• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ma'a Nonu

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muttonbird

So, question: If Conrad Smith is getting involved here -- and he's as experienced as anyone -- could he smooth the way for Hammet to accept Nonu back?

I saw Hansen was "disappointed" that no Super team seemed interested in Nonu; I wonder if the NZRU will pressure Hammet or someone to take him in so they can keep Nonu in black.
Absolutely that's what they will be doing.

Hansen has said he doesn't want to get involved but one word in to the media, "disappointed", is getting involved. Apparently you don't want to get on the wrong side of Tew and Hansen either.

Hammett is a NZRU appointment so I'm sure they'll be telling him what side his bread is buttered on. Also, I would have thought Nonu is far more important to the All Blacks' World Cup campaign than Hammett if it comes down to it.

On the other side of the argument, forcing Hammett to take Nonu back unwillingly suggests player power.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Maybe Nonu and JOC (James O'Connor) could start a team of outcasts with the likes of Rocky Elsom and Alfie Mafi?

Just imagine the fight over who captains.....
Imagine
James Small can be the team manager since he likes to party till 5 am in a test week too

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Absolutely that's what they will be doing.

Hansen has said he doesn't want to get involved but one word in to the media, "disappointed", is getting involved. Apparently you don't want to get on the wrong side of Tew and Hansen either.

Hammett is a NZRU appointment so I'm sure they'll be telling him what side his bread is buttered on. Also, I would have thought Nonu is far more important to the All Blacks' World Cup campaign than Hammett if it comes down to it.

On the other side of the argument, forcing Hammett to take Nonu back unwillingly suggests player power.
What if SBW comes back or Ranger?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Stuff him. Put him out to pasture if nobody want's him.

Yeah and while they're at it I've heard there's a group of them that are more trouble than they're worth. I reckon that the NZRU should turf them all on the scrap heap. Carter, McCaw, Read, Dagg, C.Smith to name a few. Bloody trouble! :D

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Ranger is gone, hes withdrawn from the Rugby Championship squad as well.

Yep, sounds like he wanted/needed to spend time with his baby and partner before heading off to France. On the flipside, it means someone else can get some time in the centers. That may not be best for NZ's Rugby Championship campaign, but they should be better for it in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.