• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
It all depends on whether Auggies really turn up to play. Undoubtedly the best team in the ISA, however their results would suggest that they string together mixed performances. For example they put the cleaners through Oakhill who will come runners up, but they just get up on Kinross in Orange, in a less convincing manner than Oakhill did last weekend. Add to this a disappointing performance against Pius, where they let in a few tries.

I along with just about all ISA followers will back Auggies, but you never know what can happen, particularly with St Augustine's. Considering it will be the year 12's last game and the fact they lost St Greg's in the last round last year will provide Auggies with a great deal of motivation. To be fair St Pats are very inconsistent as well. It seems when they play bad they win and when they play well they lose.

Auggies by 20
I am hearing that Auggies will be at full strength as they weren't against Kinross and Pius but were against Oakhill and their Backline will be hard to beat. Saying that I hope its not all Auggies way, but I think Auggies will win Strongly in the 40s.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
rare for me but
"if you cant say something nice don't say anything"
38-12 Six tries to two St Pats within reach at half time I think became distracted by things not football in the 2nd half. Possibly testing their work in the gym more than their work at skills training

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
St Pats humiliated in 16as 1st 2nd and 3rd XV
they will continue to be untill the coaches teach them to play rugby

I am glad today's game was Video Taped. It was Disgusting Behaviour from the Pats' Boys. They couldn't beat Auggies with Skill, so had to revert to Violence and Thuggery. This did not just happen in the 1sts but In most of the games today as most had to be cut short because it was getting out of hand. The Referee could not handle what was happening. There were some Pats Boys who were the Instigators and they continued to stay on the field instead of the Ref and Coach pulling them off. St Pats have a very good Team, there is so much talent across the field, big strong boys, but they need to be coached to play footy, under the right coach this team will be dominate and a very strong football side. Today's encounter however left me feeling sick. I wanted to watch a good game of footy.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
after being followed 50m the refs whistle wasn't stopping the fists as well as the St Augs full backs face at what point do you wait for the justice crew to turn up and when can you defend yourself

Prop Boy

Frank Row (1)
Two weeks ago the first grade game between St Pats and St Pius was marred by fighting.
Can you name the common denominator???

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Not long after the first fight a ridiculous incident occurred where a St Augustines player slapped a St Pats player across the back of the head well and truly off the ball, in retaliation to the strong and aggressive defense of the St Pats player, playing an enforcer role. Following this a TJ report was made and the offending player was very lucky not to have been yellow carded if not worse. I think you will find that the St Augustine's player was in the wrong here Wood Rat, pretty clear to anyone present.

He did slap the pats player on the back of the head well and truly off the ball.because the pats player had first tried to take him out with a shoulder long after he had passed the ball, and then continued with a push and a shove.
Strong and aggressive defence is when you tackle the ball carrier hard.When you hit the player long after he has long passed the ball, it's cowardly and a cheap shot.
Had the pats player actually been able to effect a tackle on this kid when he actually had the ball, once or twice.The score would have been much closer.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
OK Guys no more talk about the fights or the ref.

Any posts that refer to anything but the rugby will be deleted this weekend so please do not waste your time.

hbhrugby

Stan Wickham (3)
^^ Edited.
I've read that St Pat's were humiliated in the 1sts. Please. St Augustine's are a great team, lets not forget that they put 60 odd on Oakhill and within their opens squad boast 17 ISA players, whether or not they are considered to be deserved is another matter. The St Pat's backline were up against it from the get go and that's where Augustine's capitalised, scoring all 6 of their tries. In all honesty this is what most people would have suspected.

If you consider that humiliating, what do you have to say about the St Augustine's forward pack. I know Tukipili and Cook weren't playing and that will be your excuse, but every team, including St Pats have injuries. If there were no injuries St Pats would have a vastly different and better backline, not that any of you would care about that. From what I can understand, there were at least 5 ISA players in the forward pack as well as an u16 NSW Schoolboy. On paper you'd back Auggies. How wrong could you be. St Pat's won 7 tighthead scrums. Yes correct and if you have an all representative front row I'd hope you'd at least be able to win your own scrums. Pj Agliozzo, Matt Edwards, Tim Skinner and Matt Taylor have been part of St Pat's rolling 4 man front row, who throughout the year have set the platform as the best front row in the ISA hands down. What they did to the Auggies scrum was humiliating. The St Pat's forwards really took the game to Auggies and I feel probably outplayed them up front, but the speed of Auggies backrow balanced St Pat's physicality. All this nonsense about teaching St Pat's how to play etc etc, well the Auggies forwards could have learnt a lesson today in passion, technique and tightplay. Really both packs ought to be commended, as far as I saw, aside from one St Pat's player, the forwards didn't play an integral role in the scuffles, which is a commendation to both packs because in my opinion, the most intruiging rugby element of the game was the battle of the packs.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Results of Div 2, specifically Chev v Redfield game?

