• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair Play

Frank Row (1)
I'm not saying it happened in every game, but it certainly happened.

My point being smaller schools playing As on As often results in a mismatch, but that if an A team playing a C team results in a similar mismatch, it's just as wrong and the system needs to be tweeked.

The GPS are experiencing the same issues - last week Grammar 14As beat Newington 14Cs 104-0. Blue Mountains 14As beat Augustines 14Cs 60-0 and then 5 of the team ran back on and played 15As. BMGS As were much bigger than Augustines Cs.

Point taken Quick Hands.

If you look at the Opens div1/div3 competition, yes - Oxley went through undefeated, but the other 2 div 3 schools - Scots Bathurst won 3 lost 4, and Blue Mountains Grammar won 2 lost 5, makes it a very tricky to find the right balance.

Maybe Oxley would've been competitive in a 2nd XV grade, but Scots and BMG only won 35% in the 3rd XV grade, suggesting the 2nd XV level would've been a bridge too far!

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
The thing that bothers me most about blowout scores,is that in most cases it points to a physical mismatch.
The mungo's have a mercy rule in the juniors,
Get 50 in front and the game ends.
As you say it's bad enough to be humbled by the scoreboard,being lined up to get smashed by bigger/better players shouldn't be part of the experience.

Junior AFL has the same mercy rule, once a team gets 10 goals, 60 points in front, they stop counting.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Point taken Quick Hands.

If you look at the Opens div1/div3 competition, yes - Oxley went through undefeated, but the other 2 div 3 schools - Scots Bathurst won 3 lost 4, and Blue Mountains Grammar won 2 lost 5, makes it a very tricky to find the right balance.

Maybe Oxley would've been competitive in a 2nd XV grade, but Scots and BMG only won 35% in the 3rd XV grade, suggesting the 2nd XV level would've been a bridge too far!
It's probably more in the age groups than in opens, where 3rd XVs can be reasonable because they're made up from 2 age groups. Quite often C teams are quite weak and small. Just something for the organisers to look at. Overall the concept is a winner.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
This Saturday ISA Div 2 Semi Finals:
Chev v St Andrews @ 3.30pm Kick off at Oakhill on the main field.

I'm assuming Redfield v CCGS will run concurrently on Field 2 at 3.30pm

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm not saying it happened in every game, but it certainly happened.

My point being smaller schools playing As on As often results in a mismatch, but that if an A team playing a C team results in a similar mismatch, it's just as wrong and the system needs to be tweeked.

....... Blue Mountains 14As beat Augustines 14Cs 60-0 and then 5 of the team ran back on and played 15As. BMGS As were much bigger than Augustines Cs.
Hey Quick Hands, I think this warrants a Stewards' Enquiry ! :) I just checked on a couple of school websites and figured Auggies 14Cs beat Oakhill 14Cs by 30 points, BMGS 14As beat Oakhill 14Cs by only 4 points. And Auggies 14Cs lost to BMGS 14As by 60 points ?? I agree with you BMGS has some very big kids in that age group but when they played our mob, it was a close contest. Maybe it was one of those things that happens in lower grades -- we always blame the bus trip :) I think we should gang up next year and teach these 'upstarts' a lesson, shall we ? :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any results from today's games at Oakhill.

I take it that Chev beat Andrews in the 1st XV. Is it Chev vs Redfields in the Grand Final?

Is there any Semis in ISA Div 3 or first past the post like Div 1?

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Any results from today's games at Oakhill.

I take it that Chev beat Andrews in the 1st XV. Is it Chev vs Redfields in the Grand Final?

Is there any Semis in ISA Div 3 or first past the post like Div 1?

So from what I know:
Chev 13's got belted by St Andrews in their Semi- Not sure who SACS play in their final

Redfield 14's played Redlands and went into extra time-Not sure the score in that game and not sure who the Grand Final is between

Chev 15's played a great game against SACS, winning 4 tries 2. Not sure of the exact scoreline. Chev will play CCGS, who beat Redfield IIRC, in The Grand Final next week.

Chev 16's belted CCGS by 60 and IIRC will play Redfield in the Under 16's Grand Final.

And the Chev First XV played St Andrews and won 41-12 and Redfield played CCGS, with Redfield winning 31-10, making it a Chev v Redfield Grand Final next week :)

And no, Div 3 are the same as Div 1 in regards to playing semis and finals. Oxley won Div 3 in the First XV

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Screen shot 2013-08-22 at 9.34.03 AM.png

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Thank you I appreciate it! It hasn't quite sunk in yet that tomorrow is it forever! But hopefully we can finish it with a win :) I'll be sure to let you know how it all went!

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
It feels good mate with a tinge of saddness/memories etc - but trust me (and others will attest here) club rugby is sooooo much mre fun where there is beer invovled ;)

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
It feels good mate with a tinge of saddness/memories etc - but trust me (and others will attest here) club rugby is sooooo much mre fun where there is beer invovled ;)
Haha. Give it your best and enjoy it with your mates afterwoods:) !

Status
Not open for further replies.