obviously experienced, but in this case it was evident that personal interests persuaded the outcome of the match. In my opinion relatives if at all possible (which it was on Saturday given the number of refs around) should not referee the corresponding game. Unfortunately my poor experiences in Bathurst have arisen from the pure frustration I and many other supporters have experienced due to the refereeing. Student of the college should not be put in a position where they have to referee the lower grades of the same age group, which has occurred when a 16 As player reffed the 16 cs. It is a long way to go to lose, particularly when fairness is in question.

Quick question to the rugby supporters in and around these forums. Do you find it acceptable for yellow/red carded players to be cheered from the crowd by either the side. The beneficiary definetly should not cheer and I feel the receiving team shouldn't either but the roar the sent off players received from the Stannies students was in really poor taste in my opinion.

Further to the 1st XV match. Low quality rugby played by both teams, particularly St Pats who have a bit of potential. Unfortunately this spells the end for St Pats ISA hopes. I am definetly in favour of an expanded home and away draw, as a competitive team like St Pats is now playing for nothing better than 2nd.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
In all my years as a St Pats parent and avid rugby supporter, I can confidently say with 8 trips over the mountains, I have never enjoyed one. I watched the 14a's match as they are one of St Pats more talented teams. Credit to Stannies for winning and that is what will be recorded in the ISA books. However, I think that it was close to impossible for St Pats to win this match given the standard of refereeing. From what I can gather from the program provided, the referee was a Father of one of the Stannies 14a's. St Pats could not get a break, the St Pats boys got frustrated and were marched for back chat on numerous occasions, which is unacceptable in any case. Really I can't wait to hear results of Stannies when they play in Sydney, likely to be a different story.

I have a great deal of respect for all referees, the game of rugby is impossible to be played without their time and dedication. The referee was obviously experienced, but in this case it was evident that personal interests persuaded the outcome of the match. In my opinion relatives if at all possible (which it was on Saturday given the number of refs around) should not referee the corresponding game. Unfortunately my poor experiences in Bathurst have arisen from the pure frustration I and many other supporters have experienced due to the refereeing. Student of the college should not be put in a position where they have to referee the lower grades of the same age group, which has occurred when a 16 As player reffed the 16 cs. It is a long way to go to lose, particularly when fairness is in question.

Quick question to the rugby supporters in and around these forums. Do you find it acceptable for yellow/red carded players to be cheered from the crowd by either the side. The beneficiary definetly should not cheer and I feel the receiving team shouldn't either but the roar the sent off players received from the Stannies students was in really poor taste in my opinion.

Further to the 1st XV match. Low quality rugby played by both teams, particularly St Pats who have a bit of potential. Unfortunately this spells the end for St Pats ISA hopes. I am definetly in favour of an expanded home and away draw, as a competitive team like St Pats is now playing for nothing better than 2nd.
Sounds like the same guy who did the Augustines v Stannies 13As last year. He was so one sided that a Stannies Year 12 student who was running touch was so embarrassed he told the Augustine's parents that the ref's son was in the Stannies team.

Your comments echo many of those who have made the trek to Bathurst, particularly of parents and students refereering matches.

By contrast, I have never heard anything similar occurring at Orange.

rugbydownsouth

Stan Wickham (3)
Sounds like the same guy who did the Augustines v Stannies 13As last year. He was so one sided that a Stannies Year 12 student who was running touch was so embarrassed he told the Augustine's parents that the ref's son was in the Stannies team.

Your comments echo many of those who have made the trek to Bathurst, particularly of parents and students refereering matches.

By contrast, I have never heard anything similar occurring at Orange.

Couldn't agree more. A day at Kinross makes for a far more pleasurable experience.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone got the ISA I and ISA 2 listings or was training called off yesterday on account of the weather?

