• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ma'a Nonu

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
He is struggling to find a franchise in NZ that wants him.

Saders and Chiefs have said they don't. He left the Blues and Highlanders. His last chance is making amends with Hammett at the Canes. I seems it will happen but it'll be a difficult talk because he was fired from there by Hammett a few years ago.

His main problem is he is way too hard on the younger players - bullying them into doing things his way and packing a sad when they don't listen to him. Bloody difficult to work with. Pulls his head in for the All Blacks because he ain't king monkey.

He's our superstar ego.

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would like to see the ARU and NZRU come to an agreement and allow players from each country play rugby for a franchise in the other country and still be eligible for the national team.Probably will need some fine detail negotiation but could possibly relieve situations like Nonu's and O'Connor's.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I would like to see the ARU and NZRU come to an agreement and allow players from each country play rugby for a franchise in the other country and still be eligible for the national team.Probably will need some fine detail negotiation but could possibly relieve situations like Nonu's and O'Connor's.

I doubt a player like Nonu would pull his head in and put his heart into an Aussie team when he can't even do in NZ? Not sure about O'Connor.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Conrad Smith seems to be playing mediator in all this. He's been in the press a lot lately talking about how he'd love to play with Nonu again, and there's just a few things that need to be worked out, whatever those are.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
cheap speculation but his negativity to other players, if true, might say more about his unhappiness at the franchise than anything else. Hurricanes is the right place I think, but Hammett is another matter.

I also think Nonu puts effort in but it often appears misguided, he certainly doesn't seem to be tuning into his team mates.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I have always thought if your playing super rugby, you should be eligible for your national team, no matter which country your super team is from.

M

Muttonbird

His main problem is he is way too hard on the younger players - bullying them into doing things his way and packing a sad when they don't listen to him. Bloody difficult to work with. Pulls his head in for the All Blacks because he ain't king monkey.
That he's a bully is the rumour but something which is difficult to verify. He's probably got a lot to say at training and lesser experienced coaches like Hammett, Lam, and Joseph don't seem to be able to handle it.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
O'Connor should feel at home playing in NZ on a full time basis, wasn't he born there? :)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
No - born in Oz.

His parents are from NZ and he spent 5 years there as a nipper.

His mum's parents are from the RSA.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
No - born in Oz.

His parents are from NZ and he spent 5 years there as a nipper.

His mum's parents are from the RSA.

Shouldn't be too hard then, having lived there as a kid, he's hardly outgrown his childish behaviour at times!

BTW, Lee, thanks for the correction!

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
He's probably got a lot to say at training and lesser experienced coaches like Hammett, Lam, and Joseph don't seem to be able to handle it.

So, question: If Conrad Smith is getting involved here -- and he's as experienced as anyone -- could he smooth the way for Hammet to accept Nonu back?

I saw Hansen was "disappointed" that no Super team seemed interested in Nonu; I wonder if the NZRU will pressure Hammet or someone to take him in so they can keep Nonu in black.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Hopefully the Crusaders pick up the toxin, I would like to see them turn to shit for a while :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He doesn't fit the mould of a Crusaders player.

I think they'd be better off letting him go OS and playing Carter at 12 for the AB's with Cruden at 10.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm hoping he can patch things up with Hammett on a purely All Black side of things. NZ rugby can't lose him until after the World Cup due to the fact that our Centre stocks are looking a bit bare for the next few years.

The fact that he'll be playing his Super Rugby with Conrad is just a bonus.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
He doesn't fit the mould of a Crusaders player.

I think they'd be better off letting him go OS and playing Carter at 12 for the AB's with Cruden at 10.
NZ need their power centre at 12. Carter no power centre. That would be a bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.