• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Somebody really needs to tell him to stop posing for those photos. Save that shit for eharmony. Nobody is going to believe he's finally gotten over himself with photos like that. At least photoshop in a big hungry jack's sign behind him or something.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
jocwig1_zps73c4f439.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nice one(s) @Dismal.

Buried somewhere, I think on the Wallaby Watch thread, is a link to an SMH article in which Pulver states JOC (James O'Connor) needn't be playing Super Rugby in order to be considered for wobbly selection, just playing in Australia e.g. NRC - question being of course would The Brand stoop to that level?

Saw JOC (James O'Connor) on Maori TV's sports show Code in April last year & thought "this guys not the douche everyone says he is" talk about being wrong.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so the JOC (James O'Connor) plan is, play 1/2 season for Toulon, come back to Oz and help out the Reds, automatically get selected for Wobs in RWC and win; go into 7's program, play for Thunderbolts and win Olympic Gold and then fuck off back to Toulon for a few more seasons and plenty of Euro. Good plan. i am certain everyone can get on board with that team building exercise

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Gooooooone and maybe back - If so then Reds should buy a short leash - reckon the players may chip in and buy that themselves

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well we need a 15 for a year or two until Placid is ready. If we can't get Mogg I'd take JOC (James O'Connor).

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Part of me realises that he will be an asset. Particularly at the moment with the injuries that we have in our back line............ but.............. I am honestly not sure that his presence will be helpful.

Realisticly the team is struggling with morale & attitude at the moment. I am not sure that his influence will help. On past experience.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
A couple of work colleagues went to a talk by Ewen at the Rugby Club last week. Ewen spent a lot of time talking about how he emphasised building a culture at the Wobs. He spoke a lot about the problems he had faced taking over the Wobs. My colleagues understood Ewen to be saying "over my dead body" in relation to JOC (James O'Connor).

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
There is no doubt the bloke's ability on the firld.

I only worry about the potential bad influences he may bring.

However the senior playing group of Horwill Genia Cooper Gill and Slipper as well as Carmichael and Slaughter would not take any crap whatsoever

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

However the senior playing group of Horwill Genia Cooper Gill and Slipper as well as Carmichael and Slaughter would not take any crap whatsoever

The senior players just need to be allowed to handle it. That was the problem in the Wallabies, he was a protected species and nothing was done/allowed to be done until Link came on board. This situation can not be allowed to happen at the Reds as there are a number of players that have the potiential to go the same way if the rot is allowed to set in.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The senior players just need to be allowed to handle it. That was the problem in the Wallabies, he was a protected species and nothing was done/allowed to be done until Link came on board. This situation can not be allowed to happen at the Reds as there are a number of players that have the potiential to go the same way if the rot is allowed to set in.

I don't think the players would cop it at all - my reference to Carmichael and Slaughter was in respect of fucking him off quickly if he got out of hand,.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't think the players would cop it at all - my reference to Carmichael and Slaughter was in respect of fucking him off quickly if he got out of hand,.

Remember the words "toxic environment"? Note when he leaves and its gone from any environment he is in? This is too funny - he is literally a skunk. He's a real player with real skills, but it the noxious part that comes with him no one wants. I would have thought when no one in Australia would have a bar of him the penny would have dropped. You go Reds, its really what you need! I hope he doesn't get in to a reportedly discontented Cooper or any other players heads. This alone could set the Reds back years if it fails, and it clearly shows that the Reds are on slide, are happy with band-aid quick fix solutions as they wont bite the bullet and start bringing in new blood.

This will hurt Australian rugby and the Reds for the foreseeable future.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

Because they did such a great job when he was in the wallabies set up.

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.