• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

lions are just big pussies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
banter with the poms (i dont discriminate- they are all poms) is about to go into overdrive, i thought we should have a thread where we can pool our insults and use as a reference point if we need to pull one out of the bag to demoralize some of our pale skinned friends..

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
some of the excuses i expect them to use when they lose
"the sun burnt their pale skin and they couldnt sleep at night"
"australian made mouth guards didnt fit their crooked teeth"

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Corny but

Ee-e-e-um-um-a-wehEe-e-e-um-um-a-weh
Wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimowehWimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimowehWimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimowehWimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh
In the rugby, the mighty rugbyThe lion sleeps tonightAgainst the wallaby, the mighty wallabyThe lion sleeps tonight
Wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimowehWimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimowehWimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimowehWimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh
Near the tryline, the peaceful trylineThe lion sleeps tonightIn their backline, their quiet backlineThe lion sleeps tonight
Watch my mauling, fear my ruckingThe lion sleeps tonightHear my footsteps, fear my tacklingThe lion sleeps tonight
Ee-e-e-um-um-a-wehEe-e-e-um-um-a-weh

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well we all know that the 2 people to cop the blame if the Wallabies lose is going to be Deans and Izzy because he is not ready for international rugby.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
banter with the poms (i dont discriminate- they are all poms) is about to go into overdrive, i thought we should have a thread where we can pool our insults and use as a reference point if we need to pull one out of the bag to demoralize some of our pale skinned friends..
I like that you are trying this, seeing the Lions fans clearly won the battle of the crowd in 2001.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
"FACT: Lions are just big pussies"

Could always get a t-shirt with the above printed on it ... *
Was on GaGR's shop portal thingy but seemed to disappear as soon as I went to order one

* I've a copy of the picture from the shop but think there may of been copyright infringement or something so haven't posted it

I like that you are trying this, seeing the Lions fans clearly won the battle of the crowd in 2001.

Yes they did, but our dollar was cheap as chips then, the UK wasn't in a recession and it wasn't just post Olympics ho-ha, so there won't be nearly as many this time :(
But that doesn't seem like a good reason to back of, hence I'm printing out namtrack's song and learning - maybe even pass out copies to peoples around me which might not work as I've got tickets from the second allocation, which word has it was the tickets not taken up by the POMS, so I might be surrounded.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I know this is supposed to be an antagonistic thread, but I'm not that kind of guy. Anyway just wanted to say can't understand the need to print out or learn, encourage other members of the crowd to sing. I also don't get this thing of asking the ARU to bring back Waltzing Matilda, if you want to sing it, just sing it. There's no need for some tinny loudspeaker accompaniment. Just belt it out just before kick off and send a big FU to the ARU while also giving everyone in the crowd goosebumps (both in red and G&G). Anyway I'll let you all get back to ripping the piss out of each other.

D

daz

One small detail: Aussie crowds don't sing. When a section of the crowd (e.g Fanatics or just a small section of pissed Aussie's) try to, they usually end up fizzling out and looking a bit embarrassed. The British do that very, very well but it is just not in our DNA.

Also, I disagree with blanket-calling all Lions tourists "Poms". They aren't. That is a special name we hold in reserve for the English. I would never call the Welsh, Irish or Scottish "Poms". We like them more than that. All of the other British nations have a special dislike for the English, but unfortunately they are now on the same team, which I suspect is secretly galling for them.

Standing up for the anthem with your arms around your mates belting out "Advance Australia Fair" pre-game is how we call our foes to battle.

That and the odd cheeky bit of banter from a wit in the crowd, who usually ends up cracking up all those within earshot.

Just my 2c.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Just find their wives, tell them either that you wouldn't ride that road even if you had a spare dick/she's killed more cocks than a fowl butcher. Then hope somebody else sees them throw the first punch and you're golden!

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
One small detail: Aussie crowds don't sing. When a section of the crowd (e.g Fanatics or just a small section of pissed Aussie's) try to, they usually end up fizzling out and looking a bit embarrassed. The British do that very, very well but it is just not in our DNA.

This time last year I would have agreed with you fully, not so sure now.

Unless they were from different ethnic backgrounds, the wanderers fans sure had a good set of lungs.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
"

Yes they did, but our dollar was cheap as chips then, the UK wasn't in a recession and it wasn't just post Olympics ho-ha, so there won't be nearly as many this time :(
Wrong, there is even more here already with out needing to fly over, they all came here for Work and are planning big lions tours. Just go to area's like Bondi or St Kilda and ask about the Lions tour. I know more people in Melbourne who will be supporting the Lions over the Wallabies, mainly cause my Aussie mates have no idea who the Lions are and only care about AFL, where every one of my overseas mates are looking forward to the matches. Once in a lifetime for them.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Well the 2009 2nd test was one of the most brutal games of rugby I watched for a long time. Physical and brutal is not the Aussie way of playing. They always tries to outsmart their opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.