• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Julia's Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
. It must be hard using her arms with such big chips on her shoulders.

Welsh by birth. They're used to it.

As for the pay thing, it's the lifetime bonuses that shit me the most. Serve 8 years as a back bencher and they pay you like you've retired from 40 years with the same company! Driver, super, golden handshake...

There were also moves to make their expense accounts a matter of public record which they tried to block in the Senate. So maybe they're getting in at the trough while they can, will reduce the claims in the public domain, and meantime will pocket more guaranteed. That way they don't need to worry about hanging onto receipts

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Their pay increase of about 20% in the last 2 years is in part,a trade off for the reduction in their benefits(gold pass, fact finding tours on the QEII etc)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Ding dong the witch is dead?????? All I hope is that whatever happens this ends a terrible period of Australian politics.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The judiciary is about to meet to decide whether (Big) Kev is guilty of rucking Julia Gillard.

I'm guessing he'll be found guilty and sentenced to being Prime Minister for just under three months.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What meaningful difference is there between Rudd and Gillard? All this hype is pathetic, it just goes to show you that politics is more about marketing than anything. The only reason Labor will win many more seats with Rudd in leadership is because the media has managed to convince people there is some fundamental difference between them, as it makes their daily stories about Labor leadership more interesting.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What meaningful difference is there between Rudd and Gillard? All this hype is pathetic, it just goes to show you that politics is more about marketing than anything. The only reason Labor will win many more seats with Rudd in leadership is because the media has managed to convince people there is some fundamental difference between them, as it makes their daily stories about Labor leadership more interesting.

This is so bloody true - for better or worse

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Perception and the media, or media perception, or public perception.

There's none so blind as those that will not see.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has the President and Executive of the Labor Party stated that Julia has the Full Support and Endorsement of the President and Board?

If so...........you know what will happen next.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The KRuddmeister is our New PM (or is he)?

Announced on TV Now.

Believed that there may either be a vote of confidence, or no confidence, in the House to see if KRudd has the support of the Parliament.

The Independents vote would be interesting.

Jooolia clearly had the support of the President and the Board, right up until the knives were buried into her back.

Useful to have the vote on State of Origin Night to get it over and done with quickly.

Many Front benches are falling on their sword.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
^^^^^Big Kev has support of Thomson and katter (apparently). I wonder if he will move back into the lodge with Therese for 3 months.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ding dong the witch is dead.

Long live the new witch - "Kevin 13" just doesn't have the same ring to it. So I'll stick with "bespectacled fluffybunny".

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
A class act at the end as she and her supporters didn't do what Rudd did to her for two and a half years.

Rudd should take a leaf out of her book and quit parliament so the next leader will have clean air.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Half way through reading her book. A good read and by no means short of self critique.

Good to hear her side of the story and it speaks volumes for her as a quality person.

Status
Not open for further replies.