• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Exactly.
Reports are that Link was sitting next to her.
He should have been able to stop KB (Kurtley Beale) in his tracks,before the situation needed calming down.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Just to play rugby for your country I'd be happy to get paid, and sit at attention for the whole flight with a big grin on my face and a pocket full of jelly beans.

After being belted by the Boks, then having a 4am start to go through customs, check-in, then switch planes, I don't think anyone would have a big grin on their face, and the novelty of 'playing for the Wallabies' would have worn off pretty quickly.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
One article suggested the reason why the universities could not find Patston on their records was that she might have had a change of name, i.e got married. Probably all hot air and irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
If
Lorenzo - you probably don't get paid $10,000 for 10 minutes and yearly contract of Fuck Knows how much.

Just to play rugby for your country I'd be happy to get paid, and sit at attention for the whole flight with a big grin on my face and a pocket full of jelly beans.

No you wouldn't, you would get tired and shitty just like everyone else does regardless of what they are paid or what they are doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Exactly.
Reports are that Link was sitting next to her.
He should have been able to stop KB (Kurtley Beale) in his tracks,before the situation needed calming down.

Precisely my point about Leadership, Management, Respect and the Team Culture.
Hamlet Act 1 Scene 4 Line 90. Marcellus to Horatio.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
I have it on good authority that the incident was the culmination of an argument between Link and Kurtley. It turns out their relationship was more than just coach and player but with the recent announcement of JOC (James O'Connor)'s return, Kurtley wanted to try and reignite the old flame. This upset Link, and Ms Patston, who is actually also Link's illegitimate daughter, tried to defend her father. Upon finding this out, members of the Sydney University Rugby Club, in an attempt to lure Kurtley to play for them, deleted all record of Ms Patston's education and tipped off the media.

Meanwhile, the reason why she had to head home, was because she found out Will Skelton was coming on tour and was concerned about seeing him as the last time they were together their passionate affair had come to an abrupt and ugly end.

Sources will be withheld to protect their identity, but let's just say they would make a great long haired inside centre.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Joeleee please note that watching Neighbours last night does not instantly qualify you to contribute to this thread!

However I will now wait until tomorrow for the next instalment? Will the long haired inside centre kick poorly, drop the ball or run across field?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
All I will say is this better get sorted quick, by hell I really hope the guesswork with Link and this woman is miles from having any truth ,or I can quite honestly say there would need to be a new coach found bloody quick! Why is it that this shit just keeps happening??

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Pretty sad when this POST has 13 pages of informed comment and the matchday game post has only 9.

Come on @Scrubber2050. The "Quade Telling It How It Is" Thread took 3 days to get to 13 pages, a further 5 days to crack 50 pages, and broke the tonne after another 54 days.

There is plenty of life left in this puppy, and we'll have no problem keeping pace with Quades thread provided we can somehow sheet the blame onto one or more of the following: JON, Dingo, JOC (James O'Connor), Quade, The Tahs, the Sydney JRU selectors, or Private School Scholarships.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Come on @Scrubber2050. The "Quade Telling It How It Is" Thread took 3 days to get to 13 pages, a further 5 days to crack 50 pages, and broke the tonne after another 54 days.

There is plenty of life left in this puppy, and we'll have no problem keeping pace with Quades thread provided we can somehow sheet the blame onto one or more of the following: JON, Dingo, JOC (James O'Connor), Quade, The Tahs, the Sydney JRU selectors, or Private School Scholarships.

Bringing Giteau back is the obvious fix......

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Irrespective of whether she is qualified, her role is expanding too far, her role is blurry etc. I am thinking that it certainly sounds as if she has been asked to accept a lot of responsibility for a wide range of issues. Reportedly because Rob Edgerton was let go as manager due to budget constraints.

The performance and conduct of the Wallabies on tour is critically important to the ARU, I hope they have not been cutting costs in the wrong places.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
provided we can somehow sheet the blame onto one or more of the following: JON, Dingo, JOC (James O'Connor), Quade, The Tahs, the Sydney JRU selectors, or Private School Scholarships.

Ok I'll bite:
JON - gave KB (Kurtley Beale) too much in the first place inflating his self worth
Dingo - continued to pick KB (Kurtley Beale) regardless of form inflating his self worth
The Tahs - picked him straight out of school inflating his self worth
Sydney JRU Selectors - offered KB (Kurtley Beale) a place in the U15 team as an 11 year old despite never having played the game inflating his self worth (made up)
Private School Scholars - Joeys gave KB (Kurtley Beale) a scholarship based on his prowess (according to his uncle) thereby inflating his self worth

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The shirt is just another demonstration that the rules are for everyone else.
They obviously have a travelling uniform,how many had to be asked to change into the correct attire?
The fact that Link apparently looked on impotently during the exchange speaks volumes.

WTF?! This is the biggest bullshit comment I have read on this site for some time.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
To take it down another angle, what if this whole thing is purposely being blown out of proportion on order to get some media coverage in Grandfinal week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.