• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

League Targets

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
I try be positive, but I can’t agree with this comment. What would seperate him from our current centres?

He doesn’t have footwork like Ikitau, hasn’t passed in 8 years playing as the roosters lead runner, can’t fend like Kerevi..doesn’t kick..

What does he really have that will make him that next level we need?
He probably has better defensive tbh

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I try be positive, but I can’t agree with this comment. What would seperate him from our current centres?

He doesn’t have footwork like Ikitau, hasn’t passed in 8 years playing as the roosters lead runner, can’t fend like Kerevi..doesn’t kick..

What does he really have that will make him that next level we need?
Im a big fan a Kerevi but he has been useless after his last injury. That's one of the reason why WBs couldn't break the line against Fiji and Wales. Just one attacking plan, pass to Kerevi and run

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
Im a big fan a Kerevi but he has been useless after his last injury. That's one of the reason why WBs couldn't break the line against Fiji and Wales. Just one attacking plan, pass to Kerevi and run
Agree he hasn’t been the same since. But, we had him at 12 in 2022. And he was almost unstoppable, and we didn’t win anything. And Angus isn’t as good as 2022 Kerevi.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Crichton has good footwork, a great offload, strength and strong defensively. Much like Kerevi (and Sua'ali'i) he has had a mediocre 2023, but I think that is 1. A by-product of the Rooster's poor play across the board this year and 2. his lack of pre-season with off-field mental health issues. he'd be the perfect replacement for Kerevi if he can re-capture his pre-2023 form when he was an Origin and Australian mainstay.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Yes interesting one hasn’t played rugby since school
Coming off his worst season in nrl - mental health has knocked him abit
Big and strong unit but hasn’t really progressed at all for a few years
Would not be up their with Kerevi as he would have less latrel movement and no passing game so would be a downgrade to Kerevi
Would be a teo type of 12 but would never reach the heights of Kerevi
If the roosters wanted to keep him and Sua'ali'i they would have but with their lack of form happy to let them go
Siua Wong is the bloke I’d be chasing

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
We’re always overestimating the ability of leaguies. Zac Woolford (raiders no 9) played third grade for Easts (Sydney) in 2020. There are plenty of stories similar to this.
Yep certainly
Jack littlejohn was at tigers and I think played 2md and 3rd grade at wicks
Black Ferguson wanted to come to rugby can stated he will be a wallaby