• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Live Chat Japan France!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BRIX

TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw. Walsh has got most scrum calls right i reckon. That last one went the wrong way, but tough call considering Japan are getting dominated every other scrum anyway. If Japan were dominating like that, everyone would be calling for penalties the other way.

B

BRIX

TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw. Walsh has got most scrum calls right i reckon. That last one went the wrong way, but tough call considering Japan are getting dominated every other scrum anyway. If Japan were dominating like that, everyone would be calling for penalties the other way.

Bru, I respectfully disagree. I think Walshy, much like other referees (Kaplan) is a bit egocentric. His adjudication of this game is extremely inconsistent with the last 3 played so far as he sets his own precedent. France are playing well but haven't really gotten out of 2nd gear thus far because Japan haven't gotten out of park really. What I am enjoying is this high intensity sort of urgency played by all teams competing - great to watch.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Bru, I respectfully disagree. I think Walshy, much like other referees (Kaplan) is a bit egocentric. His adjudication of this game is extremely inconsistent with the last 3 played so far as he sets his own precedent. France are playing well but haven't really gotten out of 2nd gear thus far because Japan haven't gotten out of park really. What I am enjoying is this high intensity sort of urgency played by all teams competing - great to watch.

You can think he is "egocentric" if you want, but it doesn't make his calls incorrect. Also, what do you think he lacks consistency on?

He had a shocking first 5 minutes, but ever since then he's had good control of this game. I reckon he knows he stuffed up big time, which is probably why he is so strict all of a sudden. Doesn't want to miss anything else.

B

BRIX

You can think he is "egocentric" if you want, but it doesn't make his calls incorrect. Also, what do you think he lacks consistency on?

He had a shocking first 5 minutes, but ever since then he's had good control of this game. I reckon he knows he stuffed up big time, which is probably why he is so strict all of a sudden. Doesn't want to miss anything else.

First 5 minutes? that knock-on that wasn't called and the killing of the ball on the French line just saved me a post

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
@Brix ...Where did i say he is making every single call correctly? I said he is doing a fairly good job ever since. I don't think one missed knock on refutes what I said at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.