• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jim Williams BONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
According to that gospel of rugby truths, Danny Weidler

WILLIAMS AXED BY ARU
THE Wallabies’ failed World Cup campaign is becoming a distant memory – and behind the scenes the ARU has started the blame game. Instead of a big scalp such as Robbie Deans or John O’Neill, the axe has fallen on one of Deans’s assistants, Jim Williams. He was told during the week his deal would not be renewed.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/renis-hard-sell-bring-back-mason-20111217-1p06h.html#ixzz1gyEaO8cz

D

daz

I don't have any first hand knowledge of what Jimbo contributed, really, but I am moved to ask in a non-sarcastic way: Is that the sum total of the regime change after the last 4 years? Jim Williams?

K

Keithy

Did Robbie drive the bus while Nucifora and Noriega pushed Jimbo under it?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I don't have any first hand knowledge of what Jimbo contributed, really, but I am moved to ask in a non-sarcastic way: Is that the sum total of the regime change after the last 4 years? Jim Williams?

It's not it. David Nuci is also gone, but not due to the report. He stood down from the coaching staff so he could conduct the report without bias (not kidding)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
There are whispers that Pato will go as well

We can start the whispers that Nuci will reappoint himself then.

I honestly think there going to try to get Ewen in there. In some sort of politicked backstabbed role so when the time comes they can write him off.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I hate when it is classed as being "fired" or "boned" when it is not renewing a contract, he was a contract worker and it should not come as a suprise. If it was a break of a contract then it is news and important.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So Williams must have been behind the tactic of kicking all possession away...aimlessly

Maybe not the kicking, but our forwards have been average throughout his tenure. We used to have smart lineout options. We could work out and put pressure on their ball.

Now we stand back and pull down the catcher to stop a maul

D

daz

It occurs to me that Deans had no say in having Jimbo as an assistant when he first came on board. With Deans having signed a new contract, could it be that he has a clause that allows him to pick his own coaching staff for the next contract term?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Maybe not the kicking, but our forwards have been average throughout his tenure. We used to have smart lineout options. We could work out and put pressure on their ball.

Now we stand back and pull down the catcher to stop a maul
but if this were merit based then the head boy would be swimming home

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
It occurs to me that Deans had no say in having Jimbo as an assistant when he first came on board. With Deans having signed a new contract, could it be that he has a clause that allows him to pick his own coaching staff for the next contract term?

I may not have the best recollection of this, but didn't Deans have Foley when he started. Foley quit and Jim was brought in? If that is correct then he did have a say. if not, as you were.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Deans did have a say. He brought him over there from Munster - where he'd just coached one of the snarliest and most ruggedly effective packs ever to stalk the NH.

Daddy Seamus is being made the scapegoat for Dingo. And it stinks.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Deans did have a say. He brought him over there from Munster - where he'd just coached one of the snarliest and most ruggedly effective packs ever to stalk the NH.

Daddy Seamus is being made the scapegoat for Dingo. And it stinks.

Really?? Jim's had about 3 years with these forwards and I'd say they're still the weak spot most of the top teams look to exploit eg Samoa, Ireland.....

While Dingo may have got off lightly, Jim didn't exactly cover himself in glory........

Status
Not open for further replies.