• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
O'Connor won't be far outside the WC squad and he will know that. He will be looking to find some confidence and form in the NRC and will want as much game time as he can get.

He's been playing for Brothers in the Prem Grade since the Reds season finished and played in the World XV.

He's doing what he can and good on him.

That sounds good. At his best he's a top class player. Aussie rugby needs to recover him for the next seasons

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Where is JOC (James O'Connor) now? Havn't heard a thing as to why he's been missing NRC games
Apparently back was sore as per above reports, and went to Japan to play for World XV & injured a knee.

Not sure how badly but would be good to see him make an appearance at some stage even if he's just sitting with the squad on the team bench.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Sounds to me like he planned this all along, have a crack at the RWC and then bugger back off to France. Wasn't it the Toulon owner who said after O'Connor signed a 2 year deal with the Reds that he will definitely be back in only one year after the RWC?

Not sure the media were all that bad this time around.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Good luck to him, but if this anything more than concern for the welfare of his brand, I'd be surprised.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep. This went exactly how most people predicted. Even Richard graham didn't want him. The decision was made elsewhere which is one of the reasons for the high performance restructure.

Glad he's gone. For money spent, players lost and what we got out of him it must go down as one of the worst Reds signings ever.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Should be of little concern in QLD. Plenty of good outside backs coming off the NRC production line. So long, and thanks for all the fish, James.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Iv been saying it since the day the reds announced him on a contract longer than 1 year that he wouldn't stay.

The Force where close to signing him but they wanted him to commit to a 2 year contract. He only wanted to sign a 1 year deal.

Whether he then agreed to a longer contract at the Force and they didn't believe he would honor the deal or not I do not know but i do know that his reluctance to sign a longer contract was the reason they cut ties with him.

That's why I was so surprised to hear and read that he had signed a long term deal with the reds. However i have always believed and stated that he wouldn't see it out and low and behold look what has happened.

This young man has had a high degree of bad advise since day one and unfortunate what could have been such a bright career has not panned out which is such a shame and a waste IMO.

Who knows he may yet return bigger and better in the future but i highly doubt it.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I agree totally.
He has already accomplished more than most could dream about.
But it really looks like when he retires,he will look back and wonder what could have been.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Do people think he is/was considered injury cover for the guys in the RWC squad? If we lost 2 or 3 outside backs, who was next for a call up? Cummins? JOC (James O'Connor)?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Do people think he is/was considered injury cover for the guys in the RWC squad? If we lost 2 or 3 outside backs, who was next for a call up? Cummins? JOC (James O'Connor)?

JOC (James O'Connor) had surgery a few weeks ago. He isn't healthy so he's nowhere on the list.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I agree totally.
He has already accomplished more than most could dream about.
But it really looks like when he retires,he will look back and wonder what could have been.

Whilst lying on his massive pile of money.

But yes I agree.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I dont think we have seen the last of JOC (James O'Connor) in Australia.. The kid was good this year at the Reds (in a behavior point of view) and we found out that he was seriously injured for most the year.. His still only young, he still has a lot of years in front of him, and I think will come back in a few years with fire.. or alternatively his just a tosser.. 50/50 bet

Reactions: BDA

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I dont think we have seen the last of JOC (James O'Connor) in Australia.. The kid was good this year at the Reds (in a behavior point of view) and we found out that he was seriously injured for most the year.. His still only young, he still has a lot of years in front of him, and I think will come back in a few years with fire.. or alternatively his just a tosser.. 50/50 bet

Will he piss, moan, and claim its all too hard then as well?

Fucking Gen Y, I tells ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.