• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Karmichael Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Hunt made a good fist of things but it was obvious he was new to being fly half. Stood deep and passed poorly. Made some strong runs, put in some good tackles and nice kicks. He is quite powerful in the tackle.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Spook said:
Hunt made a good fist of things but it was obvious he was new to being fly half. Stood deep and passed poorly. Made some strong runs, put in some good tackles and nice kicks. He is quite powerful in the tackle.
Did they say why he was selected there? Was it due to his defence and munster targeting that channel? Seemed like a left field selection for such a big match...

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I thought he went quite well considering that this was one of his first games, if not his first, at 5/8. He tackled like a backrower and played a bit like one in the second half. I always thought he was best suited to lock in League and would have ended up there if he stayed in the game. I think he would develop in to quite a good player if he stayed playing rugby. Maybe he will return after the AFL thing ends.

I'm looking forward to the final in a few weeks.

C

chief

Its disappointing that I'm not seeing Biaritzz in the Top 14 finals. Being in the HEC final, yet not making the Top 14 must be a bit of a disappointment.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
chief said:
Its disappointing that I'm not seeing Biaritzz in the Top 14 finals. Being in the HEC final, yet not making the Top 14 must be a bit of a disappointment.
True. But if they hadn't of won yesterday they would miss out on HEC qualification for next year, so I'd say there's a bit of relief there...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Too much kicking in the game and they didn't seem interested in getting fast ball. Sloppy game at times too and not much enterprise. Perhaps I am being too harsh of a judge though.

HairyDonkey is nuts and should've been subbed a long time earlier. Tough bastard.

Hunt didn't get the ball much in phase play. He seemed to be cut out a lot. Wonder if he was chosen to tackle like a demon. Had some nice touches at times though.

S

Spook

Do you think KAR-MIKE HUNT had the KAR prefix prepended at some point?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He did well in the Butch James style, tackled hard and kicked OK. But that was only possible because he had a 9 the quality of Yachvili doing all the thinking and organising

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Biarritz looked fairly directionless in the 1st 40 despite getting quite a bit of ball to play with. Plenty of mistakes though. I don't blame Hunt for that, it was always going to be a tough ask for the young fella.

Hunt and the Yack interchanged quite a bit as well which helped Hunt settle into the game a bit.

Agree with others he was excellent in the tackle and it was interesting hearing one commentator saying that Munster should attack the 10 corridor, but the other saying Hunt was an excellent tackler and he definitely showed his robust league style in that facet.

I think he could easily grow into the position, and good luck to him

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If KH's paid so much moolah playing rugby in France and enjoying it while winning along the way it's not hard to imagine him going back to rugby in 2012. Taking up a new code's a massive challenge, and fraught with danger. He'll be up against blokes who've played Aussie Rules since they were six, all those intuitive things like handballing and leading come naturally to them. It's hard enough for rugby players to switch from one variant to another, but a completely different code? I can honestly see Hunt struggling in AFL and returning to league or union.

There again he might want to give soccer a shot in years to come. ::) ::) ::)

T

tranquility

He is actually a really good basketballer.

There was talk when he was at school that he would have to choose between the four. Come next year he will only have one more to cross off.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
tranquility said:
He is actually a really good basketballer.

There was talk when he was at school that he would have to choose between the four. Come next year he will only have one more to cross off.

And the way the NBL is these days he probably could get a gig....

T

tranquility

K was the best rugby player I saw come out of Churchie and his competition includes Quade, Pocock, Shatz, Matt Brandon, Tom Hockings, Dom Fuller, Aidan Toua etc etc.

However he also developed earlier so that may have played a big hand in things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom