• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rugbywhisperer

reports this morning on Fox Sport K. Hunt is off to either Japan or France for 2010 - familiar story?

Brisbane Broncos star Karmichael Hunt to play rugby in 2010
By Matt Marshall
July 02, 2009 .Brisbane Broncos star Karmichael Hunt will play rugby union next year because of his burning desire to experience a new culture overseas.

The 22-year-old fullback is set to venture to a rugby union club in England, France or Japan in 2010 with girlfriend Emma Harding.

"The thought of going overseas is appealing to me now that I am happily settled with Emma," Hunt said.

"The life experience overseas is definitely appealing. I've been at home all my life, I've been in Brisbane for half of it. We're a couple who like to experience different cultures and enjoy new experiences so going abroad would satisfy that hunger."

Breaking his silence on the reasons behind his imminent exit from Red Hill, which he will officially announce after Origin III, Hunt has quashed reports he is disillusioned in the NRL.

But he declared there were no guarantees he would ever return to Brisbane, a club that long earmarked him as a logical captaincy successor to champion Darren Lockyer.

"I'm in a wonderful position where I have the ability to play at the elite level in other sports which are played internationally," he said.

Hunt rejected the notion his exit was directly related to his involvement in last September's infamous Broncos sex scandal and its ugly fallout.

He has found contentment in his personal life in 2009 after mending his relationship with Harding after a soul-searching trip to his native Cook Islands last summer.

While shielding himself away from the public eye, he has played with trademark toughness and consistency throughout this season.

With his life back on track, the pair are looking forward to a new period in their lives abroad, meaning the star will also walk away from Queensland's history-making Origin side after game three.

"I've been lucky enough to have achieved a lot at a young age by playing over 100 NRL games, Test matches and State of Origin," Hunt said.

"All these goals are what I set out to achieve as a 17-year-old.

"I'm very close (to announcing my future). It's just the time of the year that's not right for me to come out with my decision. I don't want to take the focus off Origin.

"When I make my decision it will be for the right reasons, doing the best thing for Emma, my family and I."

Having rejected Brisbane's final three-year, $1.25million offer earlier this year, Hunt has since weighed up offers from the UK Super League and English, French and Japanese rugby.

H

Harfish

Maybe the ARU could use their Lote fund to sign him...

R

rugbywhisperer

Hope not - time for a change of thinking - have them earn their stripes before we promote them above others.
yes he playes Aust Schools in rugby, buthe has to come through the ranks.
But wow, if he plays rugby like he did back in 03 as a schoolboy, he will be great to watch - he is one talent that should make a feast of it. he works hard, genuinely loves rugby and is a talented player in 2 or 3 positions.

H

Harfish

He was eligible to play for the Kiwis in league, does his Australian Schoolboys play rule his playing for the All Blacks out?

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Khunt.

Khhhhhhunt.

Khunter.

It just sounds good.

Go overseas - have a good time. .. learn the gentleman's game.
I know I'd rather be in europe earning euros than Brisbane getting followed shitty news reporters waiting for me to fhuck a groupie in the toilets.

It's a good life in Brissie, but not so much when you're not allowed enjoy it. Perfectly acceptable to screw around in France btw.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
eddo said:
Harfish said:
He was eligible to play for the Kiwis in league, does his Australian Schoolboys play rule his playing for the All Blacks out?

No

Not that the AB's would bother buying him before SBW or Nick Evans back.
No shortage at 15 either for the ABs with Corey Jane doing the bizness during the IVECO. Can't kick for shit though.

H

Harfish

Harfish said:

Geez, put me one trial for crimes against the English language with that post.

In saying that, you're right in that the ABs don't need another 15, but with Smith and Kahui injury prone and Toeava not up to it, we could use another centre. Then again, SBW is likely to put more bums on seats.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Hunt is a bit like Dave Lyons - actually peaked as an 18 year old and has gone steadily downhill thereafter.

R

rugbywhisperer

Big call there Naza, i do however disagree as we haven't actually seen him at Rugby since then. I personally think he would be great if or when he returned, as long as he leaved his bunny hop at league.

T

TOCC

Hunt reminds me of Berrick Barnes, both are great talents but do the hard yards first, its rare that one of them will throw the speculative pass or take the bad option. Hunt is a deadset awsome player, he isnt spectacular, but you can rely on him to do everything right, i cant remember the last time i saw him drop a highball or be stood up in defence.

Probably has a lot to do withe there early coaching influence(bennet)

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
rugbywhisperer said:
Big call there Naza, i do however disagree as we haven't actually seen him at Rugby since then. I personally think he would be great if or when he returned, as long as he leaved his bunny hop at league.

He was never that quick yet at only 22 has already lost a lot of pace. His injuries have curbed his effectiveness, and it appears his shoulder problem is chronic. His shoulder charge defence would be good if your plan is to concede 9 points a game out of the gate. And what does one get in return ? He lacks the pace and creativity to counter. He hasn't developed a well rounded game with passing and kicking skills. He is utterly predictable. His willingness to play for either Australia or NZ indicates his lack of personal integrity. He has a love for snorting powder and (allegedly) sexually assaulting young ladies. He also has swine flu but played anyway. Yes, we're utterly mad for not snapping him up.

Christ, the more time I spend on here, the more I'm convinced you lot are utterly fucking clueless.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
cyclopath said:
naza said:
Christ, the more time I spend on here, the more I'm convinced you lot are utterly fucking clueless.
Simple solution to your dilemma.

Keep educating you gimps and hope you eventually catch up ?

T

TOCC

naza said:
rugbywhisperer said:

He was never that quick yet at only 22 has already lost a lot of pace. His injuries have curbed his effectiveness, and it appears his shoulder problem is chronic. His shoulder charge defence would be good if your plan is to concede 9 points a game out of the gate. And what does one get in return ? He lacks the pace and creativity to counter. He hasn't developed a well rounded game with passing and kicking skills. He is utterly predictable. His willingness to play for either Australia or NZ indicates his lack of personal integrity. He has a love for snorting powder and (allegedly) sexually assaulting young ladies. He also has swine flu but played anyway. Yes, we're utterly mad for not snapping him up.

i think many of those assumptions of him just go to show how little you really know about his game

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
TOCC said:
naza said:
rugbywhisperer said:

i think many of those assumptions of him just go to show how little you really know about his game

These are facts. What is in dispute ?

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24117483-10389,00.html

"I probably need to get some variety in my game.."

After witnessing Seymour crunch his former Broncos teammate, Gould lauded Hunt's toughness but added: "You wonder how sore Karmichael Hunt must wake up each week."

Status
Not open for further replies.