• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kane Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Kane had a case of second year blues in Super Rugby in 2011 and it'd seem he had a mild dose of second jumper blues with the Wallabies in Safferland last month. Good to see he's well and truly over it with his performance last night. If Cheika wants the Waratahs to play with a harder edge next year a more mature Douglas should suit his plans perfectly.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kane had a case of second year blues in Super Rugby in 2011 and it'd seem he had a mild dose of second jumper blues with the Wallabies in Safferland last month. Good to see he's well and truly over it with his performance last night. If Cheika wants the Waratahs to play with a harder edge next year a more mature Douglas should suit his plans perfectly.

Yeah, he is that type of guy that just relishes the physical contest. Unfortunately, it is a rare quality for a Wallaby forward. He also seems to be very effective in shifting bodies. I think you are right there Lindo, as he matures he will really start to develop a hard edge.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Horwill is fairly tough, as well. Stephen Moore. TPN in between rests.

A young bloke on the way up who looks tough to me is Salesi Manu. A way to go, but maybe not all that far.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep the fact that he wanted to go out there and belt people is a good sign, he looks for the collisions, he races out of the line to put the shot on. The hit on Read was a beauty.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Salesi Manu was a bit of a gentle giant at school and when I saw him for Manly before he came over to the Rats in 2011.

He seemed to change about the time he switched and when Salesi Ma'afu was injured earlier this year he was playing some hard nosed rugby for the Force. He shifted a few bodies when I watched him play for North Harbour also.

Not quite to the point but I have to congratulate Deans for getting guys who can do the physical stuff including bending the line and shifting people. I can't remember seeing an All Black team beaten at the counter-ruck as at Suncorp by the Wobs yesterday.

They have to be more consistent at it but it looks like Deans has identified the right personnel.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Horwill is fairly tough, as well. Stephen Moore. TPN in between rests.

A young bloke on the way up who looks tough to me is Salesi Manu. A way to go, but maybe not all that far.
So true last night too. Made some good hits, a couple of good runs, then dropped it cold and threw it awry at the wrong times. Needed more rests. So much better an option when Moore is around, as we can get the best from him, rather than trying to play him 70 + minutes. No reflection on Chibba Hanson.
Looking forward to watching Douglas and Timani in 2013 at the Tahs.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The silver lining of all of our injuries are that we have had to throw the likes of Douglas & Hooper into the deep end, exposed the likes of Cummins, Tapuai & perservered with Timani who is starting to repay the faith (real shame he had to finish up early last night).

Status
Not open for further replies.