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ok Hugh, Ill start it off .
1Tukipilli
2 St Pats Hooker
6Walker
8Lough
9Taefotu
10Arnold
1 more Auggie outside back.
Info taken on an echoing mobile phone while driving so please feel free to add and amend at your leisure. Pretty sure the names I have listed are right

Starting Lineup

Stan Wickham (3)
IMO

Cook for Edwards
Agliozzo for Partridge
Hanigan for Melville

I feel that the backrows for each team have been justly selected and I feel there could be a few NSW players out of the 1s backrow. In terms of the 2nd row I fee that Hanigan is more dynamic and active around the park than Melville and faster in the lineouts. If these two front rows were to pack against each other I'd probably side with the 2nds front row, which may prove to be a concern. Edwards and Cook is a line ball each having their own unique skill sets, but Cooks throwing and attack I believe give him the edge. In terms of Agliozzo and Partridge you only needed to be at the St Pats Oakhill fixture to realize that this is a mistake. Nothing against Partridge but he doesn't have the size, strength or aggression that Agliozzo brings. Tukipilli will prove his worth in the big games. I also think that Byrne from Chev may get a look in at starting as loose head for the 2nds over Osborn. Unfortunately I don't think the reserve hooker will get much game time as he has two fantastic players ahead of him.

I am content with the selection of the backs. Taylor and Cochrane surely feature in the 1s backline but I don't know where. Arthur Currie at 12 will be fantastic to see and I am sensing higher honours for him. In the seconds, the 10 12 combination of the Sg Ball players Kagiassis and Markus will provide some excellent attacking enterprise I am sure.
Taylor on the wing with Cochrane. I know Taylor is playing in NZ on Sunday on the Right Wing with his Manly Holden Cup Team, has also been picked for NSW CIS League on the Wing, he played NSW 2 Last year also on the Wing, he is Strong and Incredibly Quick. Is James Parker in the mix ?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
lets see if this is closer to the side.

My ISA I

1) A Tukipilli (Augustines)
2) M Edwards (Pats)
3)A Massima (Gregs)
4) J Melville (Stannies)
5) J Anderson (Oakhill)
6) J Walker (Augustines)
7) B Freeman (Kinross)
8) J Lough (Augustnies)
9) J Taefotu (Augustines)
10) M Arnold (Augustines)
11) C Taylor (Augustines)
12) A Currie (Gregs)
13) J Ibbotson (Augustines)
14) H Cochrane (Augustines)
15) B Cotton (Oakhill)

That was remarkably close.You must have watched the trials very keenly!

BTW there appears to be a consensus that the selectors did a good job this year.
Is that right?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Taylor on the wing with Cochrane. I know Taylor is playing in NZ on Sunday on the Right Wing with his Manly Holden Cup Team, has also been picked for NSW CIS League on the Wing, he played NSW 2 Last year also on the Wing, he is Strong and Incredibly Quick. Is James Parker in the mix ?

That Taylor must be big and strong if he is playing Holden Cup for Manly.
Any idea what he weighs?

richie

Frank Row (1)

Is this the same Taylor that played for Auggies/ISA last year,as in my opinion he was incredibly one dimensional and was surprised that he even made it through to NSW 2's.
He got shown up a bit and was out of touch with union in those Nationals.
Big and fast does not necessarily translate to a good union boy.
Will be interesting to see if his union knowledge has improved.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
SL that was your second go at posting vindictive diatribe on the same subject. entirely not necessary to attack someone who had an opinion. Give it a rest
I didn't quote your rant as I didn't want to see it after it was removed again

Starting Lineup

Stan Wickham (3)
You seem to know a fair bit about him.
You wouldn't be a relation of some sort would you?
SL that was your second go at posting vindictive diatribe on the same subject. entirely not necessary to attack someone who had an opinion. Give it a rest
I didn't quote your rant as I didn't want to see it after it was removed again
Nothing wrong with having a OPINION as long as you have the Correct Facts. But there is No Need to Name Players with Negative Comments. I am sure a lot of players watch this Thread. Its Not Productive when we are trying to Support as many Boys making it through in ISA.

Status
Not open for further replies.