Chev 17 def Redfield 12. Chev up 7 5 at half time. Chev scored two late tries to win the game.

Semi Finals Next Week @ Oakhill:

Chev (1) vs. St Andrews (4)

Redfield (2) vs. Central Coast Grammar (3)

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Two weeks ago the first grade game between St Pats and St Pius was marred by fighting.
Can you name the common denominator???
cool a word game for Saturday night
According to Loucentre
Cliff Richards Support (not the bible)
The Angels
and the thing peter Pan lost in Wendy's room

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
On the rugby front, I understand that Augustine's won both 13As and 14As - both games played in good spirit. I understand not one foul play penalty in the 14s (not sure about 13s as my mate watched 14s).

I'm genuinely surprised by what happened in some of the other games - particularly the extent to which it happened.

stannies_bathurst

Frank Row (1)
Long time reader first time poster, in response to all this talk.

I played all my schoolboy rugby with Stannies and moved to Sydney to go to uni and now play grade for 2blues. At Rat Park today, I was delighted to see the two teams run on, I hadn't seen an ISA game in a few years although I have heard about the rise of St Augustine's. The game itself in my opinion was great, minus the scuffles. Some really good hits, a bit of banter, hard running, dominant scrums and a fast backline. St Augustine's undoubtedly the better team, but St Pats weren't too bad particularly in the forwards.

Edited

Week in week out since the conception of the ISA, St Pat's have fielded competitive and tough teams in all ISA sports. They along with Pius, Oakhill and Stannies created such a competition that the likes of St Augustine's and St Greg's envied. Whenever you play at Breen Oval, the supporter's are loud and proud like a good school should. They are silent for a goal kick, they applaud opposition triumphs and if someone applauds in jest the misfortune of the opposition, swift consequences would be in place. In every afternoon tea with St Pat's kids are kicked out if they are stupid or eat before the other team arrives. St Pat's are the lifeblood of the ISA.

I had to make contact with a friend of mine in order to comment honestly on this topic. It is true today that at afternoon tea, the St Augustine's Headmaster thanked St Pat's for their assistance into the ISA and how their 10 years of rugby started with St Pat's. stokes your comment regarding the privilege of playing St Augustine's is laughable. It shows the disregard you have for the efforts of founding ISA schools in accommodating your rugby program. It goes without saying the inclusion of St Augustine's has drastically improved the standard of competition in the ISA. But to suggest that St Pat's don't deserve to play St Augustine's is an outrage and disrespect of the highest degree. Rugbydownsouth said it perfectly, if Auggies are too superior to St Pat's, then they are too superior for any school in the ISA. Good luck to Auggies if they were ever to change associations, because the reality is there would be next to no interest, despite the talent they could bring. St Pat's along with the other member schools were willing to break tradition and allow Auggies admittance, and it certainly hasn't all been rainbows and sunshine coming forth in the Auggies rugby program.

Edited

There are few boys from each team who should be commended, who at the end of the tried to ensure that respects were paid appropriately. Only a few players from the 30 on the field can ruin it for everyone.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
stannies_bathurst

Well said, but I'd point out that just as St Pat's rugby shouldn't be judged on what happened yesterday neither should it be assumed that all Augustine's supporters go along with the nonsense that some have posted. You rightly point out that Pat's are full ISA members and Augustine's are associates - so I think that it's quite obvious to any who think about it clearly which school is being given a privilege. I note also that the Augustine's Headmaster seems to have said the same. I think some people on both sides need to calm down and think about things more clearly.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Repeat - not more discussing the fighting or the dealing with it - or quoting others on it - in this rugby forum - there are other forums where you can try it.

Thank you.

PS - I don't care if you're right.

Johnny Wonka

Frank Row (1)
Great game for Pats 15As. They were the better side despite being significantly smaller across the field. Deserve to be outright premiers instead of joint with Augustines

Status
Not open for further replies.