• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions vs Force - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Force:

Cameron Shepherd, Alfi Mafi, Nick Cummins, Gene Fairbanks, David Smith, James O’Connor, Brett Sheehan, Ben McCalman, Richard Brown, Matt Hodgson, Nathan Sharpe, Sam Wykes, Tim Fairbrother, Ben Whittaker, Pek Cowan.

Reserves:

Nathan Charles, Kieran Longbottom, Tom Hockings, Tevita Metuisela, Jono Jenkins, James Stannard, Matt Brandon, Pat Dellit.

I'm with you Ruggo - there's nothing much between these two sides. Reckon it could go either way.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Acttab has the force at $2.10 for the win - pretty good odds when Doppies has been ruled out methinks.

Had him as my captain in my fantasy team, devastated he has been rubbed out!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I reckon the Force are in with a huge show this weekend.

This game is only the second Australia vs South Africa game, and on evidence of the first (Rebels and Sharks) the Saffers may not be as hot as we thought. The Lions/Cheetahs game was fairly average, so I am backing the Force to get up here. Should have too much class all over the park now La Grange and Kamana are out.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Really liked the look of Alfi Mafi last week. Showed a lot of promise as a school boy I thought, so hopefully he is now starting to deliver on some of that now. If I remember correctly he played in the centres for NSW and Aus Schools A, so he may well be an option there for the Force.

M

Moono75

....I've thought about it. I left work early on Friday and pondered the result over 5 pints at Botanica watching the Chiefs up the overrated Sharks...and what the Reds did to the Rebels....surely thats illegal in the Commonwealth. Maybe it's the beers talking but I think the Force can do it over the Lions. Maybe it's JOCS endless enthusicasm on his tweets...but I think the boys might just hook it all up this week. Please oh please proove me right! Looking forward to a some cold ones 11pm Perth time Saturday.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
....I've thought about it. I left work early on Friday and pondered the result over 5 pints at Botanica watching the Chiefs up the overrated Sharks...and what the Reds did to the Rebels....surely thats illegal in the Commonwealth. Maybe it's the beers talking but I think the Force can do it over the Lions. Maybe it's JOCS endless enthusicasm on his tweets...but I think the boys might just hook it all up this week. Please oh please proove me right! Looking forward to a some cold ones 11pm Perth time Saturday.

Like. Especially the beers at 11 Perth time.

Go the force!!!!

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Pretty tight game so far. Force showing lots of pace early on but mistakes are bringing the Lions back into the game in a big way.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Force start well, Cummins goes over in the first 20. Force backline and McCalman prominent, giving away some stupid penalties late in the half for Elton to convert into points

Score at HT = Lions 9 - 14 Force

Caaarn the force

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Whittaker gave away about 3 penalties in that half. Needs to clean up his act. Lions not even looking dangerous, just kicking penalties from 50 metres out. Both sides lacking passion at the breakdown. And fuck I hate this ref and his love for calling technical penalties, yes he is right most of the time, but the only person it is helping is his chance of reffing the world cup final.

D

danielok

Where was the yellow in the first half when the lions were constantly infringing?

Status
Not open for further replies.