• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
St Sam has injured his ACL and got an injection which will probably rule him out of the Force game and maybe even the Reds game. His selection as captain is looking more and more like a hindrance to the Lions. I'd be surprised if he finishes the tour at this stage
Finished? He hasn't even started apart from the embarrassing advert where he roars!?!?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Sat deep in the pocket, offered no running threat, passing was varied from bad to awful and was easily wound up.

Sexton offered a far better threat with ball in hand, he only kicked 2 from 4 that said all 4 where from the side line

He was so deep I'm actually doubly worried about Roberts now because he was still getting over the line. One hell of a player.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Wouldn't judge Roberts until they play a team that is interested in defending, he has been blunt in attack for 2 years. That said he was very impressive yesterday

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Wouldn't judge Roberts until they play a team that is interested in defending, he has been blunt in attack for 2 years. That said he was very impressive yesterday

He's only been blunt in attack for Wales because of those around him. If Sexton & O'Driscoll play either side and hit form he could cause some major damage. He runs lovely angles given the right service, unfortunately with Wales he's used as a battering ram without any subtlety. When Priestland had is purple patch a while back Roberts flourished, since then nothing. Although he's been injured off & on and missed the Aus tour last summer of course.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Can anyone tell me why Tipuric and Davies weren't wearing scrum caps? I barely recognized them at first. Is it a Lions thing? Nobody was wearing one.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Can anyone tell me why Tipuric and Davies weren't wearing scrum caps? I barely recognized them at first. Is it a Lions thing? Nobody was wearing one.

It was 94 humidity, but the lions stuck to it so to the Baa Baas, some good showing from the welsh boys POC and grey did well too, they left Grey and Lydiiate
on for the full 80 as they have just come back from injury, which left them absolutely spent by the end,
As for Farrell cant see him playing in the test side, so lets hope Sexton stays injury free,

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
It was 94 humidity, but the lions stuck to it so to the Baa Baas, some good showing from the welsh boys POC and grey did well too, they left Grey and Lydiiate
on for the full 80 as they have just come back from injury, which left them absolutely spent by the end,
As for Farrell cant see him playing in the test side, so lets hope Sexton stays injury free,

If Sexton gets injured the Lions are fecked !

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But the same applies to the Wallabies and basically every side.

Genia or Robinson or Moore gone = we're fucked.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
But unlike the Wallabies, the Lions can call upon several international test players in each position whereas we maybe have a backup or two, and then we're in trouble. Case in point, scrumhalf, where it's Genia and then daylight

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
But unlike the Wallabies, the Lions can call upon several international test players in each position whereas we maybe have a backup or two, and then we're in trouble. Case in point, scrumhalf, where it's Genia and then daylight

I agree, it is unfair and should be stopped!?!;)

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)

It's daylight after Sexton too if I'm honest. Farrell isn't ready, and all other options that could be called upon aren't in the same class. People like Biggar, Wilko and the rest aren't anywhere near Sexton.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
It's daylight after Sexton too if I'm honest. Farrell isn't ready, and all other options that could be called upon aren't in the same class. People like Biggar, Wilko and the rest aren't anywhere near Sexton.

I am praying for Wilkinson to be called up, but that is because I want the Lions to lose. Toulon managed one try in the knock out stages of the Heineken cup and that had nothing to do with Wilkinson. Nothing against the fella, he is an absolute gentleman but he is slower than crude oil and tends to be found even deeper. Sexton has not been place kicking well but he is miles ahead of Farrell who is fantastically bad, bit tricky though having daddy as one of the coaches, thought the ironic clapping of Brits sin binning was especially classy!!!;)

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
But unlike the Wallabies, the Lions can call upon several international test players in each position

Not sure about that one, this is probably the worst Lions squad for overall talent in a generation. There is a huge drop off between the incumbents and their replacements at 1,3,4,5,10,13,14,15 not to mention that the Lions have a lot of average and overhyped or out of form back rows, Tipuric and SOB are the only ones I'd say are potentially "world class", 3 9's who all have different deficiencies in their game and a 12 who hasn't shown any decent attacking form since the World Cup. The Lions are just as vulnerable as the Wobs into injury, although there are one or two positions were any injury to the favourite could be the Lions best selector.

Status
Not open for further replies.