• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So what sort of things do you think they consider to determine yellow vs red? Flip a coin? Maybe that's how George Ayoub does his thing, but I'm talking about proper refs.

[quote] It will be up to the referee to differentiate the severity of the tackle and what sanction is appropriate – a good process would be to combine the level of recklessness with the outcome and effect on the tackled player. [/quote]

read the bloody guidelines if you want to understand. Its not that hard.

You say you are not doing the "but you guys" defence but you drag in something about Pocock - which I asked for a reference on not another obscure tidbit.. and then you want to bring in old Georgey Ayoub (as if anybody can understand what processes George does to come up with his outcomes) in another "but you guys moment".... but there you go.

Anyway end of. read the guidelines, quoted for you in black and white. That is the process, its simple.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Final word on the sandwich tackle on Grosso should go to Jaques Brunel:

"On the first image, I said illicit. On the second, I think it's accidental. Although, in the same vein I think Gabrillagues' yellow card is hard," Brunel told French website Rugbyrama.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...ty-all-blacks-after-reviewing-tackle-incident

Kinda supported by the fact that the INDEPENDENT Citing Officer didn't see fit to cite either Cane or Ofa.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
So, moving on from the controversy from the AB v Fra game on the weekend. How good was it seeing England get beaten again? VERY BLOODY GOOD INDEED! Probably too early to say I told you so, but I can't help myself. I said right at the beginning that Eddie will be great until everyone realises how much they hate his guts. It happens with practically every team he coaches eventually. They've lost I think four proper tests on the trot, five if you count the Barbarians game. I find him to be a smug git on the whole and do enjoy seeing him fail (which is a character defect on my part, I will acknowledge).

All that aside, it was a great game of footy in Jo'burg on the weekend.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
people keep saying this to me and I've never understood it. Like they have ideas as to how I could better use my time. Oh really? Let's hear them then.

"Go to work." That place is where I have my WORST ideas. Terrible option. Besides which it's the weekend, drongos.
"Spend time with your family." Sensible option I suppose. WRONG. Far too moored, mired and marooned in the minutiae of reality. Besides, it might entail going out and I hate going out.
"Self improvement." Go f***k yourself.
"Go fishing." "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted at all. Unless you're fishing." l0ll, like I can be fucked walking around some riverside tussock looking for beached fish to put in my little net thing, AKA, fishing "Teach" style.

Clearly you are in middle management.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Final word on the sandwich tackle on Grosso should go to Jaques Brunel:

"On the first image, I said illicit. On the second, I think it's accidental. Although, in the same vein I think Gabrillagues' yellow card is hard," Brunel told French website Rugbyrama.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...ty-all-blacks-after-reviewing-tackle-incident

Kinda supported by the fact that the INDEPENDENT Citing Officer didn't see fit to cite either Cane or Ofa.
Not re-entering the debate. Remy Grosso has a fractured skull as a result of the tackle. Hes out for the series though he will stay with the team because he can't fly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Highlights:

Too sad to look at.

Can you please post something better. We South Africans are the best and we want the best. Please excuse our stupidity. If you don't you will feel it - we do too, but we don't admit it.

Laugh... what does it feel like without the Springboks?

Like nothing!

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
I see 'Independent citing commissioner Freek Burger of South Africa has cleared Ofa Tu'ungafasi of committing a red card offence', so he will be available for selection weekend.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
How the hell does this go invited
Forearm to the jaw. Isn't that a red card ? And then the shoulder to the bead. Do they want everyone to think New Zealand don't have to follow the laws ? Rory Arnold got red carded and weeks for an accidental shoulder to the head. Everyone does.
ff63740d4a7735083657a778dbaff0da.gif
13c0dd13a4dabcecbfb43198839c67b6.gif

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
A press release from World Rugby said “Having reviewed all available camera angles, the Citing Commissioner considered Ofa Tu’ungafasi to have executed a dangerous tackle “just short of” red card level (in accordance with World Rugby Regulation 17), which caused injury to France winger Remy Grosso.

Wtf. So admits it was dangerous tackle but only needs a warning. Hahaha what sort of shoulder to the head dangerous tackle only deserves a warning.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I just really don't get it. How can this shit happen. Our sport is a fucking joke.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I just really don't get it. How can this shit happen. Our sport is a fucking joke.

It feels like only a couple of weeks ago that you were arguing that Rory Arnold shouldn't have been carded because he is tall and it is difficult for him not to smash smaller players in the head when he makes a tackle. o_O

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Well the English ref, Aussie TMO, South African citing commissioner and the French coach disagree with you.

TBH given how low Ofa Tu'ungafasi went (IE about as low as you can go) I struggle to see how it was even reckless. But it appears few people are going to agree on that – so be it.

That French yellow card was terrible, even calling that a penalty is a stretch.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
It was blown out of reality by Crotty. His staging for a penalty was the issue. He carried on like a soccer/AFL player his hysterical reaction was the reason the ref panicked. Very poor form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It feels like only a couple of weeks ago that you were arguing that Rory Arnold shouldn't have been carded because he is tall and it is difficult for him not to smash smaller players in the head when he makes a tackle. o_O
Exactly. That was an accident and he got a red and weeks. This isn't even an accident. He isn't 7 foot tall.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Look at my gif. He is looking at his head as he shoulders him in the bloody head. How is it accidental. It's mind boggling.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Also what about Caine and his forearm to the head. Isn't contact to the head a red?

Status
Not open for further replies.