• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Latest SA 3n excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Breaking news

The SA rugby team has elected to go back to Johannesburg two hours into their flight to East Bloomfontein, after the No 3 engine failed on their Qantas Boeing 747.

PDV stated that the loss of the SA Trinations team would have been hugely detrimental to their Rugby World Cup preparation.

"Sure, none of those guys are going to the Rugby World Cup, but SA Rugby would have had to purchase extra tackle bags for the actual RWC squad".

"Those bags are expensive and we have trouble getting them in the right shapes to look like rugby players, and to fit them in Quade Coopers Wallaby jersey" De Villiers said.

He was also scathing in his criticism of SBW, who he stated was responsible for the hot offloads that caused the engine to overheat en route to the recent Super 15 semifinal.

Next thing he'll blame Qantas and their cack-handed service staff.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Well here is a potentially real one. Apparently when engineers use their left hands, engines blow up.

Unions and airlines don't mix well.

http://www.keo.co.za/2011/07/15/boks-latest-rassie-defensive-cohesion-concern/

SA make emergency landing – The Springboks’ plane, a Qantas 747, returned to Joburg airport on Friday night after one of the engines exploded less than two hours into their flight to Sydney.

‘Wish I never watched carteblanche on the quantas 380 incident! Our engine just blew on take off and we just returned to Jhb, not much fun!’ tweeted Bok assistant coach Gary Gold. A few minutes later he tweeted: ‘think we here for the night. Irony also that their is a petrol strike in jhb and we just dumped 65 tons of fuel to land.’

No, but Qantas is the safest airline. Really.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I beg to differ, Blue. As you point out, Qantas is recognised as the safest airline in the world. It would also be one of the most unionised. I believe the two facts are not unrelated.

Really? Safest according to who? And related how?

Any airline can find some sort of "independent" study that declares them best / safest etc. Well ok maybe not Air Pakistan.

Qantas seems to have an awful lot of emergency landings and near disasters.

Anyway I avoid flying them unless there is no other option because their service is godawful and they are in the business of making you feel they are doing you a favor. They botched my bookings twice in a row to London and that's it for me.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So he was more worried about losing tackle bags than players if the plane crashed. Mind the french, but this guy is a f***ing idiot.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Qantas is an airline in decline my Brothers & father all worked for Qantas & the penny pinching is beyond a joke I swear they put a greater price on share holders than they do humans lives these days.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
QANTAS is the only airline never to have crash landed.

Actually, that's a common urban legend which is untrue. Blame Rainman. Two points:

1) QANTAS has never had a jet airplane crash land - they have had numerous crashes prior to jet airplanes. QANTAS have also had several fatalities in their jet airplanes, despite not having crashes.

2) I am sure that there are now numerous airlines who have not crashed - eg Virgin Australia.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not that i particularly like Qantas the corporate entity but for one of the worlds oldest airlines not to have had a major crash is a pretty decent historical record. Also, people die in planes all the time flyin to and from cities for treatment so thats hardly surprisin

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sorry, should have been more specific. QANTAS have had fatalities that were there fault on aircraft - but really only due to luggage compartments malfunctioning and flying luggage hitting people in the head (could've sworn that story was from Snopes, but cannot find it). Otherwise, here's a list of their fatal accidents on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qantas_fatal_accidents

Status
Not open for further replies.