• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2025

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
But, I'm happy to pay the $$ for my seat though? It just seems weird you don't give the members the first opportunity to buy the ticket before releasing it to be in the ballot or general sale though.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Interesting you don't get to choose your ballot, its just all in. Winning the right to a Brisbane ticket is a lot more valuable than one in Melbourne. I find it hard to believe that the MCG will sell out without going on general sale.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I found it to be the opposite. Why does my Ruby membership not give me first crack at paying for my ticket?

The better sell would be, be a member in 2024 and 2025 and guarantee your seat at all three games.

Putting members into ballot means you run the risk of not getting a ticket which seems counter productive to give back to your base.
Ballots for members allocations will practically guarantee you a ticket anyway. Ballot systems are pretty common for major events, with different groups getting prioritised over others.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
this is smart business, Reds membership; I am likely now to buy a membership for 2024 and 2025 so that I can guarantee a ticket to the Wallabies test match against the lions
View attachment 16895
View attachment 16894
Western Force have released an identical offer just in Blue :) looks like consistent marketing/offer across all the clubs which is smart. I also had a look at the Wallabies first membership but the $1899 knocked me off my chair. Anyway bring it on, will be so good as long as we are competitive!

The Western Force one also had "2024 Wallabies test" and "2025 Wallabies test" which gave me the assumption that we had secured test matches in Perth but now I am thinking that is not the case

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
$1900 is crazy. There is no way test tickets will go for more than ~600/each above their face value on the secondary market. Seems like awful value but I guess its targeted at those who just want to pay and forget about it

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Maybe just maybe is not the best moment to launch the Series. The Wallabies struggling to survive

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Maybe just maybe is not the best moment to launch the Series. The Wallabies struggling to survive
BILs tours details are as much (if not more) for travelling fans as it is for domestic stuff: many young dumb and full of cum professionals and greybeards will already be looking to lodge their leave for that period to ensure access, particularly as they'd be competing with the young family market that will want that time off during the Northern Hemisphere School Summer Holidays.

BILs are already selling £300 presale access places also.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
BILs tours details are as much (if not more) for travelling fans as it is for domestic stuff: many young dumb and full of cum professionals and greybeards will already be looking to lodge their leave for that period to ensure access, particularly as they'd be competing with the young family market that will want that time off during the Northern Hemisphere School Summer Holidays.

BILs are already selling £300 presale access places also.
I know about the 40k Europeans who buy the tour and all the stuff. I'm talking from a SH perspective

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
A Lions tour is always exciting. Given that it is 2 years away and post RWC who does everyone think will be the Aussie bolters for the team to take down the Lions? Who is coming through the ranks now that will be fit an firing in 2025?

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I know about the 40k Europeans who buy the tour and all the stuff. I'm talking from a SH perspective
It's a quiet week in between Tests. After the warm-up matches, all focus will be straight onto the RWC. Super Rugby teams will be launching their membership drives late August - September, and the Lions tour is now an extra feature of even 2024 Super Rugby memberships. So it seems like a logical time to launch it, before all the focus goes on the RWC. And maybe a good week to remind people of those times when it was fun to go to a Wallabies game, unlike the last few years.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
A Lions tour is always exciting. Given that it is 2 years away and post RWC who does everyone think will be the Aussie bolters for the team to take down the Lions? Who is coming through the ranks now that will be fit an firing in 2025?

There's a whole bunch, but of the blokes not formally part of current and previous Wallaby Squads Josh Canham is my pick. He's 22, genuine tighthead lock size, has a nice ball game but needs to work on discipline and concentration, travelled as a non-playing reserve to Tonga with Aus A.

Of the current competitors, the Arnolds will be 35, Skelton 33, Philip 31, Neville 36 & Holloway 32: and the first three will all be playing overseas.

Frost and Rodda will be a hard pair to overcome (maybe Skelton too), but he, alongside Tom Hooper definitely has the ability to push ahead of the next group down.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I can’t help feel this could be the last Lions tour of this style in Australia.

Noting where Australia is sitting in world rugby, if the terminal decline continues do they tour against Australia or pick another team which has potentially leaped past them by 2037, like Japan, Argentina or even Fiji.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I can’t help feel this could be the last Lions tour of this style in Australia.

Noting where Australia is sitting in world rugby, if the terminal decline continues do they tour against Australia or pick another team which has potentially leaped past them by 2037, like Japan, Argentina or even Fiji.
They will never pick another team, the thing about Lions tours is tradition. If the tradition is taken away the players who grew up wanting to play for the Lions won't find it appealing anymore. With 3 game tours being scrapped it will be the only traditional tour left on the rugby calendar.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
It’s timed to take advantage of imminent super rugby membership re-Sales. Not by your personal ranking of wallaby performances
And the Super Rugby membership sales have been a blockbuster in recent seasons. It's what @Highlander35 said, it's orientated to the 40k European supporters who are the main clients of this adventure

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
It’s timed to take advantage of imminent super rugby membership re-Sales. Not by your personal ranking of wallaby performances
My issue with it is, are they going to try carry it for another 2 years after the Lions tour to assist with RWC tickets.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
My issue with it is, are they going to try carry it for another 2 years after the Lions tour to assist with RWC tickets.
That sounds ideal, I'm all for my super rugby membership getting me extra ballot entries for home rwc tickets.

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Waratahs have offered the same deal. Rugby Australia has gone on a money grab and proved Phil Waugh is still just a banker at heart by offering Wallabies First Lions Edition Memberships @$1,899 for the right, NOT actual tickets, to get priority access to purchase 2x tickets all Lions matches plus the usual scarf, beanies etc and a RWC2023 Stan subscription. No word on how this impacts existing Wallabies First members.
The $1899 they are charging for a "lions membership" is absolute BS. Does not include tickets. Just an overpriced que. Disgusting.