• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

James Horwill cited for stamping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It is clear that our Captain did an act that we do not condone.

Our Captain has then gone to judiciary and used bulldust weasel words to avoid being accountable for his actions. He has escaped punishment for his actions on the basis of weasel words.

Hoorah --- he got off. He has done an underarm bowl. It does not make what he did right even if some lawyer thinks it is right.

Our Captain should be above this sort of thuggery.

I don't care if it costs us the second test, but Horwill should be penalised for his thuggery by the ARU if the judiciary are not prepared to act. Failure to do so makes us no better than the Darkness or the Saffers.

We (the Wallabies) are no better nor worse than the Darkness or the Saffas. Individual acts such as Richard Loe, Backies Botha etc or James Horwill (if you take the view it was deliberate) imo cannot or should not be magnified to embrace the behaviour of the team as a whole. The vast majority of players from all national teams do not engage in these types of behaviour on field.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
This is the 3rd guy he's stomped on this year, the 2nd time to the head, with pretty much zero consequence. I hope the Wallabies get a game against a team like Tonga soon and Horwill tries his brand of being 'hard' against them.

Might be a couple of Lions who look to deliver some justice over the next couple of games.....

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The incident looked ugly and I wouldn't have been surprised if he was suspended. In saying that though, neither am I surprised that he wasn't. This says more about the process than the incident.

If AWJ was facing the other way for arguments sake and that was his calf that Horwill made contact with, no one would have noticed, it wouldn't have been cited, no harm; no foul. The law makes no mention of the point of contact of a stamp or trample. The fact that AWJ's face got hit is where all of the emotional responses are coming from.

At the game, the interactions between fans of both sides was the most positive I have ever experienced. Laughing and joking all through the game. When we missed that last kick, the Welsh guy beside me put his arm around me and told me to keep my chin up. Such a good vibe. I get on here and the mood is fucking terrible! Get out from behind your keyboards and get behind this Tour for what it is. An amazing celebration of Rugby and so far it has produced one of the best Tests I have ever seen.

This incident has been put to bed and there's no bloody conspiracy or fix. Disengage your hearts, engage your brains and you'll see that. This goes to people supporting Horwill just as much as it does to those condemning.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
We (the Wallabies) are no better nor worse than the Darkness or the Saffas. Individual acts such as Richard Loe, Backies Botha etc or James Horwill (if you take the view it was deliberate) imo cannot or should not be magnified to embrace the behaviour of the team as a whole. The vast majority of players from all national teams do not engage in these types of behaviour on field.
Can't possibly include Horwill in the same class of thug as Loe and Botha

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
At the game, the interactions between fans of both sides was the most positive I have ever experienced. Laughing and joking all through the game. When we missed that last kick, the Welsh guy beside me put his arm around me and told me to keep my chin up. Such a good vibe. I get on here and the mood is fucking terrible! Get out from behind your keyboards and get behind this Tour for what it is. An amazing celebration of Rugby and so far it has produced one of the best Tests I have ever seen.

The attitude of rugby players and fans is something that makes me love it even more. The players belt the crap out of each other on the field for 80 minutes while we fans rib the shit out of each other at the same time. But once the final whistle goes it's handshakes all round and let's all go get pissed in the same pub. Very few major team sports have fans like this.

Unfortunately there are more and more soccer style fans who can't tell the difference between a little ribbing and outright hostility. Hopefully the majority of decent rugby fans will continue to tell those types to pull their head in.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
Interestly enough over on the predominantly European oriented 'therugbyforum', the posters seem to think there was nothing in the Horwill stomping incident, whereas here it is an entirely different story. Make of that what you will.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The attitude of rugby players and fans is something that makes me love it even more. The players belt the crap out of each other on the field for 80 minutes while we fans rib the shit out of each other at the same time. But once the final whistle goes it's handshakes all round and let's all go get pissed in the same pub. Very few major team sports have fans like this.

Unfortunately there are more and more soccer style fans who can't tell the difference between a little ribbing and outright hostility. Hopefully the majority of decent rugby fans will continue to tell those types to pull their head in.

Yep, it's the greatest thing about the culture around rugby and one of the reasons I love the game so much.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I thought it was unintentional, not deliberate, and while it may have been found reckless that was arguable the way play unfolded.

Certainly has been fun listening to the vehemence from the soap boxes, though.

Gatland is lobbing grenades. Pressure is on (Deans). Stampgate, the call for QC (Quade Cooper), Beales shoes and Robbie's inability to dress his players for the nasty Brisbane winter weather, what's next?

young gun

Fred Wood (13)

This is my 3rd Lions campaign as a Wallabies supporter. I was there we won the 84 grand slam. I was there when we won the Bled 3 - 0 (plus many many others). I was there when Campese threw his pass. I was there when Harrison made his steal. I was there when England won the RWC and I'll be there when we win the third to go 2 up!

What I can say, without the slightest hesitation, that the absolute best of all these experiences have been the RWC and Lions series due mostly to the fantastic atmosphere and sense of camrarderie generated by the UK, and Irish, supporters. Win lose or draw its always been great fun and our visitors have been wonderful company - sure there are idiots, but not many. This is what defines our love of the game - that sense of global family. No other sport has it as far as I've seen

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
This is my 3rd Lions campaign as a Wallabies supporter. I was there we won the 84 grand slam. I was there when we won the Bled 3 - 0 (plus many many others). I was there when Campese threw his pass. I was there when Harrison made his steal. I was there when England won the RWC and I'll be there when we win the third to go 2 up!

What I can say, without the slightest hesitation, that the absolute best of all these experiences have been the RWC and Lions series due mostly to the fantastic atmosphere and sense of camrarderie generated by the UK, and Irish, supporters. Win lose or draw its always been great fun and our visitors have been wonderful company - sure there are idiots, but not many. This is what defines our love of the game - that sense of global family. No other sport has it as far as I've seen
Good stuff.
Re-post it on the BIL positivity thread.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Now that the judiciary had made its decision any crap thrown Horwills way will be regarded as 'playing the man, not the ball' and treated accordingly.

As will any cracks at my poor choice of words. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, I think it time to put it to bed, I have had a couple of digs,but truth be known I really thought he was just a touch reckless,(believe he was probably just trying to touch up the body of AWJ ) and yes I believe he should of got a couple of weeks, but thats the way it goes. If he was a Kiwi I think we may get 20 pages or outrage, but I think we can be a bit more sensible now and say let's turn the page and look forward to next test.
And let's hope it is good as the first!!

Status
Not open for further replies.