• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Wasn't there, but my mail was that it appeared that Schools sent reduced numbers this year.
Only needed 2 trials then poss v prob, and all over by lunch.
A few highly rated players not in attendance, so interesting to see if they are given the magic run through.
Think they name the squads this week sometime.
They announce the team tomorrow apparently.

rugbydownsouth

Stan Wickham (3)
I eventually made it out Oxford Falls this morning, hoping the traffic on the way home would be half as bad. The opens trials seemed to have much smaller numbers than previous years as already mentioned. There was very small representations from the div 2 and div 3 schools, complemented by reduced nominees by the div 1 schools, notably Oakhill who had a crowd of 5 or 6. Typical to these type of trials play was unstructured and there was a lot of individual rugby been played. After the initial two trials which played all 60 participants, the selectors had a very long "15 minutes" to discuss where to next. Eventually they appeared and named teams for the final contest of the game. From past experiences there is usually one more match before the proposed "probables v possibles" occurs. This maybe the case as a result of the reduced numbers and definitive selection in the meeting.

Anyhow, the "probables v possibles" match took place. There were evidently stronger players on at this stage and there was a greater focus on potential combinations. However the "probables v possibles" occurred without the participation of such talents as Johnnie Walker, Ben Cotton and Josh Anderson, who would definetly be potential ISA players for 2013, putting it very plainly.

In essence you can make what you want of the occurrences and play today, but a night of speculation will be ended when the squad is released to the schools and hopefully published in a newspaper.

coach carter

Frank Row (1)
Today was a very successful trial day I agree on the low attendance compared to previous years, some high quality rugby played, which brightens the hopes of isa rugby this year. Although i was very surprised to see that the likes of Albert Jenson and Joshua Nohra, from St patricks, Johnnie Walker from St Augustines along with Josh Anderson of Oakhill were not at trials today.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
From what has been said in the previous threads, does ISA have a smaller pool to choose from and will not perform as well as 2012?

sargeant fanny

Frank Row (1)
Good to see a couple Pius boys at ISA trials today, standout for me is the big back rower, Jake Tysoe, Pius captain. strong ball runner and strong in defense, deserves an ISA spot in my eyes. Unlucky not to see that no.12 form SPC 2nds though. All round a very good day ISA 1sts will be a strong team this year, big contenders for that schoolboy championships.

rugbydownsouth

Stan Wickham (3)
Today was a very successful trial day I agree on the low attendance compared to previous years, some high quality rugby played, which brightens the hopes of isa rugby this year. Although i was very surprised to see that the likes of Albert Jenson and Joshua Nohra, from St patricks, Johnnie Walker from St Augustines along with Josh Anderson of Oakhill were not at trials today.

Seems to be a misinterpretation here, as Walker, Anderson and Cotton were not playing in the final match, not they weren't trialling at all.

Coach carter it seems as thoug you had quite an 'interesting' day at Oxford Falls.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Quite a few of the front line boys were not playing in the final game. Maybe with the smaller numbers the selectors were giving all the participants every chance to make the teams.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Where is the Strathfield - Homebush game to be played? - There is little love lost between these two schools, although they compete against each other very rarely in any sports...

It seems to be Public Vs. Private local-Rivalry-Thing...

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
Div 2 Round 3 Fixtures: Saturday 18th of May

All Saints v St Andrews

Chevalier v Redlands

Redfield v Central Coast

ISA Table so far...
Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 7.20.47 PM.png

hbhrugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Where is the Strathfield - Homebush game to be played? - There is little love lost, between these two schools, although they compete against each other very rarely in any sports.

It seems to be Public Vs. Private local-Rivalry-Thing.

Breen Oval. Should be a great spectacle for round 1 of Waratah Shield.

slay2play

Frank Row (1)
Hey does anyone know the ISA trial teams yet, heard teams were meant to be coming out today.
Heard chances are it's going to be a highly Augustines dominated side with the usual bias selectors, instead of real
underdog talents getting a chance to be noticed

Also was at oxford falls on the weekend watching some pius/pats fixtures
Too my surprise St Pats 4th Xv beat the Pius 3rd team , this was as SPC had an outstanding new player
He was about 6ft 5in , extremely fast , and could handle the ball extremely well. He only took one quick and it was terrible
Heard it was his 1st game of rugby ever from many parents saying he was playing for fun after a lengthy basketball career at the school
I look forward to seeing more from this rare talent who could easily dominate 1st XV level if he developed rugby knowledge

I must say Jake Tysoe , Captain for PIUS 1st XV was unformiddable

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Hey does anyone know the ISA trial teams yet, heard teams were meant to be coming out today.
Heard chances are it's going to be a highly Augustines dominated side with the usual bias selectors, instead of real

Too my surprise St Pats 4th Xv beat the Pius 3rd team , this was as SPC had an outstanding new player
He was about 6ft 5in , extremely fast , and could handle the ball extremely well. He only took one quick and it was terrible
Heard it was his 1st game of rugby ever from many parents saying he was playing for fun after a lengthy basketball career at the school
I look forward to seeing more from this rare talent who could easily dominate 1st XV level if he developed rugby knowledge

?

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)

St Augs got a couple of their young forwards into the 1s and a few of their backs. Isa 2s got most of them. Should be a good team. Sorry ,don't know any of the names

Status
Not open for further replies.