• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOC (James O'Connor) Gooonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Some rumours coming out from the snouts across the dutch that his manager has been in talks with both Highlanders and Chiefs senior staff.

Personally, I don't think that would be a bad move for him to either side if true.

I certainly know either side won't put up with any of his bullshut!

M

Moono75

We can't expect an announcement on JOC (James O'Connor) too soon. Half of the problem in the past has been having the ARU and Super Rugby teams clamouring all over him even after he's been a naughty boy. This just reaffirmed to JOC (James O'Connor) that he could do whatever he liked because a team would always be there waiting to sign him. The fact that the ARU and Force have both stepped away and told him to take a breather is delivering the right message.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Some rumours coming out from the snouts across the dutch that his manager has been in talks with both Highlanders and Chiefs senior staff.

Personally, I don't think that would be a bad move for him to either side if true.

Jamie Joseph isn't likely to put up with much, but then he didn't exactly sort Nonu out either this year. I think on balance I would pass on him coming to the Highlanders. If he did come he would have to be on his best behavior, or he can go jump in the lake.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
I think it's time for the ARU and NZRU to allow players to play for the opposite country's franchises and still be available for national selection like the NRL. I think it adds more intrigue to those foreign franchises to a viewer. More ratings for Kiwi teams in Aus and vice-versa.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Jamie Joseph isn't likely to put up with much, but then he didn't exactly sort Nonu out either this year. I think on balance I would pass on him coming to the Highlanders. If he did come he would have to be on his best behavior, or he can go jump in the lake.

Thanks for the insight. Thought it was mentioned in my original post.

Jamie Joseph is also one who may be heading for the door. They have lost a LOT of good southern men for next year. Must be a reason why

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
I think it's time for the ARU and NZRU to allow players to play for the opposite country's franchises and still be available for national selection like the NRL. I think it adds more intrigue to those foreign franchises to a viewer. More ratings for Kiwi teams in Aus and vice-versa.

That will inevitably be the way forward. Playing for a foreign based side in the same competition shouldn't have any detriment to your chances of representing the national team. I'm also a football fan and nobody cares if half the team are foreigners, as long as they play for the badge that's all that matters. If anything it adds a more interesting element.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Yeah he'd fit right in. Pig shooting with Andrew Hore on weekends.

Reactions: Tex

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
I cant imagine you will see him at the chiefs just given the other talent that they have. Highlanders seems like a reasonable choice but Dunedin is the last place an idiot with a reputation for drinking needs to end up.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I've heard the media beat this whole thing up so in my opinion he is still a strong chance to end up in WA. The ARU are just annoyed at the attention he has drawn to them, regardless of whether or not it's manufactured.

So I imagine the Force deal is still very much on the table. There's a good chance he'll still play for the Wallabies next year he just wont be on a full time ARU contract.

Quade has come a long way since a few altercations and disagreements with management in the recent past, I hope they give JOC (James O'Connor) a comeback option to see if he can achieve something similar in the next 12 months.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
I cant imagine you will see him at the chiefs just given the other talent that they have. Highlanders seems like a reasonable choice but Dunedin is the last place an idiot with a reputation for drinking needs to end up.

Chiefs have gone to market through the Player Management agencies looking for a quick winger with goal kicking ability.

He ticks both those boxes.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Chiefs have gone to market through the Player Management agencies looking for a quick winger with goal kicking ability.

If they need a winger/goalkicker they can only be looking for a back-ups back-up. Anscombe and Cruden will surely be 1 & 2 and both of them are good goalkickers, Anscombe is exceptional.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Apart from the Japanese No 9 at the Highlanders, what other non-NZ players are there in the 5 kiwi teams?

I doubt that they would be interested in a high maintenance import.
I am sure that they will do due diligence on Homebrand and realise that there is already enough domestic talent available in their own country before they need to look overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.