• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Army_Gav

Imagine that, Super 17....throw in an Argie team ot two. Super 19.....thats a massive year of rugger.....
Heaps of threads around here about that. Doubt the Argies will join us, regardless of what Pinochet wants.

The most revent develop points towards them developing their domestic comp.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
If you have to read the print media, The Australia & The Age are your sources. Avoid the Murdoch mouthpiece, called the Herald Sun (who ironically sponsor the Rebels).
The Australian is Murdoch as well, but the long ago fired any unique journalists. All wire agencies and existing NewsLtd-folk.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Fair enough. Saders primary, Rebels secondary.
Well anyway, hopefully you grab a Rebs membership (I've heard good things about the REBEL ARMY BLUE MEMBERSHIP HINT HINT) and get down to a few games.

It's better than doing nothing! (new motto I'm working on)

Make sure you get down to Turf Bar and meet the loyalists, we'll try to convince you to ditch the Saders, just roll with it.

Who knows, in a few years you'll probably have ditched Sir Richie and gone straight on to the First Amalgamated Church of Delve like the rest of us.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
we'll try to convince you to ditch the Saders, just roll with it.

Who knows, in a few years you'll probably have ditched Sir Richie and gone straight on to the First Amalgamated Church of Delve like the rest of us.

Good luck with that. The darkside is strong within me. :p

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
AFL is a good game to go watch live, but I only see it a sa novelty value, when there is nothing else to do and you have an arvo/night to kill.

Best watched live with someone who will know what the fuck is going on.

Only way I have been able to get into it was live. The strategy is quite enlightening when you get to see what is happening off the ball. Some thing that you don't get on TV.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Only way I have been able to get into it was live. The strategy is quite enlightening when you get to see what is happening off the ball. Some thing that you don't get on TV.
Yes, AFL is seriously underrated by you lot up north. The fact that it's compared to league so often is quite insulting for us Victorians :p

The TV angles don't do it justice.

Just don't get the wrong impression once GWS starts up.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yes, AFL is seriously underrated by you lot up north. The fact that it's compared to league so often is quite insulting for us Victorians :p

Who compares it to league? I would sooner watch AFL on TV over league.

Would agree that it is seriously underrated. But at least with Rugby you get the international aspect. Having said that, the international rules games that are played occasionally appear interesting. Just need to actually go to a game.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Who compares it to league? I would sooner watch AFL on TV over league.

Would agree that it is seriously underrated. But at least with Rugby you get the international aspect. Having said that, the international rules games that are played occasionally appear interesting. Just need to actually go to a game.

As in the main game in NSW and QLD compared to the main game in VIC/SA/TAS/WA. I like watching the Storm but I just don't see how people can prefer league over AFL.

International Rules used to be a big spectacle 10 years or so ago. Since they stopped forcing the All-Australian team to play and just picked any randoms who wanted a free trip, it's just become more of a curiosity :p

A

Army_Gav

119498958977780800stop_sign_right_font_mig_.svg.med.png

Isn't this a Rugger thread on a Rugger forum?

Anyone notice how the State Rugby centre got next to stuff all publicity?

Status
Not open for further replies.