• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions vs Brumbies @ Ellispark

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lions: 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Lionel Mapoe, 13 Harold Vorster, 12 Alwyn Hollenbach, 11 Ruan Combrinck, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Francois de Klerk, 8 Warren Whiteley (captain), 7 Robert Kruger, 6 Jaco Kriel, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Martin Muller, 3 Julian Redelinghuys, 2 Robbie Coetzee, 1 Schalk van der Merwe.
Replacements: 16 Armand van der Merwe, 17 Jacques van Rooyen, 18 Ruan Dreyer, 19 Luvuyiso Lusaseni, 20 Warwick Tecklenburg, 21 Ross Cronje, 22 Jaco van der Walt, 23 Howard Mnisi.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I sense refereeing issues in the Brumbies' near future. Seems like Peyper is looking for any issues he can find.

Hopefully the discipline improves.

Reactions: BDA

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
definitely. i'd put my money on at least 1 yellow card at some point
It's an interesting point that was just made that if you contest every breakdown you're going to be penalised for every little breach of the laws that you might otherwise get away with.

It's mostly not the player going for the ball but the tackler being slow to roll away and improving the chance of the steal ever so slightly.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Brumbies have to watch their discipline. lots of wayward tackles. good aggression but it needs to be controlled

Status
Not open for further replies.