• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

June Internationals not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
The all blacks have to be the most luckiest team ever. That yellow card was so bad. When it happened the all blacks are running about 3 obstructions against the French as well. Maybe as well just never play and give them the win.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure calls go for them and against them just like any other team -think about the lion series last year.

That yellow card was horrific though, thought it was just a penalty live and in the replay not even a penalty. Glad the AB’s got it done by 40+ so it wasn’t an issue.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah, I don't think it's bias either ACR, but quite a few refs seem to be intimidated when in charge of the ABs. Today's refereeing effort was just an example.

Maybe. He certainly had a brain fade today, though he also reffed the AB's at the end of last year and wasn't afraid then.. I'd also say quite a few refs certainly are not intimidated, the All Blacks have been penalised and carded significantly more than their opponents since 2012. I also think he was just a little bit shit, I mean he gave like four penalties for lineout infringements that had no impact on the lineouts or anything at all (mostly against France). Pedantry at it's worst.

I think the standard of refereeing in general at the moment is very bad, and it's not the referees fault. It's whoever gives the directives, sets the standards, APPLIES those standards, lets TV PRODUCERS influence outcomes. The frankly inconsistent application of technology, and at times flat out woeful TMO's. A committee is in charge of this me guess. The guy out in the middle is on a hiding to nothing out there.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
South Africa's downward trajectory seems to be continuing. England run through literally porous defence to score a try to make it 0-10 before the 5 minute mark.

Edit: This is just embarrassing. England run two simple back line moves and score off each, score now at 0-24 at the 17th minute.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well I have to eat humble pie, South Africa smack back with four unanswered tries to make the HT score 29-27. Defence seems optional today, but it's an enjoyable game. Very different from the previous two.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
yeah honestly what the fuck happened there. As the english commentator said, absolutely bonkers. Final score 42-39.
I get a weird satisfaction when the three SH teams win, it's like this chip on my shoulder that I need to prove super rugby is tougher.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
yeah honestly what the fuck happened there. As the english commentator said, absolutely bonkers. Final score 42-39.
I get a weird satisfaction when the three SH teams win, it's like this chip on my shoulder that I need to prove super rugby is tougher.
It is a highveld game. England didn't know exactly what to expect despite what they may have said. South Africa needs time together to improve defense.

Newlands will be a much lower scoring game - particularly if the rain continues (a good thing for the drought-stricken area). Both teams' defenses will get better as the series progresses.

I'm just glad this young Bok side stood up. It is no small feat to come back from 3 - 24 down and seeing out the game. Great result for a very inexperienced side on their first time out.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Too many players with little or no recent game time & it showed big time, they'll be better next week but I'd be benching Moody & letting the big fella wreak some early scrum-time havoc, who cares if he's a pot plant otherwise.

Blew me away how quick Pearce was to YC the French guy, when I heard the double-whistle I thought he was gunna warn them for persistently lying at the back of our ruck, grabbing our 9, etc, all that shit AB's get crucified on here for but no-one mentions when it's the other guys doing it......

SCane very fortunate not to be carded & should defo have been dragged immediately for HIA.

Final try clearly wasn't & maybe the TMO would've picked it up had it been referred but then again it was George so maybe not.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ABs have had 38 players carded and their opposition have had 22 since 2013.

It's a weird tactic the refs have for rigging matches for them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ah, I see that you have discerned the subtle & cunning nature of the conspiracy. Well done, sir. Well done indeed :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez that Bok/Pom game was a ripper, if you didn't watch it I suggest catching a replay if you can. The Bokke are going to be pretty tough in the RC.
AB test I watched in a pub in city before Wallaby test, and if the fellas watching the game in Yellow jerseys who were all for the French are any indication there certainly needs to be a few law books left around pub tables, I thought the ref made a couple of mistakes ( one being the yellow card) but some of what they were moaning about was crazy. I realise that for a lot of the people who watched the test are so desperate to see the ABs lose they see only what they want. It's like when you watch Wallabies (or Kiwis watching ABs etc) they really are better to just not say anything (or perhaps posting).

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Too many players with little or no recent game time & it showed big time, they'll be better next week but I'd be benching Moody & letting the big fella wreak some early scrum-time havoc, who cares if he's a pot plant otherwise.

Blew me away how quick Pearce was to YC the French guy, when I heard the double-whistle I thought he was gunna warn them for persistently lying at the back of our ruck, grabbing our 9, etc, all that shit AB's get crucified on here for but no-one mentions when it's the other guys doing it..

SCane very fortunate not to be carded & should defo have been dragged immediately for HIA.

Final try clearly wasn't & maybe the TMO would've picked it up had it been referred but then again it was George so maybe not.

Very fortunate is a massive understatement but no shock. If you really think the NZ team get the worst of the “ rub of the green stuff” in any game at Test or Super level you are kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
You have way too much time your hands.
people keep saying this to me and I've never understood it. Like they have ideas as to how I could better use my time. Oh really? Let's hear them then.
"Go to work." That place is where I have my WORST ideas. Terrible option. Besides which it's the weekend, drongos.
"Spend time with your family." Sensible option I suppose. WRONG. Far too moored, mired and marooned in the minutiae of reality. Besides, it might entail going out and I hate going out.
"Self improvement." Go f***k yourself.
"Go fishing." "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted at all. Unless you're fishing." l0ll, like I can be fucked walking around some riverside tussock looking for beached fish to put in my little net thing, AKA, fishing "Teach" style.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/rugby/grosso-cops-double-high-tackle/cji8754nj006q0iqn94n7z6sf

For mine Sam Kane first makes contact with the jaw of the French player. All year this has been an entry level yellow card. Ofa then makes contact to the head of the French player with a high level of force. Entry level is yellow and then the degree of force makes it a Red card offence, just like SBW last year.

If they do not both get cited then NZ is indeed getting favourable treatment. No doubt their tame QC (Quade Cooper) mouth (lying) piece has already judged it to be as Hansen says one of "those things." In other comments Hansen has been whining about not being cheat shit bags and harping on about evidence and even brought in McCaw in an ill advised example of how systemic cheating is not part of the All Black way.

Given the ruling of the NZ mouth piece for Moody was that his "clean" record allowed a single match ban despite the fact that his clean record was clean because he had a previous ban commuted because of his clean record.

Shit does happen in Rugby and the defence that the French player was falling into the tackle of Ofa is indeed valid, but that is mitigation, precedent has been well and truly established that the tackler has a total responsibility to execute the tackle with safety the utmost consideration. There is no defence for Kane's high tackle. first contact as shown in the video is with the jaw. If both players are not cited and action taken and meaningful action then perception that the ABs get favourable treatment will get reinforced and validated.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/rugby/grosso-cops-double-high-tackle/cji8754nj006q0iqn94n7z6sf

For mine Sam Kane first makes contact with the jaw of the French player. All year this has been an entry level yellow card. Ofa then makes contact to the head of the French player with a high level of force. Entry level is yellow and then the degree of force makes it a Red card offence, just like SBW last year.

It's not really like the SBW one. For a start the French player was falling into the tackle and secondly, SBW didn't use his arms. One mitigating factor for Ofa and one exacerbating factor for SBW. I don't think that was necessarily a straight red.

And if Cane's offence is a yellow - as you said you thought would be consistent with other rulings - why would it require a citing when that's for red card level offences.

I suspect Ofa will get cited, Cane may not.

Also, Moody didn't have a previous ban commuted, his offence was ruled to be below the level required for a citing.

Status
Not open for further replies.