• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Final verdict from the ARU, Karmichael fined $10k and banned for four games(backdated).

To put it into perspective, Karmichael has earned in vicinity of $200k from the ARU/QRU since his indiscretion in December, and he is now been fined just $10k and welcomed back to work on Monday, thats the equivalent of 5 days earnings for Karmichael.

If thats the punishment then so be it, but it is weak as piss if you ask me. Enjoy playing in the Premier Grade Karmichael, I hope the QRU make you play every single game possible, you can now earn your money raising the profile of whatever QPR club accommodates you.

Try to remember that he was not found guilty of any drug charge other than carrying just one of his wife's pills for which he didn't have a prescription (the charge), and he didn't report in at the required time for a fingerprint take.
Talk about histronics in social media, we have it right here sadly.
Thorn will make the decision as to whether he plays for the Reds, or not. End of story

T

TOCC

Try to remember that he was not found guilty of any drug charge other than carrying just one of his wife's pills for which he didn't have a prescription (the charge), and he didn't report in at the required time for a fingerprint take.
Talk about histronics in social media, we have it right here sadly.
Thorn will make the decision as to whether he plays for the Reds, or not. End of story

If it were his first time been associated with drugs, but sadly it’s not...

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
but his 'value' is subjective..

-His marketing value is gone, sponsors won't pay to be aligned to him.

-His 'leadership and cultural value' is also gone, and its up to Thorn to determine whether he wants that around a group of young easily influenced players.

-His 'playing value' is all that he retains.

Yes but irony is if starts playing again and does well you would be surprised how quickly this latest drama will fade. The question of course is whether they choose to play him for the Reds in view of current sponsor/fans positions.

If media reports correct on sponsor uproar and risk of losing sponsors then he definitely won't play again for the Reds again and surely would not waste what is left of his career playing out his contract in grade.

Personally I would rather they just play him...but that is just me and I understand if sponsors not on board then that is not likely feasible.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
^^ so Reds sponsors are apparently in uproar about Hunt, but Bronco sponsors are fine with Hodge. Go figure.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
^^ so Reds sponsors are apparently in uproar about Hunt, but Bronco sponsors are fine with Hodge. Go figure.

I guess that is why I prefer they play KHunt....as compared to what Lodge done I do view on different scale personally....ok sort of second offence you say - but he was cleared by the courts was he not....just let him play and lets all move on I reckon....

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
It then begs the question if the Reds could be the point of difference in that market place and act without the external pressures. The sponsors like the public like to align with good roles models.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
but his 'value' is subjective..

-His marketing value is gone, sponsors won't pay to be aligned to him.
-His 'leadership and cultural value' is also gone, and its up to Thorn to determine whether he wants that around a group of young easily influenced players.
-His 'playing value' is all that he retains.

Yeah sure. "His 'playing value' is all that he retains." Let's be clear, his perceived value to the Reds is in him playing, his other values are de-rated. On a pure objectrive attempt to minimise the commercial loss, what is the Reds next logical step?

And that step should be hindered by nothing other than the HC.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Marto was talking about him on the radio this morning and said many at the Reds (didn't name anyone) want him nowhere near the team. The players we have are pulling together and doing the job without him. They do not want to muck with the chemistry and vibe going on in the team.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It then begs the question if the Reds could be the point of difference in that market place and act without the external pressures. The sponsors like the public like to align with good roles models.

As per Half's comment above, make no mistake sponsors are not acting out of any moral stand. They want to align themselves with success because success = greater coverage. It'slike the myth that CBA didn't back Adani due to some Moral/Green stance.

T

TOCC

Yeah sure. "His 'playing value' is all that he retains." Let's be clear, his perceived value to the Reds is in him playing, his other values are de-rated. On a pure objectrive attempt to minimise the commercial loss, what is the Reds next logical step?

And that step should be hindered by nothing other than the HC.

Very few clubs can extract the best “playing value” out of a player without the right cultural foundations in place. That’s what the next assessment will be, what’s his ‘cultural and leadership value’ is he a negative influence on a young and receptive playing group. It’s a key factor especially for someone like Thorn who hasn’t he being afraid to show his hand in dealing with players who he deems a negative influence on the team.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
It seems to me that Thorne doesn't give a shit about what anyone else thinks. I am pretty sure sponsors and fans included.

I would think RA were opening the door and want him to play.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)

Not sure about this or not, I don't follow the Broncos closely enough to have any idea, but this got me thinking... What about Hunt making a move back to League (assuming the Reds don't want him)?

Not sure what the ARU's contract says but is it possible he is Wallabies eligible and playing Rugby League? (I suspect not, but I ask it for the LOL's factor.)

Would the Broncos even want / have a use for someone like Hunt? Surely he's a bit of a legend at the Broncos still?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Marto was talking about him on the radio this morning and said many at the Reds (didn't name anyone) want him nowhere near the team. The players we have are pulling together and doing the job without him. They do not want to muck with the chemistry and vibe going on in the team.

Heard that too Redstragic, but it being Marto I find it hard to believe him as he is known to stretch the truth. He also went on to say that QRU who were broke etc were still paying him half a mill a year, but would continue do to so and not let him play, when in truth we know that ARU are paying a lot of that money. I know the ARU probably couldn't dump him because he actually hasn't done enough legally, and I wondered if they though by trying to put it behind them etc, they may make it easier for him to get overseas contract, and off their books?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
If there isn't a line in K Hunt's contract somewhere that reads close to: ""if Player has engaged in personal conduct reasonably judged by Club to adversely affect or reflect on Club, then Club may terminate this contract."

I'd be pretty surprised.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Would the Broncos even want / have a use for someone like Hunt? Surely he's a bit of a legend at the Broncos still?

They have a need for a decent 6 which is a spot K could play but it's very unlikely they've got a spare $500-$600k in their salary cap.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.