• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Of course I do. I am just being realistic. We are talking about a 24 year old kid here. We're probably all a bit older and a bit wiser then we were at that age. I'm sure most of us were never quite as stupid as he is. As I said I would have like KB (Kurtley Beale) booted as he has just had too many chances. But 45k fine is not insignificant. (My wife, who is a woman, concurs). I think thee are just too many people on their moral high horsies prepared to pass judgement on a situation they probably only know 10% of the facts.

And a few that don't know the difference between morals and ethics.
We have had two of your post reported already. Now would be a very good time to let this go.

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
Part of KB (Kurtley Beale)'s statement. He's sorry........again.

But in a statement, Beale apologised for breaching the code of conduct, saying: "I am satisfied with tonight's outcome.

"There was conjecture about my contract being terminated, however the tribunal agreed that on the basis of the evidence that a fine was appropriate.

"I'm relieved there is no termination and no suspension and I can now continue playing rugby.

"I'm also happy the evidence presented to the tribunal did not establish that I sent the second text and photograph.

"This is why I fought so hard to prove my innocence regarding that text."

"I'd like to apologise to Di Patston and the broader community for my behaviour, particularly to rugby fans.

"I have had a fair hearing tonight and will work to re-gain the respect of my team mates, fans and the general Australian community.

"I am extremely proud to represent my country, and I will work hard to ensure my behaviour reflects the honour and privilege of playing for Australia at all times, on and off the field."

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Not sure how anyone in the Wallabies 23 + coach last Bledisloe condoned sexism and harassment. But I'm sure you'll tell me you expected them to stand down or something.

Mate, if you missed it, the ARU just slapped Beale on the wrist after he sent an offensive and derogatory photo to one of the few (only?) female staff members in the setup in reference to her appearance. And that doesn't include the fact that they haven't explained what happened to the texts that apparently "weren't written by him" but he so vehemently apologised for.

But even if you don't consider the texts, this guy has had a long history of disrespecting the opportunities and 35 '2nd chances' he's gotten, and still gets away with blatant and malicious harrasment in the workplace.

He is then immediately available for selection and hsi contract negotiations are reopened.

If that isn't condoning sexism, harassment and all round dickheadedness, then I don't know what is.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Of course I do. I am just being realistic. We are talking about a 24 year old kid here. We're probably all a bit older and a bit wiser then we were at that age. I'm sure most of us were never quite as stupid as he is. As I said I would have like KB (Kurtley Beale) booted as he has just had too many chances. But 45k fine is not insignificant. (My wife, who is a woman, concurs). I think thee are just too many people on their moral high horsies prepared to pass judgement on a situation they probably only know 10% of the facts.

And a few that don't know the difference between morals and ethics.

That's a nice sly dig, however I suggest you look the terms up.

Kurtley is not a 24 year old kid either; 24 is an adult, accountable for his actions. I'm not going to address the rest of your post.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mate, if you missed it, the ARU just slapped Beale on the wrist after he sent an offensive and derogatory photo to one of the few (only?) female staff members in the setup in reference to her appearance. And that doesn't include the fact that they haven't explained what happened to the texts that apparently "weren't written by him" but he so vehemently apologised for.

But even if you don't consider the texts, this guy has had a long history of disrespecting the opportunities and 35 '2nd chances' he's gotten, and still gets away with blatant and malicious harrasment in the workplace.

He is then immediately available for selection and hsi contract negotiations are reopened.

If that isn't condoning sexism, harassment and all round dickheadedness, then I don't know what is.

Again, you're talking about the ARU which is actually not the Wallabies.

The ARU are the bosses of the game of rugby union in Australia. The Wallabies are the Men's National 15 side team. By all means don't support the ARU but I'm missing why the Wallabies don't deserve support.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Again, you're talking about the ARU which is actually not the Wallabies.

The ARU are the bosses of the game of rugby union in Australia. The Wallabies are the Men's National 15 side team. By all means don't support the ARU but I'm missing why the Wallabies don't deserve support.

Because I am making the fairly solid prediction that he will be brought back into the wallabies side and probably given a spot in the match day 23. And if that happens, then they are, by the actions of their coach, condoning the shit decisions and outright moral failure espoused by the ARU tonight.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I assume the tribunal has made a decision based on the facts of the case. Including phone forensics of some sort. This is far more fact than the media and all of us have to go on. So perhaps we need to reduce the outrage. Just a thought!
Fact: Beale sent a disgusting photo of a naked fat women with the text Di attached to it to his mates in Wallaby camp.

What else do you need to know?

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
That's a nice sly dig, however I suggest you look the terms up.

I really didn't need to but here it is FYI.
"Ethics and morals both relate to “right” and “wrong” conduct. However, ethics refer to the series of rules provided to an individual by an external source, e.g. their profession or religion. Morals refer to an individual’s own principles regarding right and wrong."
Let's hope KB (Kurtley Beale) reevaluates his morals too. Ethics are set in place for him to follow, clearly he often chooses not to.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
"Ethics and morals both relate to “right” and “wrong” conduct. However, ethics refer to the series of rules provided to an individual by an external source, e.g. their profession or religion. Morals refer to an individual’s own principles regarding right and wrong."
Let's hope KB (Kurtley Beale) reevaluates his morals too. Ethics are set in place for him to follow, clearly he often chooses not to.
Second chance. Let it go.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
I assume the tribunal has made a decision based on the facts of the case. Including phone forensics of some sort. This is far more fact than the media and all of us have to go on. So perhaps we need to reduce the outrage. Just a thought!

Sorry, but my outrage remains.
1. He sent one if the 2 offensive texts. Was found guilty, so obviously there was no argument that he did it.
2. The text was highly offensive, inappropriate and insulting to a female member of staff.
3. That is on top of his past indiscretions which include violence against team mates.

Yet he still get to represent his country. His behaviour was deplorable and I don't give a rats arse how many times he says sorry. I hope the manager of every single player on an ARU contract is taking notes, each player should now be entitled to as many screw ups as Beale.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You're new to the forum so be aware that people with dark green under their avatars are moderators.

Two of your posts have been reported and you should let this topic go for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.