• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions v Waratahs - Round 16, 30 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah that's what I mean, when is his contract up? Although I should've posted it earlier, Dempsey's name on the team made me remember. I can't see how he'd fare better than Gray against Saffers. Dempsey seems more like a 7 than 6 to me. He's pretty small.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah, I most definitely agree.

Tala Gray is off contract at the end of this season. I hope he stays and gets some luck with injury. He's been injured in both the last two preseasons which has cost him.

With Palu gone next year, if he had a good preseason he could easily be the first choice 8 next year.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Tahs dig deep to get a nr2 from Despatch
S24
Despatch hooker trains with ‘Tahs

2015-05-29 09:02
Post a comment
share this

3c971c656e23444794101d1ebaabb4eb.jpg

Bobby Dyer (Gallo Images)

Cape Town - Despatch hooker, Bobby Dyer, has been training with the Waratahs as they prepare to face the Lions in a Super Rugby clash in Johannesburg on Saturday.
The Waratahs currently have their two top hookers sidelined, with Tatafu Polota-Nau struggling with concussion and Tolu Latu banned for four weeks after committing a dangerous tackle.
It forced the defending champions to fly to South Africa with two inexperienced 22-year-old hookers - Hugh Roach and Dave Porecki.
Therefore, the Waratahs opted to invite Dyer - who has played 38 games for Eastern Province - to train with them in Johannesburg this week.
The connection he has with the Waratahs is his friendship with their South African loose forward Jacques Potgieter.
“I was really surprised when Pottie (Potgieter) phoned me,” the 28-year-old told Netwerk24.
“I’ve had two practices with the Waratahs and things are going well.”

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Yeah, I most definitely agree.

Tala Gray is off contract at the end of this season. I hope he stays and gets some luck with injury. He's been injured in both the last two preseasons which has cost him.

With Palu gone next year, if he had a good preseason he could easily be the first choice 8 next year.

I am not sure why Pat Sio is also not being discussed.
Still early 20's.
There are others I'd swap in the squad as well over recent years for the sake of development - but that is all in another thread

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Smh is reporting Mumm on the bench instead of Dempsey.

Will be good to see him get a run tomorrow morning.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I am not sure why Pat Sio is also not being discussed.
Still early 20's.
There are others I'd swap in the squad as well over recent years for the sake of development - but that is all in another thread

He's off to Stade Francais.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
I dont know if you are sarcastic, but reality is, with that footage he cant get a ban.

Rules state that lifting beyond the horizontal and throwing the player on his back = tip tackle. As a spectator, I dont agree with it, but if I was a player on the receiving end I'd be thankful for it I reckon.

Brumbies and Stormers cheering the Lions on flat out!

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Rules state that lifting beyond the horizontal and throwing the player on his back = tip tackle. As a spectator, I dont agree with it, but if I was a player on the receiving end I'd be thankful for it I reckon.
Can you say for sure from the footage he did not land on his arse but on his back? Hope he doesnt get a ban, would be ridiculous.

And @qwerty Id say the Skelton/Latu incident was worse becouse the whistle had gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.