• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not sure that this is enough to get a spot in @Dismal Pillock's All Time Crims XV.
If he wants Matthew Ridge's fullback's jersey he's going to have to sell millions of dollars worth of coke.

Get busy Khunt!

As it stands a wing spot will require murder or, at the very least, attempted armed hold-up. Selling some souped-up bags of polyfilla aint in the same league iHomo.

Bench spot for a back will require GBH, bare minimum.

WTG beckons. We have a drongo in there who actually thought it would be a good use of his athletic abilities to jump up and down on a parked car.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Karmichael has been stood down at this stage.

And to clarify, he hasn't been arrested or charged at this point, he has a notice to appear in court.

What do you think a Notice to Appear is ?

The Notice says what the Charge is.

The system doesn't issue them for persons to appear before the Courts "to help them with their enquiries"

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Its a technicality that works a bit differently between states.

Effectively, he's been charged. Sure as shit if he doesn't turn up on the appointed date, he is red-hot fucked with a poker.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Its a technicality that works a bit differently between states.

Effectively, he's been charged. Sure as shit if he doesn't turn up on the appointed date, he is red-hot fucked with a poker.

We'll, in this State a Failure yo Appear will result in a Warrant being issued on that day.

The Arrest Warrant remains for Life (or death) or until the person has been dealt with, whichever is the sooner.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
JOC (James O'Connor) to play the house down, become the messiah for Qld rugby and play 100 games in Red.

Stranger things have happened.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The CCC have arrested him but he hasn't been arrested by police. Any Lawyers here want to comment what that means?

The guys on Foxtel said he hadn't been arrested but summonsed to appear and answer questions.

I will. I would wager he was issued with a Notice to Appear. It's really up to the arresting officer whether they issue a Notice to Appear or bring someone into the station. For a guy like Hunt, it's more appropriate for the Police to issue a NTA. btw the CCC don't arrest people, the QPS do the dirty work

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
On which planet is this just recreational? Let's increase junior participation by the ARU increasing fees for someone who in no way endorses the code of conduct. This wasn't Joe Plod finding him with a recreational supply.

I don't quite understand your argument Keiran. I'm not condoning what Hunt has dont (if he's guilty, and he is presumed innocent).

Firstly, we don't yet know anything about the facts; the facts will come in time. But from what I have gathered, he's accused of sourcing cocaine from a cocaine supplier that was being investigated by the CCC.

The charge of supply is a very broad charge. It can be as serious as "dealing drugs for profit" or as minor as buying drugs for a bunch of friends. I'd wage its something close to the latter. I highly suspect the allegations will be that Hunt sourced cocaine for friends and/or himself. It's a recreational drug use issue. Refer back to my post (#184) for my thoughts on that issue.

If it becomes apparent that Hunt's involvement is any more serious I'm happy to be proven wrong.

T

TOCC

yes. im a commercial lawyer these days but have a pretty extension history in crim law. so I can answer most questions if you have any TOCC

Thanks mate, you've already answered a few of the questions, was just trying to work out who was a wiki-expert and who was an actual professional.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
are there any actual lawyers on this forum?
Maybe.......
I don't quit understand your argument Keiran. I'm not condoning what Hunt has dont (if he's guilty, and he is presumed innocent).

Firstly, we don't yet know anything about the facts; the facts will come in time. But from what I have gathered, he's accused of sourcing cocaine from a cocaine supplier that was being investigated by the CCC.

The charge of supply is a very broad charge. It can be as serious as "dealing drugs for profit" or as minor as buying drugs for a bunch of friends. I'd wage its something close to the latter. I highly suspect the allegations will be that Hunt sourced cocaine for friends and/or himself. It's a recreational drug use issue. Refer back to my post (#184) for my thoughts on that issue.

If it becomes apparent that Hunt's involvement is any more serious I'm happy to be proven wrong.
While the SMH is still reporting the refuted June to December time frame it also says:
It's believed the most recent arrests are linked to those involving the cocaine supply charges levelled against former State of Origin players Jason Smith and Matt Seers.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Innocent until proven guilty so let him play I say (as we've bloody no one half decent available to replace him)

Quade kept playing while the laptop saga was going on didn't he??

Digby and the punchup in the pub??

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I think if you legalised things like cocaine, and provided a clean government-run source, the use of other drugs would drop dramatically. Not to mention criminal activity around drugs is effectively removed.

As far as regulations and legal issues go: Tasmania is the biggest producer of poppy for legal opiates in the world.
Ever heard of chop chop?As with the arguments on lack of serious impact to recreational users I'd suggest significantly more research. All drugs cause physiological changes, it's a matter of concentration of drug and genetics how significant the changes will be and how permanent they are. If currently prohibited drugs are legalised fine I want all treatment for associated health conditions to be funded from the taxes raised and not one cent more. Also no private health funds to cover any associated conditions. Self inflicted harm, your choice live with it.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The matter is simple.

If the substance is illegal then fuck off or be fucked off.

Zero tolerance in matters such as this.

We, collectively have a responsibility to the impressionable youth in our rugby community and those in the community at large.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
What do you think a Notice to Appear is ?

The Notice says what the Charge is.

The system doesn't issue them for persons to appear before the Courts "to help them with their enquiries"
An NTA only needs to have sufficient wording to give an average person an understanding of what they are being charged for. This does not even have to be the words of the charge but enough info for them to know what is occurring.

this NTA must be received at the court within three days of issue and the actual charge and paperwork for the court setting out a basic overview of what the offender did needs to be at court 5 days prior to the court date.

Khunt should also have been given an Identifying Particulars Notice- this is to attend and have photos of his face and tatoos taken as well as finger printing. This would be within seven days of receiving the IDP notice or another offence would occur.

Interesting to see some people say he will have to now play overseas, I think he will be lucky to be able to travel with this potentially on his record.

Status
Not open for further replies.