• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
8 of 9 QPR clubs voted he has no involvement.
No idea what value that vote has...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The only people holding him to higher level is you and people like you. Do you hold actors to a higher standard? Politicians? Musicians?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I believe you missed my point. Or maybe it was not well made.

Hunt may not want to be a community role model, but he is would be well aware that there are standards of behaviour that he is expected to adhere to maintain his good standing with the organisation. That is something he willingly signed up for. Nobody twisted his arm.

I’m no wowser and nor am I anyone’s moral compass. I genuinely feel that if a person is part of an organisation and they stuff up then an organisation should try and assist them. But I don’t think that assistance has to include allowing them to play again and, in this case, I think that applies.

I am constantly dismayed at the behaviour of politicians, and, for that matter members of my own profession.

Musicians & actors I don’t feel operate in the same job dynamics - but there are certainly plenty whose antics I find appalling.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Wow that's really weird I wonder if the QRU and ARU are at cross purposes and the ARU have the say over the disciplinary matters and the QRU only control him playing Super Rugby and Club Rugby...

I did previously speculate that this is unlikely to be the case and I do think it is but it's kind of looking that way. Perhaps a Quade release to another Super Rugby side (something the ARU are apparently pushing for, but the Reds are trying to avoid for obvious reasons) could be used as leverage in this Hunt matter.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Wow that's really weird I wonder if the QRU and ARU are at cross purposes and the ARU have the say over the disciplinary matters and the QRU only control him playing Super Rugby and Club Rugby.

I did previously speculate that this is unlikely to be the case and I do think it is but it's kind of looking that way. Perhaps a Quade release to another Super Rugby side (something the ARU are apparently pushing for, but the Reds are trying to avoid for obvious reasons) could be used as leverage in this Hunt matter.
I don’t think the reds are standing in the way of QC (Quade Cooper) going to another club

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I don’t think the reds are standing in the way of QC (Quade Cooper) going to another club

Releasing him to another Super Rugby Club -- in their conference, for less money than they are having to pay him, they'd never be down for that. Perhaps if they were rid of his contract (so the team offers Quade the same amount of money) but the Reds would still make an opposition better and gain no benefit. It's not even like they could use his salary cap money for something.

Going to another Aussie Super Rugby Club for less than his full contract, isn't going to happen, I doubt they'd even let him go for his full contract without some kind of kick back, it sucks but that's likely how it is.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
That’s exactly what they were down for..

Absolutely. Few options for them if Quade genuinely wishes to stay in Brisbane. They would have to make a genuine offer to move him. It won't come for free. The Reds don't have "free" available as an option here. And very few options within "damage control".

You'd presume that the Waratahs don't need or want him. Rebels will not manage the wage bill short of Reds coughing up. Not sure what the Brumbies would think either. Force I'll bet is in the thinking somewhere.

Presuming that Quade wants game time, do either the Rebels or Brumbies or Force seriously offer him more than Souths? QRU need some decent negotiators to pull this off. To force the issue, presuming they want to do this, would require a willingness by QRU (and the funds) to cut him.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
That’s exactly what they were down for..

The Reds wouldn't want to send an outstanding playmaker to one of their conference competition. Even if Quade is bad, he's gotta be better than whoever the Rebels are playing at 10. To waiting a few months and him going to Japan/Europe is a far better solution.

T

TOCC

The Reds wouldn't want to send an outstanding playmaker to one of their conference competition. Even if Quade is bad, he's gotta be better than whoever the Rebels are playing at 10. To waiting a few months and him going to Japan/Europe is a far better solution.

That’s exactly what happened though, Rebels said no.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Absolutely. Few options for them if Quade genuinely wishes to stay in Brisbane. They would have to make a genuine offer to move him. It won't come for free. The Reds don't have "free" available as an option here. And very few options within "damage control".

You'd presume that the Waratahs don't need or want him. Rebels will not manage the wage bill short of Reds coughing up. Not sure what the Brumbies would think either. Force I'll bet is in the thinking somewhere.

Presuming that Quade wants game time, do either the Rebels or Brumbies or Force seriously offer him more than Souths? QRU need some decent negotiators to pull this off. To force the issue, presuming they want to do this, would require a willingness by QRU (and the funds) to cut him.
Yes you would think Force would be in the thinking as would still get ARU top up Component if went to the force. Probably only realistic oz option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.