• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

MANLY 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Saw the latest newsletter on your website today encouraging supporters to have "anti Carter" banners and chants at the oval on Sunday. PLEASE lets not take on the Kiwis mentally of booing the individual (aka Quade). It is REALLY bad sportsmanship and does not do anything for the game of rugby!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Saw the latest newsletter on your website today encouraging supporters to have "anti Carter" banners and chants at the oval on Sunday. PLEASE lets not take on the Kiwis mentally of booing the individual (aka Quade). It is REALLY bad sportsmanship and does not do anything for the game of rugby!

I don't agree with the booing, and I'm sure that is not the direction of encouragement.

Tummy Carter gives as good as he gets in the sledging department, and I'm sure it is all left on the field were it should be.

Done the right way creates the tribalism that is great in club rugby. I'm sure Tummy loves being the centre of attention and enjoys returning fire when he can. No doubt it will be done the right way.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Agree - Carter is a prat - so probably is Quade - but I detest the vindictiveness of some personal taunts. Happy to create tribalism so lets hope the Manly fans take note and do it the "right way"

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)

199MM - I agree 100%. I'm not sure who at the club was responsible for the post but I can assure you and all GAGR'S (having taken some soundings) that there will be no banners targeting individual players at the ground - controlling individual spectator behaviour on any ground is always difficult but the Club does its utmost to ensure the correct spirit is maintained within the player and administrative cohort .

That said the club hopes as many Sydney Uni supporters as possible get to Manly on Sunday and most importantly bring their sense of humour with them. With the weather looking good it all points to a cracking day of rugby played by two excellent sides in first grade - the 3rd grade match up should be a good one between the clubs too so why not make it a full afternoon by the seaside.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
" So cue the anti-Tom Carter chants and banners and get yourself down to Manly Oval"
That's not nearly as bad as you have made it out to be.
It's a harmless aside at the end of an of a article on the clubs website.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
" So cue the anti-Tom Carter chants and banners and get yourself down to Manly Oval"
Nowhere near as bad as "Rat Kill Hill" !!!!!:)

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
I hope the "youngings" interpret it the same way you do Galah - will be really happy for some good banter and a great win for the Marlins at the Village Green

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Agree - Carter is a prat - so probably is Quade - but I detest the vindictiveness of some personal taunts. Happy to create tribalism so lets hope the Manly fans take note and do it the "right way"

I agree he has been a prat and has brought a lot of this on himself.

The best way to treat him is to ignore him as that takes away his business model ie attention seeking behaviour.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I hope the "youngings" interpret it the same way you do Galah - will be really happy for some good banter and a great win for the Marlins at the Village Green
@Galah is coming off the bench late in the game, how old do you think he is when you reference "youngings"

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have a lot of respect for Manly as a club but I think it's pretty off to have attacks on an individual opposition player sanctioned on the club's official website.

I'm looking forward to Sunday and I hope Tommy Carter runs right through Manly.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I have a lot of respect for Manly as a club but I think it's pretty off to have attacks on an individual opposition player sanctioned on the club's official website.

I'm looking forward to Sunday and I hope Tommy Carter runs right through Manly.

I'm sure he'll have the same effect as a good laxative ;)

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Reminds me of The Wired World Of Sports:

"and Curry's been going straight through him all night"
"well he shouldn't be eating that shit before a game"

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Really unlucky today but when you are up 17-0 and being dominant all around the park you shouldn't lose. No matter how far ahead of Uni you are you know they will keep coming.

By the way it's a battle of the northern beaches next Saturday in Colts when Manly and Warringah play for a spot in the colts 1's GF.

Nos Tradamus

Frank Nicholson (4)
Enjoyed my time on the hill yesterday. some taunts funny - others probably crossed the line a touch. Although I'm sure (from all reports) he's a prat, calling him "a cancer on rugby" and "i'm going to fire bomb your car Carter" are probably pushing it. Although the constant taunts of Tom Kingston being a "traitor" and "judas" were quite funny.

all in all - a wonderful day at the oval.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How good was Maile's steel on Carter in the second half.

I haven't re watched the game yet, 2 tries whilst Jordy was in the bin - ouch.
If Jordy was binned it surely should have been reciprocated with Uni's repeated infringements.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Hingano would have been very contented with his game yesterday.
It was a great steal,but I preferred the hit he put on Carter a little later in the game.He got all of him,to his credit Carter got up reasonably quickly.
Any idea why Kingston moved?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hingano would have been very contented with his game yesterday.
It was a great steal,but I preferred the hit he put on Carter a little later in the game.He got all of him,to his credit Carter got up reasonably quickly.
Any idea why Kingston moved?
Or how he put down man mountain Skelton early in the game in a one on one.
I think you will have to ask Kingston what Uni provided?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Enjoyed my time on the hill yesterday. some taunts funny - others probably crossed the line a touch. Although I'm sure (from all reports) he's a prat, calling him "a cancer on rugby" and "i'm going to fire bomb your car Carter" are probably pushing it. Although the constant taunts of Tom Kingston being a "traitor" and "judas" were quite funny.

all in all - a wonderful day at the oval.

Some unacceptable comments there, but Carter sure doesn't do anything to stop the taunts. I noticed while the rest of the Uni team were celebrating the win Tom immediately ran over to the hill to have a go at his knockers. They won't stop until he does!

Status
Not open for further replies.