• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegoldblue

Stan Wickham (3)
Good game down at Oxford falls yesterday with kinross vs pius. With a couple of pius players injured or suspended the younger, less experienced players put in a good effort to go into the break 12-10 down. The second half started fast paced and the Kinross back line were deadly, pius letting in a few early tries as some of inexperience was shown. Both teams scored late tries to leave the end score 36-17. A decent effort for pius, who seem to be slowly improving and showing some fight. I'm excited to see how they face up for next year.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Easy turbo ;) you blink and you reach my age (which isn't really that old :D )

Did you guys have a win yesterday?

Haha well by realising how quickly 6 years in high school has gone, I would believe that! :p

Yeah we won 24-5 against All Saints. Personally I was hoping for a bigger win but Saints had players with broken legs, broken ankles and a broken collarbone. I think 5 ambo's turned up to Chev across the day, all for All Saints players. So it wasn't quite the day any of us wanted really. A lot of stop start play which the combination of injuries and a ref who loved the sound of his own whistle I think. But we got the points which is all that mattered and we have Redfield next week to determine who we play in the Semis and who gets minor premiers (assuming Redfield beat Redlands this week).

rugbydownsouth

Stan Wickham (3)
Perhaps not in 1sts, but depending on results in various age groups in Oakhill v Stannies, there could be a few games that decide competitions.

Does anyone know the result of the Stannies Oakhill 14a's match?? If Oakhill St Pats will be playing for equal first. I also think the 15a's maybe looking for a top 2 finish.

thejuggler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Haha well by realising how quickly 6 years in high school has gone, I would believe that! :p

Yeah we won 24-5 against All Saints. Personally I was hoping for a bigger win but Saints had players with broken legs, broken ankles and a broken collarbone. I think 5 ambo's turned up to Chev across the day, all for All Saints players. So it wasn't quite the day any of us wanted really. A lot of stop start play which the combination of injuries and a ref who loved the sound of his own whistle I think. But we got the points which is all that mattered and we have Redfield next week to determine who we play in the Semis and who gets minor premiers (assuming Redfield beat Redlands this week).

Hey Tom, i particularly liked how every Chev boy walked over to broken leg boy from All Saints to shake his hand at the end of the game. I've been watching CAS matches for the past 10 years and can almost guarantee this would never have happened in a comp where teams rarely (if ever clap each other off). Made me proud to be an Old Boy. BTW, my pix are up in the usual place.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)

Wasn't David Fairhall ref'ing wasn't it? lol (he is/was a teacher there still ?) He used to ref the games and because he was a teacher there I think he didnt want to be seen as bias'd so used to go the other way to the extreme ... he used to love the sound of his own whistle hehe.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Wasn't David Fairhall ref'ing wasn't it? lol (he is/was a teacher there still ?) He used to ref the games and because he was a teacher there I think he didnt want to be seen as bias'd so used to go the other way to the extreme . he used to love the sound of his own whistle hehe.

No no haha Dave is our backs coach and my PE teacher (he is still here) :) haha nah this guy is the head of the Illawarra rugby refs apparently. I didn't like his reffing style but each to their own.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Hey Tom, i particularly liked how every Chev boy walked over to broken leg boy from All Saints to shake his hand at the end of the game. I've been watching CAS matches for the past 10 years and can almost guarantee this would never have happened in a comp where teams rarely (if ever clap each other off). Made me proud to be an Old Boy. BTW, my pix are up in the usual place.

Thanks haha our coach thought it would be a good idea so credit goes to him. Just checked the photos yesterday. You take some awesome photos. It will be shame when I finish up with Chev and I don't get to see anymore photos. You should come to our Semi's and hopefully Grand Final at Oakhill on the 3rd and 10th of August!? All Chev team except for the 14's will be there too so you will have a full day!

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Wasn't David Fairhall ref'ing wasn't it? lol (he is/was a teacher there still ?) He used to ref the games and because he was a teacher there I think he didnt want to be seen as bias'd so used to go the other way to the extreme . he used to love the sound of his own whistle hehe.

I'll be sure to interrogate him about that at some point in time :p

thejuggler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thanks haha our coach thought it would be a good idea so credit goes to him. Just checked the photos yesterday. You take some awesome photos. It will be shame when I finish up with Chev and I don't get to see anymore photos. You should come to our Semi's and hopefully Grand Final at Oakhill on the 3rd and 10th of August!? All Chev team except for the 14's will be there too so you will have a full day!

I'll be there, Tom. No worries. but those dates can't be right, can they? 3rd of august already gone.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
No no haha Dave is our backs coach and my PE teacher (he is still here) :) haha nah this guy is the head of the Illawarra rugby refs apparently. I didn't like his reffing style but each to their own.

Ah I had him as my PE teacher as well whenI was there. wow he must be old and crusty now.

This is a serious question - Im interested to see how Dave F is coaching now compared to when we were playing as the game has developed big time since then - (he used to help out with the backs from time to time when Geddes had us but he was before Geddes started coaching in 1993 I think it was, Fairhall had the 1992 1st XV . )

Good coach he was - pitty about his reffing ;)

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Ah I had him as my PE teacher as well whenI was there. wow he must be old and crusty now.

This is a serious question - Im interested to see how Dave F is coaching now compared to when we were playing as the game has developed big time since then - (he used to help out with the backs from time to time when Geddes had us but he was before Geddes started coaching in 1993 I think it was, Fairhall had the 1992 1st XV . )

Good coach he was - pitty about his reffing ;)

Well we have some stock standard drills we go through every practise but we are mostly focusing on set moves and support haha we just run our plays usually and not much else. The rest of our training goes back to our head coach. I would assume the 'stock standard' backs drills would have been used back in the day as well like simple passing drills and whatever. hahaha well I have never seen him ref before so maybe someone said something to him :p

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
ISA DIV 2- Round 10 (final round) 10th Aug

All Saints v Central Coast

Redfield v Chev (Minor premiership game)

Redlands v St Andrews

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
would love to see the Redfield game - Chev and Reddie look like they are the two form teams.

Ye im not really talking stock standard back moves, im talking mores structural things - but I suppose thats not his job as backs coach- thats the head coaches role. Now that I am coaching I definitely see the game differently to when I played it - oh how I wish I knew what I know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.