• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2025

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The $1899 they are charging for a "lions membership" is absolute BS. Does not include tickets. Just an overpriced que. Disgusting.
Bloody hell that's not bad is it? Certainly not really for the masses, but perhaps making money from those that can afford it?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
RA has been talking about this great opportunity to secure the future of Australia with the Lions and RWC. Did they not think paying for things might be apart of that financial security?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The $1899 they are charging for a "lions membership" is absolute BS. Does not include tickets. Just an overpriced que. Disgusting.
If you can afford it, a guaranteed ticket might be worth it. I can’t, but there’s some rich bastards out there who might. Good on them if they’re willing to pay for it

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Bloody hell that's not bad is it? Certainly not really for the masses, but perhaps making money from those that can afford it?
Wallabies Lions Edition Membership | Buy Now

This is what your $1899 gets.....ITS A MEMBERSHIP WITHOUT TICKETS. Last lions tour I just bought them thru my wallaby gold membership. Appreciate things have changed a little since then for RA.​

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Wallabies Lions Edition Membership | Buy Now
This is what your $1899 gets.....ITS A MEMBERSHIP WITHOUT TICKETS. Last lions tour I just bought them thru my wallaby gold membership. Appreciate things have changed a little since then for Rugby Australia.​
Yep crazy and you would like to think that anybody willing to pay that much for a waiting list would already be a stan sport subscriber!

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The idea is fine, but at that price horrific value. I'd prob get it for ~$500. The only thing of any value is guaranteed rights to the test tickets, everything else is junk.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Are there people willing to pay for it?
To be honest, if I was a Wallaby supporter with pelnty of cash, I would.
I know it's a little pricey, but imagine there will be a few bought etc. I can kind of unerstand making hay while sun shines, and doesn't really seem to affect those that don't want to take part.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
BILs tours details are as much (if not more) for travelling fans as it is for domestic stuff: many young dumb and full of cum professionals and greybeards will already be looking to lodge their leave for that period to ensure access, particularly as they'd be competing with the young family market that will want that time off during the Northern Hemisphere School Summer Holidays.

BILs are already selling £300 presale access places also.
Yeah, I was in that first category in 2001, went to all 3 tests and the Waratahs game and had the time of the life. In 2013 I had small kids and did nothing. They will have finished schooling by the end of next year, I'm getting stuck into it as much as I possibly can, it costs what it costs.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah, I was in that first category in 2001, went to all 3 tests and the Waratahs game and had the time of the life. In 2013 I had small kids and did nothing. They will have finished schooling by the end of next year, I'm getting stuck into it as much as I possibly can, it costs what it costs.
How life goes

2001 - My dad wouldn't buy me a ticket, was still in high school and think he just wanted the night on the piss.
2013 - Went to both Melbourne games and drank way to much
2025 - Kids will be 10 and 5, will do the Melbourne games hopefully but not making that call yet

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The idea is fine, but at that price horrific value. I'd prob get it for ~$500. The only thing of any value is guaranteed rights to the test tickets, everything else is junk.

It's meant to be something super premium that few people subscribe to and clearly not something targeted at the masses.

If it seems like it is decent value then they have underpriced it.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
How life goes

2001 - My dad wouldn't buy me a ticket, was still in high school and think he just wanted the night on the piss.
2013 - Went to both Melbourne games and drank way to much
2025 - Kids will be 10 and 5, will do the Melbourne games hopefully but not making that call yet
You are literally a cycle behind me. My 1989 experience (i.e. your 2001 one) I went to the daytime test at the SFS with my dad, the one where Marto and Campo fucked up behind the goal line to give the Lions the victory.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Took this photo from my seat in ‘89 with the trusty Olympus OM-10

Attachments

• IMG_9678.jpeg
    IMG_9678.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This will be my 3rd British & Irish Lions series to attend; attended the Gabba in 2001, Homebush in 2013 and planning on Melbourne/Brisbane in 2025. My partner is Scottish and family members have already made reservations at our house during the trip

Last edited: