• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I got to ask who else is really looking forward to the Pom/Saffa test this week? I think it could be another beauty!! Obviously I also looking forward to ABs/France and Wallabies/Irish, been probably awhile since I been so excited about 3 tests in a day as I am this weekend (again). Just quietly wouldn't it be nice to see the big 3 SH win again, and then scan the English press for all the write ups on how Super rugby doesn't prepare players for test matches.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I got to ask who else is really looking forward to the Pom/Saffa test this week? I think it could be another beauty!! Obviously I also looking forward to ABs/France and Wallabies/Irish, been probably awhile since I been so excited about 3 tests in a day as I am this weekend (again). Just quietly wouldn't it be nice to see the big 3 SH win again, and then scan the English press for all the write ups on how Super rugby doesn't prepare players for test matches.

Me too! Can't wait to watch this game. Hopefully EJ (Eddie Jones) gets dusted again.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks unchanged for Wellywood:

(15-1): Jordie Barrett, Ben Smith, Anton Lienert-Brown, Ryan Crotty, Rieko Ioane, Beauden Barrett, Aaron Smith, Luke Whitelock, Sam Cane, Liam Squire, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock (c), Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves (16-23): Nathan Harris, Karl Tu'inukuafe, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Vaea Fifita, Ardie Savea, TJ Perenara, Damian McKenzie, Ngani Laumape

Ground hasn't sold out yet but is expected to by Saturday provided the weather doesn't turn to shit: at this stage the forecast is for showers & it could get a bit breezy.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
& it could get a bit breezy.

In Wellington?

shockedface.jpg

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It was blown out of reality by Crotty. His staging for a penalty was the issue. He carried on like a soccer/AFL player his hysterical reaction was the reason the ref panicked. Very poor form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not the first time in recent matches Crotty has carried on like a pork chop, either. He is fast becoming like Sanchez with his hollywood performances.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Five changes to French team:

(15-1): Benjamin Fall, Teddy Thomas, Mathieu Bastareaud (c), Geoffrey Doumayrou, Gael Fickou, Anthony Belleau, Morgan Parra, Kevin Gourdon, Kelian Galletier, Mathieu Babillot, Yoann Maestri, Bernard Le Roux, Uini Atonio, Camille Chat, Dany Priso. Reserves (16-23): Pierre Bougarit, Cyril Baille, Cedate Gomes Sa, Paul Gabrillagues, Alexandre Lapandry, Baptiste Serin, Jules Plisson, Maxime Medard.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
No #10 on the bench for Boks. Le Roux to take over there if necesaary with Faf assuming kicking duties.

PSdT on at 7 in place of JLdP and Malherbe firat game back from a long layoff. Wilco and Jantjies out of 23 altogether. Tank (3) and Kriel (11, 13, 14, 15). Official reason for Jantjies omission is Boks want to maintain pace. Louw rested for having played too much.

1 Mtawarira
2 Mbonambi
3 Malherbe
4 Snyman
5 Mosterd
6 Kolisi
7 du Toit
8 Vermeulen

9 de Klerk
10 Pollard
11 Dyantyi
12 de Allende
13 Am
14 Nkosi
15 le Roux

Bench
Van der Merwe
Kitshoff
du Toit (Thomas)
du Preez (Jean-Luc)
Notshe
Van Zyl
Kriel
Gelant

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ENGLAND (15-1): Elliot Daly, Jonny May, Henry Slade, Owen Farrell (c), Mike Brown, George Ford, Ben Youngs; Billy Vunipola, Tom Curry, Brad Shields, Maro Itoje, Joe Launchbury, Kyle Sinckler, Jamie George, Mako Vunipola. Reserves (16-23): Luke Cowan-Dickie, Joe Marler, Harry Williams, Mark Wilson, Nathan Hughes, Ben Spencer, Danny Cipriani, Denny Solomona

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WALES (15-1): Hallam Amos, Josh Adams, Scott Williams, Owen Watkin, George North, Rhys Patchell, Aled Davies; Ross Moriarty, James Davies, Ellis Jenkins, Cory Hill (c), Adam Beard, Tomas Francis, Ryan Elias, Rob Evans. Reserves (16-23): Elliot Dee, Nicky Smith, Dillon Lewis, Bradley Davies, Josh Turnbull, Tomos Williams, Gareth Anscombe, Tom Prydie

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
ENGLAND (15-1): Elliot Daly, Jonny May, Henry Slade, Owen Farrell (c), Mike Brown, George Ford, Ben Youngs; Billy Vunipola, Tom Curry, Brad Shields, Maro Itoje, Joe Launchbury, Kyle Sinckler, Jamie George, Mako Vunipola. Reserves (16-23): Luke Cowan-Dickie, Joe Marler, Harry Williams, Mark Wilson, Nathan Hughes, Ben Spencer, Danny Cipriani, Denny Solomona

Shields at 6. Wonder if the chat of him starting in the second row was all smoke and mirrors. Or did we actually come close to seeing the biggest section brain snap since Giteau started as half back against Wales?

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
So the Crusaders beat the French Barbarians (whose jerseys the Blues need to 100% ripoff for next season), giving them their first win in three attempts against a touring side (previously losing to England and the B&I Lions).

Of the other franchises -- and as far as I can remember -- the Blues are 1-1-0 (beat the B&I Lions, lost to France), the Chiefs 1-1-0 (beat Wales, lost to the B&I Lions), the Highlanders 1-0-0 (beating the B&I Lions), while the Hurricanes are either undefeated or win-less (0-0-1), depending on how you look at things/whether or not you're from Wellington.

Overall, then, the franchises have a 4-4-1 record (44%), with the Highlanders a chance to bump that into a positive winning record if they maintain their unbeaten touring record when the French Barbarians arrive at the Lunch Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.