• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If they win by seven, sure, but not if they win by 30. It's hardly like he red carded him for striking the ref or something.
Man thats just not how any of this works. 'Oh the all blacks win every game by 40 points, so it doesn't matter if they get outrageous refereeing bias every match'.

Talk about one eyed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
How do the all blacks get away with everything. During the first French attack that lasted forever they were offside so often. They allways had someone on the ground on the wrong side preventing the French from cleaning out. Sbw deserved a yellow for his ridiculous slowing the ball down. Never on his feet once and then after he was on the ground for 5 seconds just grabs it.

France defends does one thing wrong that's arguable and it's a penalty.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
How do the all blacks get away with everything. During the first French attack that lasted forever they were offside so often. They allways had someone on the ground on the wrong side preventing the French from cleaning out. Sbw deserved a yellow for his ridiculous slowing the ball down. Never on his feet once and then after he was on the ground for 5 seconds just grabs it.

France defends does one thing wrong that's arguable and it's a penalty.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Got refs blocking for em, thats how.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Double Agent

Allen Oxlade (6)
There is no law in rugby about the ref impeding a defender as long as the ball-carrier doesn't touch the referee. Correct call. Bad positioning by Lacey.
Yep, if not for using the ref as a 'blocker' I doubt if I would have scored any tries in my (limited) junior rugby career!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Man thats just not how any of this works. 'Oh the all blacks win every game by 40 points, so it doesn't matter if they get outrageous refereeing bias every match'.

Talk about one eyed.

Except I didn't say that. So, yeah.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
They'll change the law as early as possible (they have to or it'll become a legitimate tactic, especially given there is no law that stops off field personnel such as medics running into defenders). Can't see how they can say the referee was right this time though given that he actually asked to look upstairs to see if he blocked the player and clearly had no idea about the relevant laws.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
They'll change the law as early as possible (they have to or it'll become a legitimate tactic, especially given there is no law that stops off field personnel such as medics running into defenders). Can't see how they can say the referee was right this time though given that he actually asked to look upstairs to see if he blocked the player and clearly had no idea about the relevant laws.

I think he asked to check the pass. I don't think he thought there was ever any issue with him blocking the French player.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
French lock fortunate to get away with a stamp on the Accountant at the 57/58 minute mark. Right in front of the ref, even. All Blacks always getting the rub of the green, innit.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
TMO, Ref. Both look at the same thing and come up with two different decisions. State of the union right there..

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
French lock fortunate to get away with a stamp on the Accountant at the 57/58 minute mark. Right in front of the ref, even. All Blacks always getting the rub of the green, innit.

Good luck recruiting to that cause.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good luck recruiting to that cause.

Hello sir, I am Brother Zero, and this is brother Dismal. We are with the Church of the Seventh-Positioned All Black, based in Pitcairn-Onehunga. Can you quickly talk to you about our All Black literature?

JWs5.jpg

Now, as you can see here, our founder and heavenly father, Richie McCaw, quite clearly had his hands on the ball before the ruck was formed and, as such, had no obligation to release the ball, as per World Rugby law 15.11.

Thank you for your time and we hope that the instructive examples contained in our extensive literature demonstrate the strength of the Church of the Seventh-Positioned All Black's position. Please, take this literature and distribute it among your godless, heathen friends.

Have a good day, sir.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think he asked to check the pass. I don't think he thought there was ever any issue with him blocking the French player.
I’m pretty sure he said he wanted to check if he was in the way or something similar. I tried to rewind to check but my old fox box wouldn’t let me go back that far. If someone has recorded it can they act as TMO and advise accordingly.

That’s why I was so irate about it, how he could have a look to see if he got in the way and then determine he didn’t. Maybe Ben Skeen checked the rules for him in the interim.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
TMO, Ref. Both look at the same thing and come up with two different decisions. State of the union right there..

Didn't Lacey say he clearly saw Frizell ground the ball? And Ayoub said well I want to see more angles and I didn't see it grounded? So if the ref saw it grounded how was it over ruled? That was interesting I thought. Anyway that was enjoyable test and now for Wallabies/Ireland!!

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Explain himself to who? And what did he say to confuse you?
Well I was replying to Cyclopath who said that he wanted to check the pass and wasn’t concerned about getting in the road of the Frenchman. If that was the case then I would have liked him to say to the French player he got in the way off something like “sorry I can’t disallow a try if I impeded a non-ball carrying player.” Of course, if he was unaware of the rule and simply thought the defender was not going to make the tackle regardless of whether he was there then there was no real need for clarification.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fucking jumpy stream, only saw snippets.
How did bumsplintered Dick Frizzle go in Akira's jersey?
Hello sir, I am Brother Zero, and this is brother Dismal. We are with the Church of the Seventh-Positioned All Black, based in Pitcairn-Onehunga. Can you quickly talk to you about our All Black literature?

JWs5.jpg

Now, as you can see here, our founder and heavenly father, Richie McCaw, quite clearly had his hands on the ball before the ruck was formed and, as such, had no obligation to release the ball, as per World Rugby law 15.11.

Thank you for your time and we hope that the instructive examples contained in our extensive literature demonstrate the strength of the Church of the Seventh-Positioned All Black's position. Please, take this literature and distribute it among your godless, heathen friends.

Have a good day, sir.
You are good with the talking role.
I am good with my pocket pool role.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I was replying to Cyclopath who said that he wanted to check the pass and wasn’t concerned about getting in the road of the Frenchman. If that was the case then I would have liked him to say to the French player he got in the way off something like “sorry I can’t disallow a try if I impeded a non-ball carrying player.” Of course, if he was unaware of the rule and simply thought the defender was not going to make the tackle regardless of whether he was there then there was no real need for clarification.

I actually wonder how badly he got in the way anyway, watch the replay, I thought the French 9 ran into him when Smith still had the ball INSIDE of the ref. I could well be wrong, and I am sure it will get pointed out, but my initial thought was the French player maybe used the ref to try and get game stopped.
As I say that was my initial thought and probably wrong anyway!

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I actually wonder how badly he got in the way anyway, watch the replay, I thought the French 9 ran into him when Smith still had the ball INSIDE of the ref. I could well be wrong, and I am sure it will get pointed out, but my initial thought was the French player maybe used the ref to try and get game stopped.
As I say that was my initial thought and probably wrong anyway!

Yeah it was going to be touch and go whether he got him, think the law does need amending though.

Status
Not open for further replies.