• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Can’t see the Rebels not making the top 8 now, they’ll pick up few more points this season..

But with the nature of the finals series, if you don't finish in the top 4 you’re likely to be playing 3 away games in a row (quarters, semis & grand final), on top of the Rebels 2 away games to finish the season.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Can’t see the Rebels not making the top 8 now, they’ll pick up few more points this season..

But with the nature of the finals series, if you don't finish in the top 4 you’re likely to be playing 3 away games in a row (quarters, semis & grand final), on top of the Rebels 2 away games to finish the season.
Still our most successful season, considering the off field drama I’ll take it

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So last night and today I have spent some more time going over the administrators report, I can't see a way the vote for DOCA isn't passed. I don't know how RA continue to stay quite on there plans once the vote has taken place. Interestingly enough RA is not listed as a creditor at all, there appointed administrator recommended the DOCA. Also find it funny how two creditors are owed all of $1. Smart play Paul and Gary.

For those wanting to know who the creditors are without reading all the boring stuff:
EIT Finance

Coates Hire

HP Financial services

Custom Service Leasing

Macquarie Leasing

ATO

Rugby Initiatives

MOPT

State Revenue Office Vic

Lyndsey Cattermole

Rugby Vic

Neil Douglas Hay

Estate of Robert Rae Dalziel

O’Brien Group

Tim North

Owain Stone

Dalziel Superannuation

Georgia Widdup

BRC Capital

Sarah Stone

Gary Gray

Paul Docherty

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So last night and today I have spent some more time going over the administrators report, I can't see a way the vote for DOCA isn't passed. I don't know how RA continue to stay quite on there plans once the vote has taken place.

Surely whether or not the DOCA is voted for entirely comes back to the ATO. Everyone else has nothing to gain by not voting for it whereas the ATO can (and already has) started going after the directors personally.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
For those wanting to know who the creditors are without reading all the boring stuff:

Rugby Initiatives

They only list the top 10 creditors, most of whom are either Directors or entities controlled by directors

There are 35 employees (players) and 100 others who are listed as creditors, which probably includes RA as they are listed as having attended meetings of creditors

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Surely whether or not the DOCA is voted for entirely comes back to the ATO. Everyone else has nothing to gain by not voting for it whereas the ATO can (and already has) started going after the directors personally.
This is the thing isn't it.

ATO holds 50% of the claims

If ATO votes to accept the DOCA and provide a release to the Directors in relation to their DPNs they get 15c to 30c in the $
or
If ATO votes to reject they continue to chase the Directors for their personal liability.

What's the chance they can get more than $3 million out of the Directors personally?

Tazzmania

Tom Lawton (22)
RA is not listed as a creditor at all, there appointed administrator recommended the DOCA.
The directors appointed the administrators not RA, see page 7 of the document you refer to.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 125530.png

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
that's noted in the report. Basically says the directors have heaps of assets and would be easily targetted

The administators' report suggesting a significant likelihood of a long period of insolvency could also push creditors to deciding it's worth pursuing the directors personally rather than accepting 15-30 cents in the dollar.