• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions vs Force - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Looking forward to this one. Sure the Lions have turn their resuls around and Mitchell will love seeing his team have one over the maoning/groaning/bitching Force lot.

L

Lachlan

Lions have played some good rugby this year and I've really enjoyed watching them play each week - definitely my favourite non-Aus side. Should be a great game to watch for an impartial like myself.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Beware Paarl, the Force are starting to look like a very workmanlike team (similar in some ways to the Lions). Not a lot of flair or big stars but a team that is really hard to get on top of. The backrow is going really well, which means that the breakdown is hard to dominate, and even an All Black front row couldn't dominate the scrum (which was what I expected to happen). A bit of self belief is all they need plus maybe Willie Ripia back and then they will be no one's bunny (except maybe the Crusaders in their current form).

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Beware Paarl, the Force are starting to look like a very workmanlike team (similar in some ways to the Lions). Not a lot of flair or big stars but a team that is really hard to get on top of. The backrow is going really well, which means that the breakdown is hard to dominate, and even an All Black front row couldn't dominate the scrum (which was what I expected to happen). A bit of self belief is all they need plus maybe Willie Ripia back and then they will be no one's bunny (except maybe the Crusaders in their current form).

I agree. Apart from the crusaders bit. We will beat them again this year :) I honestly believe this game will be the one too see exactly where the force are at this year. They have played 3 of the best teams in the comp so far and the sharks loss was one that was hard too judge. I also think the lions will come close too beating alot of good teams all this year bit will only pick up about 4 wins.

Should be an entertaining game as the force backs are slowly getting into the season. David smith and alfi are slowly starting too look good and get a bit more ball. Sheps had a good run on the weekend and He is only going too get better as the year goes on. Cummins is really conning along especially in defense and not far behind his form is Fairbanks. JOC (James O'Connor) , well I don't need too talk him up. When willi is back I would like too see JOC (James O'Connor) go too 12 and Fairbanks on the bench.

The forwards are all
Looking very good and when pocock comes back it's only going too get better.

I really hope we win this one but am really worried about these proud hard working lions.

Go the force!!!!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I agree that this is a game where we see how we are travelling. Win it, and reckon we're going places. Lose it and it's same old same old.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)

Ripia half a chance off the bench v Stormers, flying out later this week subject to test.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Paarl, are you still mad because the Force gave the Stormers a bitch-slappin' last year?
Nah not at all, its after the Sharks game and all its detail following it, the thread is still alive. Get quick over a loss, take it on the chin and move on. We'll have them next week, cant even think that far, Brutes now this week.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Nah not at all, its after the Sharks game and all its detail following it, the thread is still alive. Get quick over a loss, take it on the chin and move on. We'll have them next week, cant even think that far, Brutes now this week.

I thought so Paarl, I was just doing a bit of stirring....

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Cummins is really conning along especially in defense and not far behind his form is Fairbanks.

I really hope we win this one but am really worried about these proud hard working lions.

Cummins certainly has improved this year. I have been impressed with his willingness to help out the pigs and stick his head in a ruck. That and the occassional head band and he is starting to be Tom Carterish.

M

Moono75

I'm banking on the Force taking this one out just cause they seem to gel playing away from home. Wykes and Sharpe are playing well and Smithy and Alfi are getting more touches. They looked dangerous against the Blues, time to break out against the Lions who have lost Doppies la Grange and fullback James Kamana for the game so that can only help. Cummins has looked OK playing in the centres. Nice coaching grudge match coming up on Saturday.

L

Lachlan

I'm banking on the Force taking this one out just cause they seem to gel playing away from home. Wykes and Sharpe are playing well and Smithy and Alfi are getting more touches. They looked dangerous against the Blues, time to break out against the Lions who have lost Doppies la Grange and fullback James Kamana for the game so that can only help. Cummins has looked OK playing in the centres. Nice coaching grudge match coming up on Saturday.

Looks like he's found his position to me. Always looked a little uncertain/perpetually on the edge of dropping the pill when he plays on the wing but seemed to thrive a little closer to the action.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Lions:

Jaco Taute, Lionel Mapoe, Jannie Boshoff, Waylon Murray, Michael Killian, Elton Jantjies, Rory Kockott, Warren Whiteley, Josh Strauss, Derick Minnie, Franco van der Merwe (capt.), Wikus van Heerden, Patric Cilliers, Bandise Maku, JC Janse van Rensburg.

Replacements: Martin Bezuidenhout, Kevin Buys, Michael Rhodes, Cobus Grobbelaar, Jano Vermaak, Burton Francis, Deon van Rensburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.