• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Latest SA 3n excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think it is a bit hypocritical when JON comes out and questions the injured springbok players, but then it's okay for Deans to field a b team against samoa

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think it is a bit hypocritical when JON comes out and questions the injured springbok players, but then it's okay for Deans to field a b team against samoa

I don't. Not that I agree with the resting but it's completely different.

T

TOCC

I agree, if you want to have experiemental teams or 'holding pattern' teams, then it should be for Australia A not the Wallabies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You are damn right about this. Test rugby is test rugby and they are suppose to be the strongest sides from the country.

T

TheNextBigThing

Two very different circumstances. Yes Deans did pick a 2nd string but to the ARU's detriment. It's not like Samoa lost ticket sales or ratings over the decision. The reverse is true when a touring side is understrength. Furthermore, many of the selection decisions were made on the basis that the Reds players should get a rest after the final. There is no such excuse for Divvers as no South African players will have played in a SANZAR tournament for three weeks. Lastly, although I don't condone the devaluing of test matches outside of competitions, the fixture against Samoa was a last minute decision intended to be a mutual warm up.

The situations are vastly different and I feel that comparing Deans to PDV in this instance is unwarranted.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Two very different circumstances. Yes Deans did pick a 2nd string but to the ARU's detriment. It's not like Samoa lost ticket sales or ratings over the decision. The reverse is true when a touring side is understrength. Furthermore, many of the selection decisions were made on the basis that the Reds players should get a rest after the final. There is no such excuse for Divvers as no South African players will have played in a SANZAR tournament for three weeks. Lastly, although I don't condone the devaluing of test matches outside of competitions, the fixture against Samoa was a last minute decision intended to be a mutual warm up.

The situations are vastly different and I feel that comparing Deans to PDV in this instance is unwarranted.
You seriously think test rugby only exist in competitions?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Every time the Wallabies run out against another international team, it's a test match. We don't do friendlies, which is why the loss to Samoa was a disaster. I can understand resting some of the Reds, given the workload they had, but I expected a better performance from the guys who were supposed to be their backup. I have concerns about our depth, something that is not a problem for our main rivals.

H

H...

Actually, that's a common urban legend which is untrue. Blame Rainman. Two points:

1) QANTAS has never had a jet airplane crash land - they have had numerous crashes prior to jet airplanes. QANTAS have also had several fatalities in their jet airplanes, despite not having crashes.

2) I am sure that there are now numerous airlines who have not crashed - eg Virgin Australia.

No fatalities since the start of the jet age is pretty good going, don't you think?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
No fatalities since the start of the jet age is pretty good going, don't you think?

Pretty sure there have been fatalities since the jet age, as I said, just no crashes. Besides, I was correcting the myth, not besmirching their record. Second or third oldest airline I think, and a damn good safety record, albeit one that is has slowly slid over the last decade. You don't get a safety record that good through luck; although luck will play a good part.

We're getting off topic here, but Qantas has issues with an over unionised work force (a unionised work force isn't bad - in fact it offers a good level of protection to staff and standards and I think is required in a modern cut throat business world, but if you want to see over unionised screwed up messes, see crap like Rail, Bus and Ferry Union in Sydney or the corrupt Dockworkers Union for starters), slipping profit margins and efforts increase their efficiency, such as circumventing their overly expensive and overly unionised staff.

Bah, too off topic. My last post on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.