• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

JOHN EALES MEDAL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Well FP it's not that surprising.

Hooper played every single game. Foley every game excluding 1.

By my count on a 3-2-1 per player basis, that's around 2,200 votes.

Them and Folau are the only two that were available for close to 2,200 votes.

Hooper is clearly well in front of all players, to the point that had Pocock not missed games, there's no guarantee he would have overtaken his polling, so the question is how did the only other two players to play and start almost every game of the season poll close to half of Hooper?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hooper missed two games at the RWC (Uruguay and Wales) and didn't play against the USA in Chicago.

Did Stephen Moore play the most games of anyone? Is the match against the USA Eagles the only game he didn't play?

Two notable results in my opinion are DHP and Kurtley Beale.

Haylett-Petty has only played the games this year and KB (Kurtley Beale) only those last year and a lot of those were off the bench.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Impressive that Scott Sio ranked 10th, given the fairly widespread opinion on here that he was well below form for all or most of this year. Team mates see things we don't perhaps?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Impressive that Scott Sio ranked 10th, given the fairly widespread opinion on here that he was well below form for all or most of this year. Team mates see things we don't perhaps?

I think most of the criticism on here for Sio has been that his scrummaging took a backward step against the Poms. He also wasn't quite as prominent in the loose.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Moved to the correct thread, BTW this is not to evolve into a "<choose one of BF or QC (Quade Cooper)> is useless and <choose the other one of QC (Quade Cooper) or BF> Is better" discussion.
Not to inflame any topics or what have you, but the last time I asked it went unanswered.

Are the full lists of points per player for the John Eales medal publicly available? It'd be interesting to see how the whole squad went per unit of time on the field.

I doubt they are publicly available Michael, purely for the reason that they wouldn't want to publicise the worst polling players.

Your best shot would be to watch the reels from the awards night where they (I think) update the top 10 tallies after each test and try to make some inferences from that, otherwise you can only do the analysis on the final top 10 players.

As you are a student though you might be able to get the data from the ARU or RUPA for analysis on the condition you only publish what they are happy with.
Maybe I'll contact them after exams.

Although tbh the top 10 account for ~68% of votes so its not like we're missing a huge amount of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.