• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels 2024

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
So next year???

Gibbon
Uelese
Tupou
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
Canham
Kemeny
Wilkin
Leota
Louwrens
C Gordon
Daugunu
Feliuai
Proctor
Anderson
Kellaway

Mafi
Eloff
Fa’amasuili/Talakai
Smith
Ekuasi
Tuttle
G Vaihu
M Gordon

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So next year???

Gibbon
Uelese
Tupou
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
Canham
Kemeny
Wilkin
Leota
Louwrens
C Gordon
Daugunu
Feliuai
Proctor
Anderson
Kellaway

Mafi
Eloff
Fa’amasuili/Talakai
Smith
Ekuasi
Tuttle
G Vaihu
M Gordon
Looks good to me, only big question is who's our 12, don't know if Feliuai is it. Maybe Vaihu. I think Ili is going for another year too.

I'm assuming Leota will rotate through the locks, 6, 8 as will Salakai-Loto and Ekausi will start half at 8. Curious to see how Lancaster & M. Gordon can make the step up. If they're super quality we suddenly have a little tiny bit of depth.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Matt Proctor signed for two seasons.
Matt effin Proctor. I absolutely hated that guy at the hurricanes. I thought he was an absolute ref botherer, winging and whineing at the weakest things. To be fair it might have also been that he scored so many tries against us

If he still has it a nice addition to our weak centres so perhaps him changing clothes will lead to me being a fan.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I’m most excited about Daugunu. We know he’s Super Rugby standard and potentially above but it’s his speed that’s so valuable. It just opens up a few aspects that we lacked this season. The opposition defensive line will potentially be spaced a little more, our attacking shape can be a fraction deeper.

Can see the team been full of bruisers with Gordon entirely pulling the strings. Will put a large target on his back tho.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
9 & 12 are my only positions where I'm concerned about the best XV. Maybe a backup 10 option as well, Mason isn't ready and I don't have faith Jooste.

Otherwise I think it's just a bit of depth at one or two positions (tighthead lock, maybe openside flanker) that bring me pause.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
9 & 12 are my only positions where I'm concerned about the best XV. Maybe a backup 10 option as well, Mason isn't ready and I don't have faith Jooste.

Otherwise I think it's just a bit of depth at one or two positions (tighthead lock, maybe openside flanker) that bring me pause.
TH is not a worry, lock is. Agree with 9 and 12 too. Maybe bring back Joe Powell on the cheap

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I think Lancaster will be every chance of starting multiple games next year through deserving it and not injury. A lot may depend on his involvement in the 7s program and the Olympics but he's a Winger with the ability to do those big plays and create his own chances. Anderson is steady but I think will be overtaken by Lancaster sooner rather than later.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
TH is not a worry, lock is. Agree with 9 and 12 too. Maybe bring back Joe Powell on the cheap

I did mean locks capable of playing like heavy fuckers, rather than tighthead props, I don't mind relying on Smith/Tualima as bench options generally, but we'll be pretty light on if Canham gets injured or regresses.

I'd love to have Bip back for Halfback tbh.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I did mean locks capable of playing like heavy fuckers, rather than tighthead props, I don't mind relying on Smith/Tualima as bench options generally, but we'll be pretty light on if Canham gets injured or regresses.

I'd love to have Bip back for Halfback tbh.
I predict Smith to go big 2024

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
If we’re not recruit a world class 9, I would stay with Louwens, he has 2 years of experience with Gordon, they know each others game. That counts for a lot

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Man I hope we can organise some pick up games like other teams are doing. Can't imagine we have the money to do so though.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels U18s to take Brumbies tomorrow in a trial.
1688081139359.png