• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt charged with cocaine supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
.apparently the police were called after the Red/Brumbies game when an unknown white substance was found close by to a number of the Queensland players. On further analysis it was determioned to be the try line..

their own try line!
We are only at Page 4 for a serious drug charge.

Shows the pulling power of Kurtley - 100 odd pages (I thinK) for a shitty sms

In 2 hours? Reds supporters seem to have lost all faith - we'll get there

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
It would suggest that he personally knew a member of the syndicate wouldn't it? Say a fellow ex state of origin player as an example.
And if all the rumours are true (and I know a couple of sources that are close enough to suggest they are) I hope he gets done. It is annoying to see a bloke treated like he is God when he is caught up in drugs. Mind you, it will probably pave his way to being named an immortal.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
.apparently the police were called after the Red/Brumbies game when an unknown white substance was found close by to a number of the Queensland players. On further analysis it was determioned to be the try line..

Must of been Queensland cops the Act boys found it pretty quickly and on a number of times ;)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Worked with Andrew Johns who admitted taking shit from when he was 19. All records of the bloke should have been extinquished !!!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Back to the mungos with a PR sob story about how rugby hung him out to dry?

He won't make much money in Union anymore... Pretty sure Japan\England\France don't like someone elses drug dealer. (of course if his convicted).

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
This is going to prove very disruptive to the Reds tomorrow night.
Especially as he was made a vice-captain before playing a competitive game.
If there were others involved in the Reds, they would well & truly be looking over their shoulder.
Force by 50

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I wouldn't jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts. Yes, being charged with a crime tarnishes anyone's reputation and obviously the organisations that they are a part of. Supplying cocaine can be as trivial as OFFERING to hold a drug for a friend and passing it on to a third party. People can make their assumptions that he's this that, a drug dealer, a drugo... but those are unsubstantiated

T

TOCC

And if all the rumours are true (and I know a couple of sources that are close enough to suggest they are) I hope he gets done. It is annoying to see a bloke treated like he is God when he is caught up in drugs. Mind you, it will probably pave his way to being named an immortal.

Its funny how when these things happen everyone always seems to know a source close to the issue :/

If you are as close to the source as you claim then expect a phone call from the CMC

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I don't know if this has been posted but 10:15 media release from the Reds and the ARU. Looks like they're caught on the hop as well

Joint Australian Rugby Union and Queensland Rugby Union statement:

The Australian Rugby Union and Queensland Rugby Union are aware of reports regarding Karmichael Hunt.

The ARU’s Integrity team and the Queensland Rugby Union are making enquiries into the reports.

We’ll be in a position to comment in more detail once those enquiries have progressed

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jim Carmichael would be beside himself.

It WAS a good decision at the time (I reckon).

Jim's pretty good at damage control.

Reds to man up Sat night - siege mentality and all that

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
I don't know if this has been posted but 10:15 media release from the Reds and the ARU. Looks like they're caught on the hop as well

Joint Australian Rugby Union and Queensland Rugby Union statement:

The Australian Rugby Union and Queensland Rugby Union are aware of reports regarding Karmichael Hunt.

The ARU’s Integrity team and the Queensland Rugby Union are making enquiries into the reports.

We’ll be in a position to comment in more detail once those enquiries have progressed

That's enough reason to stand him down immediately imo. They should have had notice from Hunt and should have had a statement out before the media got on it. If Pfitzy knew yesterday, and someone at my club knew last night, there is no reason the ARU/QRU couldn't have a statement prepared for release first thing this morning.

T

TOCC

The court case isn't until March 5th...

Innocent until proven guilty IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

The SMH will absolutely crucify the guy (with truth or falsehood - it won't matter).

Can't wait to see what Georgina Robinson has to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Interesting to see what happens to Hunt this season. I suspect his contract probably have clauses which allow immediate terminate for even being charged with these types of offences. No point in "suspending" him, given that the prosecution is unlikely to be resolved by the end of the season. I reckon you either back him, or you cut him loose. If he intends to plead not guilty, I'd prefer to see them back him.

Status
Not open for further replies.