• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I. Dent Cup 2017 - ACT Premier Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
A sign of a good YC, Muirhead infringed to prevent a Try knowing the team were on a warning given at the preceding LO. Players believe that the clock starts when they hit the naughty chair he just wanted to get over and done with.
1st Blue Card for a Prem 1 game issued as well I believe with Cusack going to Disneyland that was a hell of a lump on his head he looked like a Unicorn ;)

Yeah Cusack walked off and appeared fine after the game. To me, he initially seemed to be in a lot of pain rather than being concussed but good call on the blue card in any case it was a pretty massive egg on his forehead as you say!

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Has been rewarded with a spot on the Brumbies tour of SA and Arg....

Bit of a bolter but good call - can't see him getting much game time but couldn't do much worse that what the regular brumby XI has been throwing up of late! Is Dargaville injured or overlooked?

macka_au

Allen Oxlade (6)
G'day All,

I managed to get down to phillip to watch the game. I arrived about 25 mins into the 1st half t which point the score was 32 - 0. Unbelievable really! I can't comment on the first 25-30 minutes but if you'd just watched the 50 or so minutes I watched you would have said it was a very even game.

Hard to fault anyone from royals, in my opinion, standouts for them were their back three who just seemed to always have space and time on the outside. Staniforth, Cusack and Sione took on big work loads with the ball up front.

Obviously a difficult game for tuggeranong. Losing Isaac Thompson probably played a factor with the new 10 Darro? Having only spent a few weeks with the team. At times they looked disorganised and were probably shellshocked by the huge score already on the board. Standout from tuggeranong from what I saw were Vejvoda and Mcgrath got through a heap of work up front and Jake Knight was good out wide (as always) although they didn't get him enough ball. Vikings midfield seemed a little uneasy and the O.H's look like they're still getting their legs under them. Again I was pretty underwhelmed with Ah Wong.

Royals thoroughly deserved the win defending for long stretches in their own half and on their own line.

At this stage it looks like everyone else is just fighting for second place.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Obviously Easts never got out of the starting blocks this year - are we also comfortable putting a line through Uni's final four chances? Sitting second last having had two byes I think 2017 has passed them by...

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Unless there's a massive shift in form, the final four will be Royals, Vikings, Whites, and Eagles in some order.

No love for Wests? I thought they look improved this year. Not sure if they are meeting Tuggies this week at a good time or a very very bad time. I can't put a line through the lions just yet.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Big fan of Wests, and they're putting in some nice showings, but the guys up in Gungahlin seem to have it sorted out this year. Still close though, and you never know what will happen so early in the season.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Big fan of Wests, and they're putting in some nice showings, but the guys up in Gungahlin seem to have it sorted out this year. Still close though, and you never know what will happen so early in the season.

Is Queanbeyan a lock in for the 4? I've got Royals and Tuggies as the top 2 but not sure I can split the next three at this point.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is Queanbeyan a lock in for the 4? I've got Royals and Tuggies as the top 2 but not sure I can split the next three at this point.

Yeah...it was only last week that we were all very hesitant to suggest that the Whites would be there. Does this mean that they have dug themselves out of their early season hole?

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Obviously Easts never got out of the starting blocks this year - are we also comfortable putting a line through Uni's final four chances? Sitting second last having had two byes I think 2017 has passed them by.

Maybe Uni's early effort against Tuggers was a once off...I hope not. Has their scrum improved at all?

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yeah Cusack walked off and appeared fine after the game. To me, he initially seemed to be in a lot of pain rather than being concussed but good call on the blue card in any case it was a pretty massive egg on his forehead as you say!

Just read in CT of the Blue Card I didn't realise that the referee has made a call that ruled him out of the rest of the game and not allowing them to play again for a minimum of 12 days.

I am happy about the rest of the game but believe the 12 days should be managed by medical professions.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Just read in CT of the Blue Card I didn't realise that the referee has made a call that ruled him out of the rest of the game and not allowing them to play again for a minimum of 12 days.

I am happy about the rest of the game but believe the 12 days should be managed by medical professions.

Couldn't agree more and have to admit I didn't realise there was also a 12 day exclusion. Like I said, I really don't think he was knocked out. He was immediately rolling around in pain holding his head as opposed to being out cold. I have no problems with him sitting out the rest of the day but agree it needs to be up to a medical professional to decide if the player requires a longer spell on the sidelines. Can you imagine if that was the preliminary final played on the weekend....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Also would have ruled him out of the Brumbies' tour had there been a vacancy in the squad. Blue card is way beyond the refs' areas of competence.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Apparently the score was 20-10 at half time in the QBN Easts game? What the hell happened? They must of been missing players.

That's unbelievable! 84 points in a half. Either Fahey gave the Whites the greatest motivational half time speech of all time or Ross delivered something demoralising to the Easts boys.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Apparently the score was 20-10 at half time in the QBN Easts game? What the hell happened? They must of been missing players.

Score at Half-Time was 30-10 - so Easts weren't doing too badly.

Queanbeyan always go into the sheds at half-time so always hard to tell what was said/what the mood is like - but I believe the coach/senior players would of basically said let's build from this, and prove a point. They came out in the 2nd half about 3 gears higher - very noticeable difference.

Easts on the other hand were on the field and were TOTALLY blasted by their coach F*** this, F*** that - it was pretty disgusting really considering they played pretty decent footy in the 1st 40 mins (besides the scrum) - I don't believe it is motivational for a coach to act like this - I don't think it inspirers players to come out and step it up in the 2nd half. The coaches actions throughout the game were pretty poor to be honest and if that's the culture at the club then its easy to see why they are in the position they are in.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)

It isn't the Referees that rule him out for the minimum 12 Days stan down it is the medical Profession. The minimum 12 days for Seniors and 19 days for juniors has been set up by the like of the ARUs CMO Dr W McDonald. The Blue Card is only a visual indication of a player being removed from the field for concussion. Unless they change the rules (not law) and allow all teams to do the Concussion test this is the safest way to manage players. If sent from the field and a player disproves Concussion then the mandatory lay off does not occur. At this stage the medical world are still trying to find types of scans that show concussion's impact on the brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.