• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions vs Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
For a change the Tahs cleaned it quick from rucks and it made a world of difference. Why oh why they havent noticed that you score from quick ball is just plain stupid. If they did this simple one they sure would have made the semis with enough bonuspoints, but they were awefull lucky to get that win on friday. Stop playing after a bonuspoint try and you'll pay a prize on the highveldt!

Exactly PB.

Shame on you Burgess doubters. Replacing him (and the altitude for the pigs) were the difference in the second half for exactly the reasons you outline PB. I keep reading in the press how there isn't an obvious choice at 9. Fucking crap.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Gagger said:
PaarlBok said:
For a change the Tahs cleanedit quick from rucks and it made a world of difference. Why oh why they havent noticed that you score from quick ball is just plain stupid.
Exactly PB. Shame on you Burgess doubters. Replacing him (and the altitude for the pigs) were the difference in the second half for exactly the reasons you outline PB. I keep reading in the press how there isn't an obvious choice at 9. Fucking crap.

There have been times the last few years when Sheehan's come on and just simply shovelled the ball out quickly, and he's looked surprisingly good. I seem to remember the Wobblies getting two tries in Durban last year from set play and two quick Sheehan passes. But when he takes on defences with his Angry Ant impersonations he invariably gets nowhere; Saturday night was such an occasion. And he picked up a bad dose of Greganitis with his hovering over the pill waiting for it to hatch. It didn't.

As someone else noted, Burgess' unexpected dashes off the mark have the effect of keeping opposing backrows on their heels. A no brainer for the number 9 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.